Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

Yeah ok Bartimaeus was a bad idea. So I'm gonna mention a Wrinkle in Time again until somebody picks it up or tells me I'm beating a dead horse.

Just...not the 2nd or 7th books.
Honestly, I wanted at least the first one. Considering all the free time they have during that year Taylor could do her own research in between scenes and try to learn any spell she finds useful.

Actually, speaking frankly, she could just re-read the first book over and over and use the inbetween-the-scenes time to learn the spells from every year's curriculum without subjecting herself to the mental trauma that is every other book in the series.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wanted at least the first one. Considering all the free time they have during that year Taylor could do her own research in between scenes and try to learn any spell she finds useful.

Actually, speaking frankly, she could just re-read the first book over and over and use the inbetween-the-scenes time to learn the spells from every year's curriculum without subjecting herself to the mental trauma that is every other book in the series.
She could but that would probably unlock the character form.

Vimes would probably give something like 700/500 San.

"You are not insane, you are simply overly sane. You are able to reason close to truly logically, and are thus happiness is difficult. Alcohol or other drugs are the only known way you can reduce your pessimistic, and correct, mindset. Enjoy the truth! Because it certainly won't set you free."

Sanity sanity... Taylor gets sanity from 'having fun in general'. May I suggest tiny toons? Fun based, NOT nitty gritty, comics for kids? Basically, we want lighthearted, fun stories. Preferably with 'pleasant to be around' people as the insertion point. NOT grief riddled angsty wrecks.

Examples: Tommy & Tiger? As the tiger? Matilda as Matilda?

...or...

Ask dad in very very obvious hyphoteticals what would happen if the ship wrecks in the ship graveyard all got compacted into a couple of big blocks of steel? How best do that in such a way that the docks open again?

...or...

TAKE A BREAK. It's needed. 400 sanity is actually 'being on the brink'. Go too far below that and it becomes a self-strengthening cycle. And whatever we do: BEG dad not to tell anyone how this power works. Anyone wants to mess us up? Simply put a slasher movie, psychological horror or 'everyone dies' movie on a big screen. If he tells anyone how it works, well... Then we are already dead, at least mentally speaking, it's just a question of time.

...Anyone up for being Ivy from Dresden files? After getting super sanity from somewhere obviously but you can't knock the usefulness of everything written ever.
There's also a distinct possibility we'd get her ability in thaumaturgy. That's okay because she's OP as fuck.
... Would we get Ivy's competence in thaumaturgy in only the displayed spells?
We need an conceptual invulnerability power, so that we will be okay even if we lose our Manton limits
>Go to Fate/Stay Night
>Choose Herakles
>Laugh at silly mortals trying to get past your conceptual invulnerability
Taylor could probably take him. It would just be a huge hassle and may or may not end with Earth Bet being swallowed.
Due to experience in fighting literal armies of gods? I'm talking about the life and times of Sun Wukong (I prefer Wukong over Wu Kong).

I must say, this is an intriguing concept. I'm not sure you'll be all that enthusiastic about GMing this for long. Mainly because people know a lot of overwanked characters. Choosing Gilgamesh could net us Sha Naqba Imuru, Gate of Babylon, Charisma (enough to lead all of humanity. Yes, seriously), or Golden Rule. Maybe all of the above. Or maybe the ability to materialize his armor, idk.

... I'm not going to lie, Gilgamesh is wanked as fuck by Nasu.

Well, Gilgamesh is only like that in Nasuverse.

Meanwhile the Ramayana goes anywhere. :p

Odds are Taylor would BREAK long before we get any more cool powers though. She needs some warm and fluffy heartwarming books and nothing else for a while.

@nanayoung I actually had a thought. What is your stance on things that are purely utilitarian. SAO takes place primarilly in a simulation environment and as such it has a gui that can be accessed and in later books it's capable of functioning as an actual computer with internet access and word processor. If we went as a character from there could we get access to the GUI even though it explicitly depends on being "in game" to work?

@nanayoung I actually had a thought. What is your stance on things that are purely utilitarian. SAO takes place primarilly in a simulation environment and as such it has a gui that can be accessed and in later books it's capable of functioning as an actual computer with internet access and word processor. If we went as a character from there could we get access to the GUI even though it explicitly depends on being "in game" to work?
If we wanted a GUI we'd get The Gamer. Which to be fair would be REALLY useful for training up our power control if nothing else.

No. You'd probably get a Tinker power of some sort. Maybe based on programing.

Odds are Taylor would BREAK long before we get any more cool powers though. She needs some warm and fluffy heartwarming books and nothing else for a while.
Or we could attempt social interaction in the real world. Actually it should be a lot easier that way, we manged to get over killing a dude by baking and talking with Danny.

I'd propose thinking about epics or something (people literally have to be stopped by gods. Basically every hero in the Illiad), but their mentality is different from Taylor's. Just look at the Mahabharata:
TV Tropes said:
My Girl Is Not a Slut: Author Avatar Vyasa is sympathetic to women in the epic who have to transgress monogamy or have had children out of wedlock. His mother Satyavati gave birth to him before marriage. Kunti was pregnant before marriage and she was absolved of any wrongdoing by Vyasa. Similarly when Kunti consults the scriptures on whether having three sons with various gods could lead to a bad reputation, he states that as long as the number of gods she summoned were less than four, she would not have a problem with her reputation. Draupadi is insulted by Karna for having five husbands and is condemned in the eyes of the Kaurava audience because of this though she is considered holy by the Brahmins (who refused to work for a day because of the insult to her honor) and worshiped as part of the five "virgins". According to the philosophy advocated in the Mahabharata, virginity is a state of mind.

Do we explicitly have to live through the entire story or can we only go through, say, a single arc? I'm asking due to the unfinished nature of a lot of stuff.

Edit: I'm asking this and maybe about becoming Hephaestus while he's making Achilles' shield. Last an entire chapter, it did.

Last edited:
Asking due to webcomics and such. To my knowledge, Black Haze isn't done yet. What would halpen if Taylor went there?

I think it depends on what we access, if we only have one volume we do one volume but if we have the entire thing we do it all.

What he/she said.

Asking due to webcomics and such. To my knowledge, Black Haze isn't done yet. What would halpen if Taylor went there?

With webcomics, she would have to go through the entire comic up until the point where it ends. Whether or not it's complete doesn't matter.

Re:Monster EX quest might be a general plus got sanity considering the amount of concentrated WAFF it has. Also immunity to fire and the immense strength of Lyra would be all kinds of useful. And that isn't even considering the potential money we could with her smithy and silk weaving skills.

Back