last I checked nero did not kill Attila in history.

Attila killed rome.

And the singularity doesn't count, that was three on one.
He's referring to original Altera's/Attila's backstory in Fate/Extra universe, which is rather crazy and very spoilery for Fate/Extella. You want to learn the details, check the wiki.

He's referring to original Altera's/Attila's backstory in Fate/Extra universe, which is rather crazy and very spoilery for Fate/Extella. You want to learn the details, check the wiki.

oh I know about excaliblasting.

its incredibly stupid and weird, considering the white titans apparently smashed up the gods way back when, yet somehow a saberfaced cavewoman saved the world.

its incredibly stupid and weird, considering the white titans apparently smashed up the gods way back when, yet somehow a saberfaced cavewoman saved the world.
Personally I liked it. Excalibur is supposed to be the blade that protects the World. It seemed not quite powerful enough to do so as time when on. But apparently when the seals come off, the Sword of Promised Victory means business.

I'd protest having actually been through Extella, but this is really not the place to debate it when Altera's origins are unlikely to be relevant here.

Personally I liked it. Excalibur is supposed to be the blade that protects the World. It seemed not quite powerful enough to do so as time when on. But apparently when the seals come off, the Sword of Promised Victory means business.
Well, Excalibur shows it true power only when an enemy that threatens the entire world appears, and considering the time it might have been used by a fairie, maybe even by Nimue herself.

Edit.
Yeah, this is not the thread for this conversation.

I like this story, it's a shame we will not see Muramasa ishtar / ereshkigal and parvati soon joining the chaos that is chaldeas
at least the grandparents are closer to come

Chapter Four - Pt. 3
A/N: ...So the update won't end until next chapter, because I wasn't happy with the bit I did write earlier. So I decided to do a bit more. And it became this. Whoops.

----

Sparks fly with every clash of their blades. The sky rings with a symphony of clashing steel. The battle the King spoke of has finally come, a day too soon in a life that should have never been. Atop the stage that had once been for a photoshoot, their fated duel finally comes to pass.

The blade that faces hers is uncertain yet peerless, wavering yet invisible. Following it is a pain even with her supernal instinct - and the woman who wields it is a ghost herself. Her speed is impossible, and the way she weaves across the battlefield even moreso. She seems to disappear with every step taken, as if the world itself moved as she did.

Arturia Pendragon swings once more, and once more Excalibur tastes fleeting steel. Her blade is a dragon, an irrepressible titan. But her opponent's blade is a ghost, a phantom with no form but what it wills.

Once more they clash, her blows turned with skill alone. And again, and again and again. Crashing steel, like a stone fighting the river. Her swings are turned aside with the talents of a prodigy, her guard constantly tested by a dozen thrusts at once.

"I am so sorry right now," Okita Souji weeps, her voice everywhere and nowhere. Though she speaks, she continues to move. And fight. "This isn't how I thought it would happen! I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT LIKE THIS, ARTURIA-SAN!"

"But let us use this opportunity regardless," Arturia responds coolly. She holds Excalibur before her, shifting and invisible. "Howl, Hammer of the Wind King: INVISIBLE AIR!"

The King slams Excalibur into the ground. A gale flares out about her feet, knocking aside stones and stands and any who would stand about her. The Captain is nowhere to be seen, untouched by the roar of the wind.

Instincts shout and drive her. She turns about, swinging about Excalibur to meet the blade of Okita Souji, spinning through the air.

"Hiken: MUMYOU--"

She sees a vision, Excalibur pierced by a blade that it has easily turned, her neck pierced by a blade that should have shattered. Arturia curses to herself that the wind has been spent. Mana Burst flares and Excalibur burns, a bright gold bonfire.

She swings. She stabs.

"--SANDAN-ZUKI!"

Causality falters.

A sword of gold, not quite the light of a new dawn, rips the stage asunder.

Arturia hits the ground bent on one knee, her shoulder slick with blood and gushing a river of red. Okita twirls to her feet not far forward to her right. She flicks her blade and takes up another stance.

Saber smiles as she stands up again, Excalibur held in only one arm. This feels familiar, and not in a bad way. "Your technique is impressive, Okita. A localised collapse in causality?"

The Captain chuckles. She lets one arm fall limp by her side; the sleeve is torn, and it bleeds along a thin strip from shoulder to wrist. "And yours, Arturia-san. I'm sorry we had to fight today - but I'm glad it was against you!"

