Find Caesar, laser Caesar, no more Legion, no more issue beyond the usual issue of there being raider neighbors since the Legion cannot hold itself together without him.

[Locked] The Men Who Knew Too Little
While you hate to admit it, the jokes about the Brotherhood's naïveté are rather on target. While Black Mountain has allowed you to detect NCR plots before they begin, not all enemies use radio. Infiltrators may be temporarily stymied by a lack of recruitment, but you will eventually have to expand.
Time: 1 Month
Chance: 65%
Reward: ESS Counter-Espionage Department
Was the intrigue options not updated?

AN: Humans are split into Pre-War and Wastelander based on radiation and FEV exposure. Brotherhood, Vault, and Enclave populations are generally Pre-War while most others are Wastelander. Pre-War humans have longer lifespans and are more compatible with certain Pre-War technology. Wastelanders have a higher incidence of mutations. The two strains are otherwise identical. Other population types include Ghouls, Super Mutants, Nightkin, etc.
Pre-War humans should also be taller on average, due to Wastelanders having less access to good nutrition and exposed to radiation for generations. The best example of this is Arcade Gannon being taller than literally every human in the Mojave.

This also means that Pre-War Ghouls and Power Armor would be taller as well, making them all the more intimidating for the average wastelander. Supermutants are terrifying due to the average one (~10'5" tall) being nearly twice the height of the average wastelander(I'm guesstimating about 5'3" due to 3" avg gain over 100 yrs in america on the rise, so 200 years post nuclear apoc would be about 7").

It really depends on how you look at it. Sure, if they absolutely spend themselves in shattering us it's a losing proposition. But if they can count on us weakening or even defeating the Legion enough before we collapse, it'd be stupid for them to wait until we can devote our full attention to one front. As for the death laser, it's evident in how we use it that has limits and they'll be trying to figure out and take advantage of those limits.

Except they don't know if the laser has any limit. They were sure the forces sent to take Helios one would be enough to win they were wrong, they were sure that they were safe in California they were wrong, they were sure the laser couldn't fire too fast so they could rush they were only partially right. They have been wrong too many times for them to risk it the "leadership" might want to but the military will not sign off on an attack.

Find Caesar, laser Caesar, no more Legion, no more issue beyond the usual issue of there being raider neighbors since the Legion cannot hold itself together without him.

That is my plan for the Legion either laser Caesar, or kill the command structure to make them fall apart. The legion is dependent on the leadership to operate properly.

Last edited:
Was the intrigue options not updated?
It was supposed to be the new option. Fixed.
Pre-War humans should also be taller on average, due to Wastelanders having less access to good nutrition and exposed to radiation for generations. The best example of this is Arcade Gannon being taller than literally every human in the Mojave.
Good point. I forgot how tall Gannon is.
The NCR told Caesar about your laser and he's smart enough to stay hidden. ARCHIMEDES II is actually more effective against the NCR because they are more technically adroit. Black Mountain can detect the NCR leaders by listening to their radio transmissions. The Legion makes significantly less use of technology and is thus partially immune to Black Mountain.

wait how much time till NCR kills the western brotherhood currently if hostilities resumed? @Isaacssv558

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Final Steps before Stalemate
Martial
-[X] Yardwork
--[X] Western Great Khans
---[X] 25 Veteran Paladins
--[X] Northeastern Great Khans
---[X] 50 Veteran Paladins
---[X] 50 Paladins
---[X] 100 Knights
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour (Can be taken multiple times.)
--[X] Yangtze Memorial
---[X] 20 Knights
Diplomacy
-[X] Wheels on Wheels
--[X] New Vegas
-[Locked] We Come in Peace
Stewardship
-[X] Yes Minister
-[X] Pourable Stone
-[X] The Mineshaft Gap
--[Locked] Vault 11
-[X] Sowing Seeds
Learning
-[X] Elijah's Little Helpers
-[X] The old world has burned.
--[X] Industrial Technology
---[X] Electronics Manufacturing
---[X] Portable Machine Tools
-[Locked] A challenger has arisen: Part II
Intrigue
-[Locked] Big Brother
-[X] The Purge

So, this is the final turn I'm not taking Stalemate, I want to have the ability to try again before Brotherhood members start starving.

