Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

The thing is, and i'm probably not the only one that noticed this, but Danny being harmed or killed is a massive sanity risk for Taylor. Safeguarding him is a ounce a prevention to a clusterfuck of a massacre.
True but ripping reality a new one with dimensional portals is probably a bad idea. We could just stick one of I Just Write's healing runic matrixes on him and some warding ones around the house and his workplace.

We're going to need a interdimensional portal eventually anyway, if you want to deal with Cauldron and the Entities in anything approaching a uneven footing. This is just a suggested power submission to add to the pile. Although i know exactly 0 about type-moon or wherever that power comes from so the character might not be suitable.

Mordenkainen's Magnificent mansion sounds good though, it should be hard to break in and has catering.

Last edited:
We're going to need a interdimensional portal eventually anyway, if you want to deal with Cauldron and the Entities in anything approaching a uneven footing. This is just a suggested power submission to add to the pile. Although i know exactly 0 about type-moon or wherever that power comes from so the character might not be suitable.

Magnificent mansion sounds good though, it should be hard to break in and has catering.
Yeah but it's not as overall useful or impenetrable as Genesis and clerics get other good spells for staying alive. Like Cures and Heals and the two complementary Consecrates.

Well, i can suggest that in the near term future if we can't give our precog protection to danny directly (which we might if we search hard enough for the right book(s)) we should be ready and able to protect him instantly and give him some lasting power and a way of contact.

Because, let's face it, Danny exists, even in canon, to make Taylor's life and character fettered and to die at the right point of the story. And in universe he refuses to have even a mobile phone.

Well, i can suggest that in the near term future if we can't give our precog protection to danny directly (which we might if we search hard enough for the right book(s)) we should be ready and able to protect him instantly and give him some lasting power and a way of contact.

Because, let's face it, Danny exists, even in canon, to make Taylor's life and character fettered and to die at the right point of the story. And in universe he refuses to have even a mobile phone.
Loading him up with tinkertech and runic artifacts would help with that. And there are probably characters out there that grant badass powers.

Speaking of precog. Dune has biological mutation that Leto II (the most powerful precog in that universe) purposefully engineered to be invisible to precognition (part and parcel of his plan to prevent anyone in the future emulating him and destroying the human race).
It should be 'easy' to acquire this because after a certain point in the books, basically everyone has this (or you can go for the original, which was Siona in God Emperor of Dune). It should be pretty effective (although it works better in herds of course, so there could be a comic book or novel that i haven't read/forgot that would be better). Any suggestion besides Zero (which i'd still vote for if he's not obviously insane/tortured since he seems to have only one power).

I'd generally prefer books over comics myself, because comics run forever in place and if it goes wrong she might be there for relative decades and not get the right power from dozens of power retcons that characters in comics go over time.
Hmmm then again Siona was 20 years when the book ended, i guess the great risk is not getting the right power.

Last edited:
Speaking of precog. Dune has biological mutation that Leto II (the most powerful precog in that universe) purposefully engineered to be invisible to precognition (part and parcel of his plan to prevent anyone in the future emulating him and destroying the human race).
It should be 'easy' to acquire this because after a certain point in the books, basically everyone has this (or you can go for the original, which was Siona in God Emperor of Dune). It should be pretty effective (although it works better in herds of course, so there could be a comic book or novel that i haven't read/forgot that would be better). Any suggestion besides Zero (which i'd still vote for if he's not obviously insane/tortured since he seems to have only one power).

I'd generally prefer books over comics myself, because comics run forever in place and if it goes wrong she might be there for relative decades and not get the right power from dozens of power retcons that characters in comics go over time.
Zero's actually pretty chill. He's a principle in a superhero school and one of the most powerful adult heroes in the story. The only issue I can think of is that one of his teammates killed another one and went rogue but that may or may not have been a misunderstanding. And I take it back. Artificer is way better than cleric. Especially with Weird Science.
EDIT: @nanayoung: If we read a nameswaped version of Taylor Hebert and Her Rather Sad Life [Worm/The Gamer/D&D3.5] would we get the general D&D powerset or the specific character build she got?
EDIT2: I don't plan to munchkin nearly as much as they do, just do a basic artificer build. Might get rid of the tail with it though.

Last edited:
You're all terrible people obsessed with power. If you want +san just do what i said and let her read Siddhartha or another book about a 'normal' person that doesn't have a awful life and attains great serenity, or as suggested make things better for Danny.

I'm one of you, but i really really think a antiprecog power is needed right about now (and moving dad and our base of operations to a alternate earth if possible haha).

The suggestion of the Mask is one of the ... most ill advised... things in a while. The Mask is literally a eldritch abomination that takes over and exaggerates the original personality like a caricature and you want to have it as a item or permanently bonded to Taylor? A item that in previous owners was described as being murder-hobo number one in the face of Taylor Hebert? I don't even
So a story about Buddha would be good?

