Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

[X] "Do you remember when you used to read "Journey to the West" to me? Turns out Sun Wukong does not get Superman motor control."

[X] Try to move it.

Guys you know what we must do.

I have a counter offer: Wolf and Spice
It is about a merchant and a mystical wolf and is overall really fluffy. Fluffy tail included.
Holo has similaritys (lonely) to Taylor and in the novels a (boy-)friend that really tries to help her. The action is near non-existant as the plot does not go into sword and magic but fantasy economics.

Last edited:
[X] "Do you remember when you used to read "Journey to the West" to me? Turns out Sun Wukong does not get Superman motor control."

I have a counter offer: Wolf and Spice
It is about a merchant and a mystical wolf and is overall really fluffy. Fluffy tail included.
Holo has similaritys (lonely) to Taylor and in the novels a (boy-)friend that really tries to help her. The action is near non-existant as the plot does not go into sword and magic but fantasy economics.
Although Holo does turn into her wolf form in the first book...
It's also Spice and Wolf, not Wolf and Spice.

I nominate Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0). Mainly due to reality altering programming.

The downside is that you don't know what the numbers even mean. Still, it would eliminate all financial trouble.

Although Holo does turn into her wolf form in the first book...
It's also Spice and Wolf, not Wolf and Spice.

I nominate Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0). Mainly due to reality altering programming.

The downside is that you don't know what the numbers even mean. Still, it would eliminate all financial trouble.
Except we can and probably will get caught from that and I'm unsure how that program will react with capeland. Do you really want to bring into existence a reality altering computer program ripe for any programing tinker to steal? Or Dragon? Otherwise I would have suggested it myself. If only for the immortality program.

Except we can and probably will get caught from that and I'm unsure how that program will react with capeland. Do you really want to bring into existence a reality altering computer program ripe for any programing tinker to steal? Or Dragon? Otherwise I would have suggested it myself. If only for the immortality program.
Dragon is not an omniscient AI; she'd have to somehow get ahold of that information.

If you're unable to hide a reality altering program, you're doing something wrong. Even then, we'd get it from entering a book. A book which isn't connected to the Internet. You know, like all regular books. We can use it from our phone, no Internet access required.

It's the whole shtick of it; once you download it, you can do whatever you want with it. You're still more likely to kill yourself than turn your body indestructible (they talked about how dangerous it was in the book).

Edit:
That is sadly puplished after 2011.

Or can that be ignored?
Current date is February 26, 2016.

... If I'm remembering things right.

Last edited:
Dragon is not an omniscient AI; she'd have to somehow get ahold of that information.

If you're unable to hide a reality altering program, you're doing something wrong. Even then, we'd get it from entering a book. A book which isn't connected to the Internet. You know, like all regular books. We can use it from our phone, no Internet access required.

It's the whole shtick of it; once you download it, you can do whatever you want with it. You're still more likely to kill yourself than turn your body indestructible (they talked about how dangerous it was in the book).
Well for one thing that program is fucking everywhere. Just shows up in places that Dragon might be likely to check especially since they're bigger than the servers themselves. And as for getting caught pretty much all the wizards in the book got caught for fraud by fucking with their bank accounts. She could probably use the hat trick to make gold if she saves up enough money to buy a little bit though ($46.56 per gram). And also you can't download it. Everyone just had apps and shit that accessed it remotely. It's still there waiting for someone to find it. As for being more likely to kill yourself Dragon's a genius and there are probably plenty of Code spec'd tinkers who could figure it out. I mean at least 100 normal hackers survived after finding it.

[X] "Do you remember when you used to read "Journey to the West" to me?"

get a antiprecog (or better, anti thinker) power yesterday people. I think ubik has antiprecog, and dune too (dune also has a awesome precog power that has a non-obvious disadvantage of closing off possibilities due to literal analysis paralysis and short term paths firming nonoptimal solutions). Finding a anti thinker power is a bit less obvious.
If you want to be incredibly cheesy a Exaltation should work as a antiprecog too ( but limit ).

Last edited:

get a antiprecog (or better, anti thinker) power yesterday people. I think ubik has antiprecog, and dune too (dune also has a awesome precog power that has a non-obvious disadvantage of closing off possibilities due to literal analysis paralysis). Finding a anti thinker power is a bit less obvious.
If you want to be incredibly cheesy a Exaltation should work as a antiprecog too ( but limit ).
Oh man! Zero! Also from super powereds has the ability to nullify any superpowers within a certain radius of himself and is always immune to them even if he tones it down to minimum.