"And I, you. This duel reminds me of another samurai I fought once." Arturia smiles. She holds her blade up at the Captain. "Come, Okita Souji! The battle begins now!"

Okita trips over herself.

"...Eh?"

She falls to her knees, clutching at her neck. Okita bends over and coughs out a mouthful of blood. Her complexion goes from pale to faint.

"Okita!" Saber takes a step towards her. She jumps, just in time to avoid another slash. She lands as the 1st Division Captain stands, using her sword as a cane. A pale blue-green haori patterned with white triangles spawns about her arms and shoulders as she stumbles onto her feet.

"What are you doing… Arturia-san…" Okita smiles. She wipes the blood from her mouth and holds her sword parallel to the ground. Another trail of red drips from the corner of her mouth. "Our duel… is not yet complete!"

She charges, heedless of her wounds.

The sky sings with a symphony of clashing steel.

----

She is Demi-Servant Shielder. Her task is to protect. Her strength is in the defense of others, and she has strength enough to turn away all blows. But each swing she meets, each crashing blow of thunder and death she catches in the icon of her Class, rattles her arms and pounds in her ears. It is like fighting a thunderstorm - no, a mountain. Every blow is power, every strike like thunder, one that threatens to shred flesh and boils bone with each strike, godlike force alone. Mashu cannot hold out forever. Not against Saber. Not even against a tenth of Saber.

But she meets each blow regardless, for this battle is more than one of endurance. Above her, musket after musket pulled from nowhere opens fire on the Witch of Betrayal, each met by a beam of violet energy. But volume of fire carries the day; for all her power, for all that her word is Law in this Temple, Medea of Colchis is losing this battle of firepower. This is the aid she made a pact to acquire. It had to be worth at least this much to be worthwhile.

Mashu Kyrielight, Servant Shielder, is only half a Servant. She cannot last forever against the Scourge of God. Were Attila the Hun truly intent on killing her, her head would already be staining the floor. Shielder or not. But though she will eventually lose this contest of strength and stamina, her 'Master' will lose the war long before then. She need only buy time.

"You LOSE, Caster! FUHAHAHAHA!" Though the roar of gunpowder and the shriek of magic fills the air and drowns out all other noises, Oda Nobunaga's voice carries across the battlefield with no trouble at all. The full bombast of the Demon King abides no obstacles, be they noise of barrier or being shorter than most. "This is your limit, Princess! Surrender your shrines!"

"Ghh… Tch!" Her cloak has long been shed, blown off by sheer firepower. But Medea of Colchis continues to stand tall, her features and figure all but drowned out by the violet light of her magic. "Watch your tongue, Archer, lest you bite it off!"

"S-SHUT UP! TH-THAT NEVER HAPPENED!"

Another salvo thunders over and around her, but Mashu Kyrielight pays it no attention at all. She meets the prismatic sword once more, receiving another blow that shakes her to her core. She feels her chance on the backswing, pushes back with her full strength the moment that sword draws back. Attila meets it in kind, driving her knuckled fist into the center of the cross. A sound like a thunderbolt washes over her. All sounds, all thoughts are drowned out beneath that blow. Mashu Kyrielight sees it too late, moves to intercept too late. The sword is already spinning, drawing threads of magic into it.

"You are strong, Shielder," the Scourge of God says as a sigh. "But your resistance ends here. Bow before the Sword of the War God: PHOTON RAY!"

She feels it more than sees it, the rainbow searing so brightly into her eyes it may as well be white. Her instincts, Shielder's borrowed senses, move to act at that very moment.

Attila stabs forward with a swirling drill of a thousand colours. That strike would have pierced her shield and her body in the same motion.

She steps through time, divorced from the world.

It passes right through her, like she is little more than smoke.

Attila the Hun charges through Shielder, and leaves not a single mark on that small body. When she realises, the shield is already swinging for her head. She deflects it with the butt of her sword, just barely strong enough that it clips the top of her hair. The two warriors break off, one gasping for breath, the other looking on impassively.

"You dodged," Attila says evenly. She points the sword, Photon Ray, at her. "But how much longer can you dodge?"

"Long enough... to win," she rasps. Her lungs are burning. Her arms are jelly. Her head is pounding. She needs air. Mashu takes in a deep breath and drives the base of her shield into the ground. "Pass if you dare, Saber! Deploying Noble Phantasm: LORD--"

"Hyaaa--!"

