Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

Some clarification on Taylor's power:

Taylor does not get new shards every time she gets a power. She only has and only will have one shard: Queen Administrator. All the powers she gets are completely shardless. They're more of the effect of a power, than powers themselves. For instance, if Lung's power was taken away after he just got done burning down a building, that doesn't mean that the fire consuming the building would disappear. If for some reason QA is taken away or Taylor comes in contact with a power surpassing Trump, it will not affect the powers she has gained.

It will, however, affect their Manton Limits.

The Manton Limits are there to keep the host safe. Whenever Taylor gains a power from a fictional work, QA makes sure to apply Manton Limits to any power she gets so that way she won't accidentally kill herself. If Taylor does come in contact with a power surpassing Trump, then the Trump would suppress the Manton Limits themselves instead of the powers Taylor gains.

Which would be really bad, depending on what power Taylor has at the time.
What is a power surpassing Trump? I'd assume it's a typo and you meant suppressing, but you wrote it twice.

Taylor does not get new shards every time she gets a power. She only has and only will have one shard: Queen Administrator. All the powers she gets are completely shardless. They're more of the effect of a power, than powers themselves. For instance, if Lung's power was taken away after he just got done burning down a building, that doesn't mean that the fire consuming the building would disappear. If for some reason QA is taken away or Taylor comes in contact with a power surpassing Trump, it will not affect the powers she has gained.

The Manton Limits are there to keep the host safe. Whenever Taylor gains a power from a fictional work, QA makes sure to apply Manton Limits to any power she gets so that way she won't accidentally kill herself. If Taylor does come in contact with a power surpassing Trump, then the Trump would suppress the Manton Limits themselves instead of the powers Taylor gains.

Couldn't QA edit the "effects of the power" to be incapable of going past the manton limits?

Taylor does not get new shards every time she gets a power. She only has and only will have one shard: Queen Administrator. All the powers she gets are completely shardless. They're more of the effect of a power, than powers themselves. For instance, if Lung's power was taken away after he just got done burning down a building, that doesn't mean that the fire consuming the building would disappear. If for some reason QA is taken away or Taylor comes in contact with a power surpressing Trump, it will not affect the powers she has gained.

The Manton Limits are there to keep the host safe. Whenever Taylor gains a power from a fictional work, QA makes sure to apply Manton Limits to any power she gets so that way she won't accidentally kill herself. If Taylor does come in contact with a power surpressing Trump, then the Trump would suppress the Manton Limits themselves instead of the powers Taylor gains.

Hatchet face killed in many ways for the stupid stand in front of her plan

I think he's saying that hatchet face would kills us just by being near with the wrong power on; if his power interacts with our fiction gained powers.

Well, i still want power nullifier or at least one that works on masters, and thinkers/clairvoyants.

Last edited:
We need an conceptual invulnerability power, so that we will be okay even if we lose our Manton limits

I have a question about the power mechanism.

Let's say Taylor reads a volume of a certain manga.

She'd only get the abilities of the character showed in that volume, right?

So, if she reads another volume further ahead, when the character has different skills and equipment.
Would the new equipment overrride the old one or would she get access to both?
And would the new skill be activated with the same switch or would a new one be created?
And what if the character goes through a massive change, like they change color or lose an arm, would the previous state of the character be lost?

I have a question about the power mechanism.

Let's say Taylor reads a volume of a certain manga.

She'd only get the abilities of the character showed in that volume, right?

So, if she reads another volume further ahead, when the character has different skills and equipment.
Would the new equipment overrride the old one or would she get access to both?
And would the new skill be activated with the same switch or would a new one be created?
And what if the character goes through a massive change, like they change color or lose an arm, would the previous state of the character be lost?

In the case of old and new equipment, the newer equipment will override the older one. The new skill you obtain will get its own separate switch.

And as for a character going through a massive change, that entirely depends on whether or not you obtained a character form. If you've possessed a single character long enough, obtained a character form, and that character form went through a massive change down the line, then yes the previous state of the character would be lost.

Man. All my favorite characters to rip powers from have san damage out the wazoo. Dominic Deegan, Edward Elric and Nick Campbell all have really good general use powers but dominic fights demons and eldritch abominations, Edward basically does the same while also self mutilating and Nick is a fucking mobster who murders people and is convinced he's responsible for the deaths of both his parents.

@nanayoung So, is quantum break available for purchase in earth bet?
Some time fuckery would be pretty cool, it is powerful, but less because of the brute force and more in the Application

What if we play as Ramuthra or Nauda from the Bartimaeus books?
Because the second is a psychopath and the first will drive us insane by the truckload?
I mean - I like the series too, but spending time in The Other Place is a bad idea.
Might be able to go for the Mercenary, on the other hand...

Well iama vote to get Quantum Break next chance we have, I mean the game DOESN'T cause -20000000000000 to San
Edit: Actually lets play Main characters of Lovecraft, That can't go horrible right?
infact @nanayoung If we did enter a lovecraft novel... How fucked would we be?

Last edited:
What does it do? Can't say I'm familiar with it.
Google it, the game literally came out like a week ago.
w/e, basically its super awesome versatile time powers (also side affect of making you immune to time affects like time stopping and reversal, so Grey Boy can't do shit to us and we could prob save his victims)

You'd lose some sanity points... and catch their attention. They may or may not want to visit your universe.

So pretty fucked, all things considered. Scion would be the least of your problems.
Baaaah, Taylor can take a, uh yea no nvm... maybe? could she take Yog-Sothtoth?
Can't really see how she can take on a legit god but if theres a will theres a way!

Baaaah, Taylor can take a, uh yea no nvm... maybe? could she take Yog-Sothtoth?
Can't really see how she can take on a legit god but if theres a will theres a way!

Taylor could probably take him. It would just be a huge hassle and may or may not end with Earth Bet being swallowed.

Taylor could probably take him. It would just be a huge hassle and may or may not end with Earth Bet being swallowed.
XD, i'd imagine she'd go insane before defeating him though, and then proceed to kill him before getting killed *prob by bullet surgery*
Hmmm Also, What would happen if she played final fantasy as any of the Summoners? Eden's fucking OP

Back