They are in fact still recovering from the crit fail. I'm okay waiting a turn but no more than two. If we want to get the refugees to us before the Legion arrives we can't wait any longer.

I can definitely agree with that. We need to get those Brotherhood forces out of California ASAP. We just need to make sure it has the best chance possible of succeeding.

Vote Tally
Adhoc vote count started by Isaacssv558 on Dec 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM, finished with 85 posts and 15 votes.

• [X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate
    -[X] Yardwork
    --[X] Western Great Khans
    ---[X] 25 Veteran Paladins
    --[X] Northeastern Great Khans
    ---[X] 50 Veteran Paladins
    ---[X] 50 Paladins
    ---[X] 100 Knights
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour (Can be taken multiple times.)
    --[X] Yangtze Memorial
    ---[X] 20 Knights
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Pourable Stone
    -[X] The Mineshaft Gap
    -[X] Sowing Seeds
    -[X] Elijah's Little Helpers
    -[X] The old world has burned.
    --[X] Industrial Technology
    ---[X] Electronics Manufacturing
    ---[X] Portable Machine Tools
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Plan Khans and Caps
    -[X] Yardwork
    --[X] Western Great Khans: 50 Paladins
    --[X] Northeastern Great Khans: 100 Knights, 50 Paladins, 50 Veteran Paladins
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour
    --[X] Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ: 10 Knights, 5 Paladins
    -[X] We Come in Peace (still locked)
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] The Mineshaft Gap
    --[X] Vault 11 (locked)
    -[X] Greasing the Wheels
    -[X] Gold Diggers
    --[X] Search
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Sifting Through the Ashes
    --[X] Pre-War Military
    -[X] A challenger has arisen: Part II (locked)
    -[X] Big Brother (locked)
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Operation Bunker Busting
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour X 3
    --[X] Vault 3
    ---[X] 10 Knights 10 Paladins
    --[X] Vault 19
    --[X] Vault 22
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Sowing Seeds
    -[X] Steel Legion
    --[X] Mister Handy Variants
    ---[X] Mr. Ore
    -[X] Sifting Through the Ashes
    --[X] Pre-War Corporation
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate (Yangtze Memorial -> Crashed B-29)

Vote Closed for [X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate

[X] Yardwork
-[X] Western Great Khans
25V; ST 100: 25, Major Success (8 DoS)

-[X] Northeastern Great Khans (T2)
50V, 50P, 100K; ST 100+100: 23, Major Double Success (8+8I DoS)

[X] Magical Mystery Tour
-[X] Yangtze Memorial
20K; ST 100: 24, Major Success (8 DoS)

[X] Wheels on Wheels
-[X] New Vegas (T2)
ST 80: 43, Good Success (4 DoS)

[X] We Come in Peace
ST 80: 30, Good Success (5 DoS)

[X] Yes Minister (T2)
ST 80: 50, Success (3 DoS)

[X] Pourable Stone
ST 85: 31, Major Success (6 DoS)

[X] The Mineshaft Gap
-[X] Vault 11
ST 95: 52, Good Success (5 DoS)

[X] Sowing Seeds
ST 80: 30, Good Success (5 DoS)

[X] Elijah's Little Helpers (T2)
ST 75: 89, Slight Failure (1 DoF)

[X] The old world has burned.
-[X] Industrial Technology
--[X] Electronics Manufacturing (T3)
ST 70: 60, Bare Success (1 DoS)

--[X] Portable Machine Tools (T2)
ST 90: 14, Major Success (8 DoS)

[X] A challenger has arisen: Part II (T5)
ST 70: 74, Slight Failure (0 DoF)

[X] Big Brother (T3)
ST 55: 59, Slight Failure (0 DoF)

[X] The Purge (T4)
ST 85: 13, Major Success (8 DoS)

Rolling now in Rolz Room Elijah.