Something falls before her. A flash of blue trimmed in black, voluminous and curly. Mashu's eyes focus as the figure rises to her feet. "Ow ow ow… Daaaaaaammit…"

"...Chal...deas…" Mashu trails off, the moment dead. "What is going o--s-s-se-senpai?!"

Ritsuka Tohsaka, dressed fully in drag, looks at her like a deer in the headlights. "M-MASHU! I, uh, this, I mean--"

"No no I'm sorry!" Mashu, her face bright red, lets go of her shield and covers her face. "I'M SORRY SENPAI I'M SORRY!"

The image of her Master flickers. Her eyes widen in shock. She made a mistake.

Attila the Hun surges forth through the false Ritsuka Tohsaka like a prismatic thunderbolt.

Mashu Kyrielight got distracted in the sanctum of an Archmagus gifted in the arts of all forms of magic. And for that, she will pay with defeat.

She charges right past Mashu, the tip of Photon Ray glancing off the top of her shoulder - and her hand catching her right in the throat. She presses tight on her carotid artery and slams her into the ground. Mashu sputters and gasps, flailing her arms weakly on Attila. She feels nothing of her blows, only looking blankly as her vision fades.

The Scourge of God stands triumphant once more. She flicks her blade, casting the dust from it, and turns her eyes upon the Archer in red and black.

----

Things went from great to awful in a matter of seconds. One moment, Nobu is on the verge of overwhelming the Witch of Colchis with firepower alone, and the next that dark-skinned Saber kicks her in the face and sends her flying! She hits the ground and slams her clawed hand to arrest her momentum while she drew her katana, but Attila was upon her in an instant. A clumsy clash of blades and she was sent flying again with another kick.

Nobunaga slams into the far wall and cries out in pain. She hits the ground with a heavy thud. Attila is coming for her once more, her prismatic blade trailing with swirling colours.

"Don't kill her too, Attila," Medea's voice rings from everywhere and nowhere. "Master would be displeased. But teach her a lesson!"

"Yes," she whispers, and leaps at her. She charges at her from the sky, Photon Ray poised to strike.

Nobunaga laughs. She cackles. She pulls an especially large orange from the folds of her jacket, looking like it's been stitched together from countless orange skins. "Caster, Caster, Caster, CASTER, CASTER! DID YOU REALLY THINK? IT WOULD BE?! THIS?! EASY?!!" She holds the orange up, the frankenfruit wobbling perilously as if overfilled. "BEHOLD, THE NOBU-BOMBU, VERSION 2.54131625--"

Attila lands, Photon Ray driven through it. The fruit starts ticking.

"Why this again," Nobu whimpers.

"I don't understand," Attila says back.

There is a loud explosion. All is drowned out in white.

Last edited:
I hope Ritsuka reconsiders letting Medea have so much freedom in the future when she just caused a miniature grail war because she wanted to indulge in her hobbies.

I think I feel a giggle. Heh. Heheheheheh. HAHAHAHAHA!

That was great. Nobu was golden as always.

It's a really good story, but honestly I'm just not in the mood of crack these days. But it's a fun story so don't get discouraged.

Well, this is not something Medea can get a way with just a stern talking.
She falls to her knees, clutching at her neck. Okita bends over and coughs out a mouthful of blood. Her complexion goes from pale to faint.
Ouch, her tuberculosis is acting up.
"You are strong, Shielder," the Scourge of God says as a sigh. "But your resistance ends here. Bow before the Sword of the War God: PHOTON RAY!"
OHSHITOHSHITOHSHI-, wait, she used just Photon Ray, not Teardrop Photon Ray. We're good.
Nobunaga laughs. She cackles. She pulls an especially large orange from the folds of her jacket, looking like it's been stitched together from countless orange skins. "Caster, Caster, Caster, CASTER, CASTER! DID YOU REALLY THINK? IT WOULD BE?! THIS?! EASY?!!" She holds the orange up, the frankenfruit wobbling perilously as if overfilled. "BEHOLD, THE NOBU-BOMBU, VERSION 2.54131625--"

Attila lands, Photon Ray driven through it. The fruit starts ticking.
OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT!!!

What's the difference? I've played Extella and still don't know. Is one just a charge attack while the other is a sword beam ala Excalibur?
Photon Ray is the FGO one.
Tear Drop Photon Ray is a killsat beam, and it's the true power of it. A TDPR in Chaldea would probably wipe it out, similarly to the issue with Excalibur.

Last edited:
Back