Ouch. Will that go up over time or are there other actions that provide boost? I'd rather not take that action at 55% and have it turn into another big brother...
It would will go up over time. Your previous failure is yet to wear off entirely.
Yeah there is much I can see that will boost the trade actions though with all but one of the major raiders wiped out you would think the chances would be higher. The main threat was always getting robbed or killed on the trade route after all. We have plenty of things that the wastelands need and people will definitely want to trade. We also start off with a trusted level due to us spreading the naivety rumor. All and all I think we just have to chance it.
The greatest challenge was always convincing the Brotherhood that trade is actually worthwhile. This is much harder than convincing them to make better use of tech.

Which doesn't actually make sense if the timeline is supposed to be the same. I can handwave it away as things just happening a few years earlier than they did in cannon. If the Lone Wanderer is born earlier then things line back up.

Doing the Khan's at the same time should boost the chances of success. There are only so many things we can do and we have done most of them already. Trading is always going to be hard because of the Brotherhood's attitude not because of the danger.
I moved the entire east coast timeline forward a few years to make things work.

Wouldn't potentially attracting the interest of the Boomers and opening air supremacy research be a more worthwhile investment? Imagine, if you would, combining radio, robotic, and flight capabilities to create small surveillance drones (honestly it would be relatively basic technology for short range capability - radio allows manual control so little autonomy programming needed, dense energy storage exists). Our information advantage would reign truly supreme - the Legion's radio silence wouldn't stop us from seeing their movements. We'd know their every logistical route, every gathering of soldiers... a prospect worth salivating over. And the Crashed B-29 could make that reality sooner than later.
The Boomers are one of the factions that I want to ally and eventually integrate if possible, but we currently don't have enough diplomacy actions to do Stalemate and that at the same time. I want to focus on getting the remaining Brotherhood out of danger before opening up relations with the Boomers. It is on the agenda though, don't worry.

The Boomers are one of the factions that I want to ally and eventually integrate if possible, but we currently don't have enough diplomacy actions to do Stalemate and that at the same time. I want to focus on getting the remaining Brotherhood out of danger before opening up relations with the Boomers. It is on the agenda though, don't worry.

I would consider the Boomers to be near irrelevant compared to the potential of aerial surveillance drones. Their most basic form is so relatively low tech they're children's toys in our universe (and do not require the incredibly massive economies of scale other "children's toys" have, like smartphones). Only major potential in-universe hindrance I can think of might be finding sufficiently low weight material (though with our new vastly improved energy storage system, this is likely a hindrance and not approaching intractable). Out-of-universe I don't think any faction used drones in canon; but then again, they didn't have Black Mountain, high energy storage, or Elijah.

I would consider the Boomers to be near irrelevant compared to the potential of aerial surveillance drones. Their most basic form is so relatively low tech they're children's toys in our universe (and do not require the incredibly massive economies of scale other "children's toys" have, like smartphones). Only major potential in-universe hindrance I can think of might be finding sufficiently low weight material (though with our new vastly improved energy storage system, this is likely a hindrance and not approaching intractable). Out-of-universe I don't think any faction used drones in canon; but then again, they didn't have Black Mountain, high energy storage, or Elijah.
You are forgetting two things:
1. Robots are expensive. Your current 'production' relies heavily on scavenged parts.
2. You already have the vertibird plans.

You are forgetting two things:
1. Robots are expensive. Your current 'production' relies heavily on scavenged parts.
2. You already have the vertibird plans.

1. True - I initially hoped by keeping them small we'd cut raw material costs, but without low-weight materials we would be forced to go bigger. Probably the size of a Mr. Gutsy at least (they do manage to float off the ground with their extra limb weight, so I wouldn't expect it'd require more than their model, even if they could only be launched from a high location like Black Mountain).

2. I honestly figured the vertibird plans were too advanced to be easily incorporated into what I initially imagined as, to Elijah at least, equivalent to paper airplanes. But good to know vertibird plans are relevant to this theoretical idea, so no real need not to pull the sword from the stone (if only we knew Pre-War Culture to make a King Arthur reference - fitting if we do so on the same turn as wiping out the final raiders, no?). :)

Last edited:
1. True - I initially hoped by keeping them small we'd cut raw material costs, but without low-weight materials we would be forced to go bigger. Probably the size of a Mr. Gutsy at least (they do manage to float off the ground with their extra limb weight, so I wouldn't expect it'd require more than their model, even if they could only be launched from a high location like Black Mountain).

2. I honestly figured the vertibird plans were too advanced to be easily incorporated into what I initially imagined as, to Elijah at least, equivalent to paper airplanes. But good to know vertibird plans are relevant to this theoretical idea, so no real need not to pull the sword from the stone (if only we knew Pre-War Culture to make a King Arthur reference - fitting if we do so on the same turn as wiping out the final raiders, no?). :)
Light weight materials are expensive. The Brotherhood's most advanced material is still steel. In addition, electronics, especially small electronics, are very expensive, partially because integrated circuits were never invented in fallout.

Light weight materials are expensive. The Brotherhood's most advanced material is still steel. In addition, electronics, especially small electronics, are very expensive, partially because integrated circuits were never invented in fallout.