Last edited:
Really good in our military actions, also part of our spies did really well, 13 for the purge and portable machine tools for science scored 14. Unfortunate that both of the actions to gain more science actions failed though
Only so much we can do. I brought up the fact that because the Inquisitors need to understand infiltration in order to do their job we might get a boost. It was a super crit combined with this turns success they have experience that can really help big brother actions.

Only so much we can do. I brought up the fact that because the Inquisitors need to understand infiltration in order to do their job we might get a boost. It was a super crit combined with this turns success they have experience that can really help big brother actions.
It's a problem of mindset. Inquisitors are still all about walking around in power armour and killing things with heavy weaponry. Their mindset simply isn't appropriate for infiltration. You already got plenty of bonuses from that critical. I'm not giving you more just because it was super crit.

Lyons has the worst job. He just wanted to improve the Brotherhood's relationship with the weak and downtrodden. Instead, he is purging undesirables.
Well we can spin it like this to him. By purging the undesirables it lets us work closer to the locals without risking our self. That means we can offer more aid. Also the undesirables are a threat to the locals as well.

I'm honestly surprised he's our intrigue guy. I figured he'd be more diplomatic focused considering this is his thing.
He really should be, but Elijah can be something of an idiot. He mistook Elder Lyons' genuine kindness and care for the wastelanders as propagandistic genius. After all, how could anyone value the lives of savages? Clearly Elder Lyons ran a ruthless espionage campaign to eliminate dissent in the locals by murdering anyone who witnesses the Brotherhood doing something objectionable. (Elijah has an odd view of what qualifies as propaganda.)

Edit: In Elijah's words, "it would be his job to ensure the locals understand our good intentions and never see cause to oppose us."

@Isaacssv558 Not sure if this has been brought up, but the negotiated ending of the siege and exodus to Nevada; what does it look like for us getting the tech out of there, does most of it have to be blown up, or can the brotherhood in those bunkers make transportation?

Also, how many bunkers are without sufficient hydroponics? I'm thinking that a staggered release time over a few months would prevent multiple large groups of BoS peeps moving through Ncr territory at once, so they feel better, and let's us have slightly less strain on our food (and to a lesser extent food).

Also, I get the impression that the other elders are out of touch with reality (invade the Ncr. Like... What?) anyway, would having the various enclaves arrive over time have a positive effect in terms of newcomers being sensible and working to keep the hearthfire of civilization going? (Basically will there be an internal BoS political factor that results from a "bunker or two at a time" method vs "all out at once", or am I walking down a silly tangent?

The bad blood between NCR and BoS, preventing the sale of electricity... Just how enthusiastic is the BoS about things like conquering the NCR (or, horrifically, killing them all), vs finding a lasting peace so that civilization can rebuild rather than destroy itself. Again.

Edit: having been stealth'd by the QM, I no longer belive the main character is in any way sensible.

Last edited:
Well here is my hope that someone from the California Brotherhood is a good spy so we can put them in charge. It would work too because all this time failing would give Elijah a reason to switch him out. Then we can put Lyons on diplomacy or at the very least get him some help.

@Isaacssv558 you never answered my question on armor.
1. Can we get the upgraded recon armor that Lyons' chapter developed?
2. If we found combat armor from pre war stashes could we study them to equip our troops.
3. If we get better/more kinds of gear can we make a new rank?
3a. Like the recon armor is set for lower ranked members with the new rank of Squire, combat armor for Knights, T-45 for Paladins, and T-51 for Veteran Paladins.
3b. If we ever get the T-60 or that Enclave armor researched then maybe another rank up like Templar, Chevalier, or Cavalier.
3c. When we start taking in locals we can give them the rank of man-at-arms, Lay brother, or Sergeant.
4. Is Arthur Maxson with us he went with Lyons so should have come back with him as well?