EDIT: We can take both Khan actions at once, so that is what we're doing. By the end of the month the Mojave will be Raider Free! Yangtze can still be explored though.

Wheels on Wheels shows that we are selling our Electrical Power, which should help Stalemate alongside We Come in Peace.

Getting another stewardship is a god send, we'll need it when we have to start getting serious in our refugee construction. We also need concrete for that, as well as seeds to make more farming locations.

Once again, more actions are always welcome, and the Electronics manufacturing is now at a reasonable chance to try. Portable machine tools should help us repair things, rather than having to replace broken parts that we might not know how to make. Veronica's training hopefully continues.

If Big Brother would actually succeed that would be nice, but the real focus is The Purge. The Mojave is going to be a intelligence void for all outside factions if we have anything to say about it.

Last edited:
The NCR told Caesar about your laser and he's smart enough to stay hidden. ARCHIMEDES II is actually more effective against the NCR because they are more technically adroit. Black Mountain can detect the NCR leaders by listening to their radio transmissions. The Legion makes significantly less use of technology and is thus partially immune to Black Mountain.

Of course the NCR told them well then we will have to settle for using the scouts and spies to find targets like Graham and then radioing in the location then laser the commanders and their staff before battles start. If we can get the steath suits it makes it much easier, but maybe for now our guys are good enough.

Anyways here is my plan for this turn.

[X] Plan Khans and Caps
Martial:
-[X] Yardwork
--[X] Western Great Khans: 50 Paladins
--[X] Northeastern Great Khans: 100 Knights, 50 Paladins, 50 Veteran Paladins
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour
--[X] Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ: 10 Knights, 5 Paladins
Diplomacy:
-[X] We Come in Peace (still locked)
-[X] Wheels on Wheels
--[X] New Vegas
Stewardship:
-[X] The Mineshaft Gap
--[X] Vault 11 (locked)
-[X] Greasing the Wheels
-[X] Gold Diggers
--[X] Search
-[X] Yes Minister
Learning:
-[X] Sifting Through the Ashes
--[X] Pre-War Military
-[X] A challenger has arisen: Part II (locked)
Intrigue:
-[X] Big Brother (locked)
-[X] The Purge

For marital the Great Khans are the last major raider group so let's cut off their escape. The extra knights are to get 200% and wipe out that portion in one month. The sword is the same reason @Fezzes stated last turn, the Sunset plant is if we are going to start trading we will need more caps and that HQ could tell use where to go.

For Diplomacy if we want to get stalemate a better chance we need to provide power to the rest of the Mojave. Let's start with New Vegas. Our actions have already improved stalemate by 5% already we need to double down on this. The other is still locked so just in there to show that same with the rest of the locked actions.

For stewardship we are locked into the Vault and will be done next turn. The trade caravan is another way to integrate us with the locals and make other actions easier, this should also improve the Stalemate action. Gold diggers is because quite frankly we need resources. The Yes Minister is obvious get more actions.

Learning the first one is obvious as well more actions and some toadies. The Pre-War Military is the most applicable at the moment we have a war that could heat up and a war coming against the Legion. Portable Tools are just an all around boost to most of our actions so no real reason not to follow it. Veronica is still locked in so that'a that.

Intrigue we still have to finish Big Brother hopefully with our counter spies done the experience and them keep out other will help finally finish this action. The purge will help keep us safe in the area we are worst in so a no brainier.

Edit: well that was unfortunate I got beat to the punch both plans are more or less the same. A few differences so I will leave mine up for anyone that wants a slightly different move.

Edit 2: Since the QM said we could take both Great Khan actions I'm dropping the sword and and striking the Khans down. Also changing the plan name.

Last edited:
News 2
New California Times

NCR-Brotherhood Armistice Questioned:
The recent armistice with the Brotherhood of Steel has been called into question by recent events. President Kimball has publicly questioned armistice and called on Congress to support his proposed retaliatory measures. "We cannot allow any group, no matter how mighty, to murder NCR citizens," Kimball commented. "The Brotherhood must be destroyed." Public opinion on a renewal hostilities has been mixed. Many desire reprisals for years of Brotherhood raids and the recent death of General Lee Oliver. Others fear a repeat of the Lost Hills Massacre.