Right, forgot about the electronics part. Still, surely using parts from a few existing robots would be incredibly useful. Less useful if they can't fly high enough to reasonably avoid gunfire now that I think about it - hmm, a basic model may not be quite as incredible as initially imagined. It could merely be an initial good investment with potential to be game changing.

You are forgetting about their flight pods that were used to train pilots which we kinda need when you want to fly something

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Crazy7s1 on Dec 14, 2018 at 1:07 PM, finished with 70 posts and 14 votes.

• [X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate
    -[X] Yardwork
    --[X] Western Great Khans
    ---[X] 25 Veteran Paladins
    --[X] Northeastern Great Khans
    ---[X] 50 Veteran Paladins
    ---[X] 50 Paladins
    ---[X] 100 Knights
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour (Can be taken multiple times.)
    --[X] Yangtze Memorial
    ---[X] 20 Knights
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Pourable Stone
    -[X] The Mineshaft Gap
    -[X] Sowing Seeds
    -[X] Elijah's Little Helpers
    -[X] The old world has burned.
    --[X] Industrial Technology
    ---[X] Electronics Manufacturing
    ---[X] Portable Machine Tools
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Plan Khans and Caps
    -[X] Yardwork
    --[X] Western Great Khans: 50 Paladins
    --[X] Northeastern Great Khans: 100 Knights, 50 Paladins, 50 Veteran Paladins
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour
    --[X] Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ: 10 Knights, 5 Paladins
    -[X] We Come in Peace (still locked)
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] The Mineshaft Gap
    --[X] Vault 11 (locked)
    -[X] Greasing the Wheels
    -[X] Gold Diggers
    --[X] Search
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Sifting Through the Ashes
    --[X] Pre-War Military
    -[X] A challenger has arisen: Part II (locked)
    -[X] Big Brother (locked)
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Operation Bunker Busting
    -[X] Magical Mystery Tour X 3
    --[X] Vault 3
    ---[X] 10 Knights 10 Paladins
    --[X] Vault 19
    --[X] Vault 22
    -[X] Wheels on Wheels
    --[X] New Vegas
    -[X] Yes Minister
    -[X] Sowing Seeds
    -[X] Steel Legion
    --[X] Mister Handy Variants
    ---[X] Mr. Ore
    -[X] Sifting Through the Ashes
    --[X] Pre-War Corporation
    -[X] The Purge
    [X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate (Yangtze Memorial -> Crashed B-29)

But the BoS? Less economic issues, has large amounts of local support and isn't seen as foreigners, has decent logistical capabilities within the Mojave and has fortifications it can retreat to and pull the exact same shit the California brotherhood has pulled on the NCR with sieges. And I doubt Caesar isn't aware of how the NCR's war with the Brotherhood has gone.
Plus on a individual level, we have more firepower.

Average NCR guy has combat armor and a hand made rifle.

Us? We got T-45 and laser weapons for our average grunts.

He's got old football gear and melee weapons. A fight with us is gonna end in the Legion getting mulched. So we need to be ready for a shadow war, he's gonna do his damndest to kill our local support and get as many new meatshields recruits for the Legion. Thankfully, we're clearing out his ideal candidates, IE, the Raiders.

So anything else people think we should try for next month? If my plan doesn't pass I say we should go for both Stalemate and the trade option. With House giving us RoboCo technology for providing power to New Vegas that is a good way to get the rest of the Brotherhood to agree.

So anything else people think we should try for next month? If my plan doesn't pass I say we should go for both Stalemate and the trade option. With House giving us RoboCo technology for providing power to New Vegas that is a good way to get the rest of the Brotherhood to agree.

I definitely think we should consider stalemate so long as the chances are good, right now we still have some time before we HAVE to take it so we should do anything and everything that can boost before hand.

I definitely think we should consider stalemate so long as the chances are good, right now we still have some time before we HAVE to take it so we should do anything and everything that can boost before hand.
Well trading should help boost Stalemate, as well as any more wheels on wheels, I think the tourist action is also a major boost to chances.

Well trading should help boost Stalemate, as well as any more wheels on wheels, I think the tourist action is also a major boost to chances.

Tourists should do it definitely. Trade just has a low chance of success and I would be cautious of taking it until its higher. As for Wheels on Wheels we can't actually do any of those, we could only do it for New Vegas because Mr.House was supplying the materials for it. We presently have no source of Copper or Aluminum.

Tourists should do it definitely. Trade just has a low chance of success and I would be cautious of taking it until its higher. As for Wheels on Wheels we can't actually do any of those, we could only do it for New Vegas because Mr.House was supplying the materials for it. We presently have no source of Copper or Aluminum.
Well my plan has us looking for new sources of materials. There aren't many more options we can take that will boost trade. I think the current one with House is the last one we have for a while. Maybe working with the followers could help but I can't think of anything else.

Well my plan has us looking for new sources of materials. There aren't many more options we can take that will boost trade. I think the current one with House is the last one we have for a while. Maybe working with the followers could help but I can't think of anything else.

The QM did say that the chances will go up over time, I wouldn't be surprised if the odds for that action are still recovering from the critical failure we had earlier in the quest.

The QM did say that the chances will go up over time, I wouldn't be surprised if the odds for that action are still recovering from the critical failure we had earlier in the quest.
They are in fact still recovering from the crit fail. I'm okay waiting a turn but no more than two. If we want to get the refugees to us before the Legion arrives we can't wait any longer.

Back