@Isaacssv558 Not sure if this has been brought up, but the negotiated ending of the siege and exodus to Nevada; what does it look like for us getting the tech out of there, does most of it have to be blown up, or can the brotherhood in those bunkers make transportation?
It will depend on your rolls. You got the vertibird plans by evacuating Lost Hills, the other bunkers may possess similar bounty.
Also, how many bunkers are without sufficient hydroponics? I'm thinking that a staggered release time over a few months would prevent multiple large groups of BoS peeps moving through Ncr territory at once, so they feel better, and let's us have slightly less strain on our food (and to a lesser extent food).
About two thirds lack sufficient hydroponics, but many of those have at least some hydroponics.
Also, I get the impression that the other elders are out of touch with reality (invade the Ncr. Like... What?) anyway, would having the various enclaves arrive over time have a positive effect in terms of newcomers being sensible and working to keep the hearthfire of civilization going? (Basically will there be an internal BoS political factor that results from a "bunker or two at a time" method vs "all out at once", or am I walking down a silly tangent?[/USER]
The elder's being out of touch with reality is, sadly, canon. Their rate of arrival will not have political effect. Elijah is not always more sensible than the other elders. However, they will listen if he argues against war with the NCR. After all, Elijah just saved their chapters from a slow death. They're out of touch, not ungrateful. Also, Elijah's opinion would be seen as less biased because he has no moral qualms over destroying the NCR.
@Isaacssv558
Edit: having been stealth'd by the QM, I no longer belive the main character is in any way sensible.
This is Elijah. In canon he tried to literally gas (as in chemical weapons) the entire NCR. His thought process often makes sense internally, but to an observer he is obviously odd.
Well here is my hope that someone from the California Brotherhood is a good spy so we can put them in charge. It would work too because all this time failing would give Elijah a reason to switch him out. Then we can put Lyons on diplomacy or at the very least get him some help.

@Isaacssv558 you never answered my question on armor.
1. Can we get the upgraded recon armor that Lyons' chapter developed?
2. If we found combat armor from pre war stashes could we study them to equip our troops.
3. If we get better/more kinds of gear can we make a new rank?
3a. Like the recon armor is set for lower ranked members with the new rank of Squire, combat armor for Knights, T-45 for Paladins, and T-51 for Veteran Paladins.
3b. If we ever get the T-60 or that Enclave armor researched then maybe another rank up like Templar, Chevalier, or Cavalier.
3c. When we start taking in locals we can give them the rank of man-at-arms, Lay brother, or Sergeant.
4. Is Arthur Maxson with us he went with Lyons so should have come back with him as well?
1. Perhaps not that specific armour, but there are multiple types of upgraded non-power armour potentially available.
2. The Brotherhood is rather obsessed with power armour. However, if you found some particularly advanced combat armour you could research and use it.
3. You've already done this in the form of the Inquisitors. Upgrades and additional ranks will be possible.
3a. Recon armour is slightly superior to basic combat armour. However, replacing recon armour is planned as a future option.
3b. See above.
3c. Something along those lines, sure.
4. Yes, but he's still a kid.

EDIT: Also, how well am I portraying Elijah's peculiar brand of insanity? He is a rather odd character to write.

Last edited:
I like the current portrayal of Elijah the over obsessed slightly unhinged personality. It makes it fun to see how things play out. We as the players can get away with stuff because Elijah is so different from normal brotherhood members.

Elijah comes across as finding people complicated and tech pretty simple. He kinda feels like a slightly grounded mad scientist who wants to fix the world but all the incompetents keep getting in his way.

EDIT: Also, how well am I portraying Elijah's peculiar brand of insanity? He is a rather odd character to write.

As someone who is by most standards, a monster, but still has his own twisted ideals and hopes.

Also, someone who delights in finding intellectual peers, like Robert, or Izben in his speciality. Though I may be projecting after dealing with some very. aggravating (read: thick) people last night.

Hmm does Elijah think that Robert House is a) as smart, b) less smart c) more smart than him d) insufficient data to tell.

How does Elijah feel about the thought of someone being cleverer than him, and not just a little bit either .

Same question, though only a little bit cleverer, or about the same cleverness with Elijah?

Basically, fear jealousy or hate, or excitement and possibility and the rush you get from being challenged/pushed? :D .

TL,DR: Basically, what do we have to do to get Elijah and House to be BFFs? :D

Back