Key General Questions Kimball:
The President's rhetoric has created tension with the republic's highest ranking officer, General Hsu. The President, himself a retired General, is said to frequently clash with General Hsu on military matters. Hsu's cautious style of planning conflicts with Kimball's own, more aggressive, strategies. Kimball's recent comments on the Brotherhood of Steel have taken their disputes out of the war room and into the public arena. General Hsu has called the President's statements 'unwise' and declared a renewed war with the Brotherhood 'foolhardy' and 'unwinnable'. President Kimball has responded vehemently, all but accusing Hsu of cowardice.

Conspiracy Theories More Popular Than Ever:
Conspiracy theories are experiencing a dramatic upswing in popularity. Circulated in rural taverns and urban social functions alike, the insidious theories posit conspiracies in every facet of life. Theories range from the plausible, the Brotherhood is a covert Enclave front, to the implausible, President Tandi was actually a transvestite lizardperson from Mars. This editor's pick for most absurd comes from an obscure columnist named Alec James. James holds that the Brotherhood of Steel secretly controls all forms of long distance communications. He claims that Brotherhood operatives listen into all radio transmissions using invisible spy beams. Physical mail isn't safe either. The Brotherhood routinely murders couriers and replaces them with sentient holograms. The only solution is, he claims, messenger pigeons. They'll still be killed and replaced with holograms, but birds can't read; your mail is safe.

Effects of Redding Raid Still Felt:
The New California Republic continues to feel the economic effects of an ongoing gold shortage. The shortage was precipitated by a Brotherhood raid on the central gold reserve, and primary gold mine, in Redding. The raiders, unusually numerous for a Brotherhood force, quickly overwhelmed the NCR garrison. The attackers proceeded to collapse the mine's entrance with explosives, trapping several miners inside, and abscond with the entire gold reserve.
The shortage has led to severe inflation and seriously damaged trust in banks. Congress' decision to create a fiat currency is widely considered the immediate cause, but experts consider the gold shortage of greater overall importance. Recently, a new water backed currency emerged from the Hub. The new bottlecap based currency, often referred to as 'caps', is rapidly displacing the NCR dollar in outlying communities.

Van Graff Syndicate in Crisis:
The NCR's ongoing energy shortage has put the squeeze on the infamous Van Graff family. The weapons dealers made their fortune hawking energy weapons and maintain a small army of mercenaries. They flourished despite frequent Brotherhood raids but now face a more mundane danger. Recent energy rationing legislation has created a severe shortage of energy cells. MicroFusion cells are practically unobtainable. Energy weapons, which use the cells as ammunition, have seen a sharp decline in sales. In a further blow, prominent rancher Heck Gunderson has accused the family of illegal energy hoarding.

@Isaacssv558 If we did take the stalemate action and it looked to be going well would that allow those Brotherhood forces still in California to get food? Because I'm pretty sure they would run out otherwise while we waited for that action to finish.

In other news, the Khans are finally on their way out, next turn I'm sending 200 Paladin's worth of troops to their main encampment. Until then, cutting off their retreat and exploring a few low hanging fruit will have to pass the time.
You can take both Khans actions in the same turn. 100 of the Veteran Paladins from Hoover would be enough and I doubt you consider SS HQ a high priority.
@Isaacssv558 If we did take the stalemate action and it looked to be going well would that allow those Brotherhood forces still in California to get food? Because I'm pretty sure they would run out otherwise while we waited for that action to finish.
Limited food resupply will possible while Stalemate is successful. In addition, you will evacuate those in danger of starvation first. Two turns of success would delay starvation for a year.

Conspiracy Theories More Popular Than Ever:
Conspiracy theories are experiencing a dramatic upswing in popularity. Circulated in rural taverns and urban social functions alike, the insidious theories posit conspiracies in every facet of life. Theories range from the plausible, the Brotherhood is a covert Enclave front, to the implausible, President Tandi was actually a transvestite lizardperson from Mars. This editor's pick for most absurd comes from an obscure columnist named Alec James. James holds that the Brotherhood of Steel secretly controls all forms of long distance communications. He claims that Brotherhood operatives listen into all radio transmissions using invisible spy beams. Physical mail isn't safe either. The Brotherhood routinely murders couriers and replaces them with sentient holograms. The only solution is, he claims, messenger pigeons. They'll still be killed and replaced with holograms, but birds can't read; your mail is safe.
This is hilarious a mix of truth and absurdity. But, the man is right birds can't read.