Siddhartha is buddha. Or 'a' buddha. Specifically it's a non-evangelical well written novelization of his life until enlightenment but without any proselytization after (if any, i'm not a buddhist or do i care about religion).
The thing is, the Monkey King is also a mythic figure in ancient china legends. If one power novelization (super strength, interaction with gods, hell, being a demigod himself) is good enough, why can't be a perfectly normal enlightenment and serenity? It's not like Buddhism even makes any claim about buddha being a god.

edit: actually now that i read the link, it's even more subtle because the book makes no claim about the dude being the actual buddha or not. It's a bit cheeky that it's even obfuscating by slightly changing the name.

Last edited:
Ahah go for the time stop right away. I like you man. Although unrestricted timestop would be better (homura for example although you probably don't want to be a lich and have a grief seed).

Last edited:
[X] "Do you remember when you used to read Journey to the West to me?"

nominate Iron Man and pirates of the Caribbean because we already got one part of johnny depp already we should complete the set.

EDIT: @nanayoung: If we read a nameswaped version of Taylor Hebert and Her Rather Sad Life [Worm/The Gamer/D&D3.5] would we get the general D&D powerset or the specific character build she got?

Nothing dealing with Worm guys, no matter if you nameswap it or not.

@nanayoung Would Life is Strange be allowed? Its powers are strong, but again its application is powerful rather than its strength

Yes, it's totally allowed.

@nanayoung Would Life is Strange be allowed? Its powers are strong, but again its application is powerful rather than its strength
The only issue I can think of is the fuckin butterfly effect. Might try homestuck for time powers though. If you can find a fanfiction with a well fleshed out thief or rogue of time that'd be awesome. Time stops, speed boosts, rapid aging, fixing things. It's all there. Although now that I think about it pretty much any time effect we want could be achieved through I Just Write's story.
EDIT:
Nothing dealing with Worm guys, no matter if you nameswap it or not.
Damnit. That's the only story with the proper D&D powers I can think of.

Last edited:
The only issue I can think of is the fuckin butterfly effect. Might try homestuck for time powers though. If you can find a fanfiction with a well fleshed out thief or rogue of time that'd be awesome. Time stops, speed boosts, rapid aging, fixing things. It's all there. Although now that I think about it pretty much any time effect we want could be achieved through I Just Write's story.
Well, besides the fact that we can stop Annette from dying (which is a plus in my book) and still maintain Taylor's character and backstory (because Taylor still remembers it) the butterfly effect is quite bad
EDIT: @nanayoung Could we watch The Butterfly Effect? (which is mental trauma galore cause damn) idrc for anything in it I just like the food for thought

Last edited:
There are some interesting timeloop powers in literature although usually they're done as 'now you're immortal, with some issues' (think groundhog day) kind of setup instead of being voluntary. And i doubt the QM would allow that anyway.

I don't remember how Life is Strange worked. Was she able to go back in time voluntarily and not involuntary and for more than a single day (although that is plenty time for our purposes really)?

Last edited:
Well, besides the fact that we can stop Annette from dying (which is a plus in my book) and still maintain Taylor's character and backstory (because Taylor still remembers it) the butterfly effect is quite bad
Well stopping Annette from dieing might be tricky but I can think of a few pretty easy ways of ressing her. The most obvious would be IJW's OP runes but that'll probably take a lot of power. A decently high level Wonderous Object or Scroll could cast Ress and that's only at second level if we spec out our craft skill enough.

Although i'm being pretty dumb. Even if a timeloop power activates involuntarily, we can just turn the switch off (if logic prevails) and prevent that, maybe resetting the power next time we switch it on? Assumptions make a ass out of u and me though. We can get unlimited resets if we find a power that resets on death and flick the switch in the morning if it works like this i guess (similar to Coil).

Last edited:
Well stopping Annette from dieing might be tricky but I can think of a few pretty easy ways of ressing her. The most obvious would be IJW's OP runes but that'll probably take a lot of power. A decently high level Wonderous Object or Scroll could cast Ress and that's only at second level if we spec out our craft skill enough.
wait what if we watched alladin and was genie?....nvm enclosed spaces, wait the lamp inside is big.

Yeah i'm a bit taken with the idea of a timeloop power similar to Coil, that no-sells death and resets us to earlier in the timeline (so it's even better, because with Coil's power time moved on both timelines). As long as we can choose our 'reset' time.

Although a way to activate it besides death is advisable to not make Taylor even more crazy than she already is, if every time she wants to change things she has to suicide.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm a bit taken with the idea of a timeloop power similar to Coil, that no-sells death and resets us to earlier in the timeline (so it's even better, because with Coil's power time moved on both timelines). As long as we can choose our 'reset' time.

Although a way to activate it besides death is advisable to not make Taylor even more crazy than she already is, if every time she wants to change things she has to suicide.
She doesn't need a time loop power, that's stupid if we get life is strange powers than time looping is meh except to avoid death and then a lot of powers renders us practically unkillable except by endbringers and scion

Back