Of course the NCR told them well then we will have to settle for using the scouts and spies to find targets like Graham and then radioing in the location then laser the commanders and their staff before battles start. If we can get the steath suits it makes it much easier, but maybe for now our guys are good enough.

Anyways here is my plan for this turn.

[X] Plan Sword and Caps
Martial:
-[X] Yardwork
--[X] Western Great Khans: 100 Knights, 50 Paladins
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour
--[X] Yangtze Memorial: 10 Knights, 5 Paladins
--[X] Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ: 10 Knights, 5 Paladins
Diplomacy:
-[X] We Come in Peace (still locked)
-[X] Wheels on Wheels
--[X] New Vegas
Stewardship:
-[X] The Mineshaft Gap
--[X] Vault 11 (locked)
-[X] Greasing the Wheels
-[X] Gold Diggers
--[X] Search
-[X] Yes Minister
Learning:
--[X] Pre-War Military
-[X] A challenger has arisen: Part II (locked)
Intrigue:
-[X] Big Brother (locked)
-[X] The Purge

For marital the Great Khans are the last major raider group so let's cut off their escape. The extra knights are to get 200% and wipe out that portion in one month. The sword is the same reason @Fezzes stated last turn, the Sunset plant is if we are going to start trading we will need more caps and that HQ could tell use where to go.

For Diplomacy if we want to get stalemate a better chance we need to provide power to the rest of the Mojave. Let's start with New Vegas. Our actions have already improved stalemate by 5% already we need to double down on this. The other i still locked so just in there to show.

For stewardship we are locked into the Vault and will be done next turn. The trade caravan is another way to integrate us with the locals and make other actions easier, this should also improve the Stalemate action. Gold diggers is because quite frankly we need resources. The Yes Minister is obvious get more actions.

Learning the first one is obvious as well more actions and some toadies. The Pre-War Military is the most applicable at the moment we have a war that could heat up and a war coming against the Legion. Portable Tools are just an all around boost to most of our actions so no real reason not to follow it. Veronica is still locked in so that'a that.

Intrigue we still have to finish Big Brother hopefully with our counter spies done the experience and them keep out other will help finally finish this action. The purge will help keep us safe in the area we are worst in so a no brainier.

Edit: well that was unfortunate I got beat to the punch both plans are more or less the same. A few differences so I will leave mine up for anyone that wants a slightly different move.
The western khans only take one month. The 100 Knights aren't doing anything.

Hence the 'Find Caesar' part.

*snip rumors*
Alec James knows too much. Send the holographic deathclaws. We'll break him at the moon base to find out how he learned of the truth.

[X] Operation Bunker Busting
-[X] Magical Mystery Tour X 3
--[X] Vault 3
---[X] 10 Knights 10 Paladins
--[X] Vault 19
--[X] Vault 22
-[X] Wheels on Wheels
--[X] New Vegas
-[X] Yes Minister
-[X] Sowing Seeds
-[X] Steel Legion
--[X] Mister Handy Variants
---[X] Mr. Ore
--[X] Pre-War Corporation
-[X] The Purge

I dont feel as inclined to push on the khans currently as they are frankly distant to us and not worth the effort when we have so many existing things to worry about, instead I pushed to go all in on going through the three different vaults we know of currently.

Selling power to Vegas for that sweet robco tech and actions like yes minister and little helpers for extra actions.

Meanwhile, I went to Steel Legion, specifically Mr ore so we can get mining going and Sowing Seeds because we are literally out of seeds.

Then went for sifting through pre war corporation and portable machine tools to keep pushing our industrial development.

Purge action is self-explanatory

Edit: something I feel I should add I don't generally add locked actions to my plans since we cant affect that and thus it's not worth overthinking and just adds general unneeded clutter.

Last edited:
So I changed the plan name and added the Northeastern Khans that way we can clear the raiders out of the Mojave. Hopefully that makes the Stalemate action better as well.

Back