Well, obviously we don't want to be immune to our own superpowers, that's just annoying.

Also fucking Masters are also another thing we need to guard against.

Last edited:
Well, obviously we don't want to be immune to our own superpowers, that's just annoying.

Also fucking Masters are also another thing we need to guard against.
Well we can turn it off if we want and it probably won't affect us. Just other Capes. And his power is specifically stated to work against masters. On a side note Chad's power also makes us immune.

If we went the Dune precog route the DM would probably neutralize it effectively by making it a Duel between we and the Smurf, where both sides are equally frustrated and the future becomes chaotic as we fuck with eachother, which is still better for Earth Bet than just protecting ourselves at the cost of Simurgh mindgames. And we'd still be at a disadvantage, not having large range TK and postcognition.

Even if we decide to interfere with the Smurf plots like this i still want a anti thinker/TK/precog power to ourselves to not get poped like a zit from orbit. The Simurgh has all the social skill of a potato so i doubt that postcog will be very important, but it would be best that was covered too (but i suppose that most anti-precog powers would also be anti-postcog after gaining the ability and never turning it off).

So if you vote for that Zero guy and then Chad and their backstory is not too fucked up i'd probably vote for them (if only not to have the monkey king power completely fucking useless). Then some sort of extreme multitasking power, like canon skitter (but, err better) and then precog. The Simurgh will never do anything dangerous ever again (even if we can't kill her).

Maybe dune precog is not a good idea, since it depends on Melange which incidentally doesn't exist here (unless you choose leto, and then you're a giant worm).

Last edited:
If we went the Dune precog route the DM would probably neutralize it effectively by making it a Duel between we and the Smurf, where both sides are equally frustrated and the future becomes chaotic as we fuck with eachother, which is still better for Earth Bet than just protecting ourselves at the cost of Simurgh mindgames. And we'd still be at a disadvantage, not having large range TK and postcognition.

Even if we decide to interfere with the Smurf plots like this i still want a anti thinker/TK/precog power to ourselves to not get poped like a zit from orbit. The Simurgh has all the social skill of a potato so i doubt that postcog will be very important, but it would be best that was covered too (but i suppose that most anti-precog powers would also be anti-postcog after gaining the ability and never turning it off).

So if you vote for that Zero guy and then Chad and their backstory is not too fucked up i'd probably vote for them (if only not to have the monkey king power completely fucking useless). Then some sort of extreme multitasking power, like canon skitter (but, err better) and then precog. The Simurgh will never do anything dangerous ever again (even if we can't kill her).

Maybe dune precog is not a good idea, since it depends on Melange which incidentally doesn't exist here (unless you choose leto, and then you're a giant worm).
Hm... Well Dune precog sounds kind of annoying but I'm willing to go for it. I'd go for dominic deegan but that shit's nightmare fuel. As a side note the reason Chad is immune to most masters and other telepathic powers is because he optimised his brain to the point of running off Linux instead of Windows. (Not to say linux is better than windows just that they are different and largely incompatible)

I'm tending to think a cleansed solar exaltation would be a good yet cheesy idea. It provides mental protections, the possibility to grow infinitely and perform superhuman feats in more than combat and inbuilt antiprecog and defense bypassing charms. If we take care to find in canon a cleansed exaltation, it might be worth it (although with our luck probably only ex-green sun princes are clean).

Hm... Well Dune precog sounds kind of annoying but I'm willing to go for it.
Well, i reconsidered because dune precog depends on the spice melange which doesn't exist here (unless you choose leto II, and then you're transforming into a giant worm over tens of thousands of years. Nope). The antiprecog power is purely genetic though.

Last edited:
Chad is immune to most masters and other telepathic powers is because he optimised his brain to the point of running off Linux instead of Windows. (Not to say linux is better than windows just that they are different and largely incompatible)
Wouldn't work on terror Drone 7 (Simurgh). They're used to different biology. And i think the shards would have minimal trouble too.

Last edited:
Well, i reconsidered because dune precog depends on the spice melange which doesn't exist here (unless you choose leto II, and then you're transforming into a giant worm over tens of thousands of years. Nope). The antiprecog power is purely genetic though.
If we have Zero to prevent a game of Scry vs Scry I'd suggest Garnet for Precog. Decently high accuracy and basically a better version of Coil's power as well as more reasonable Super Strength and summonable weapons.
EDIT: Honestly I'm hoping for someone to figure out how to survive DD with minimal SAN damage. When it comes to Pre, post and even present cognition Dominic is simply the best there is.

Last edited:
Problem is the Simurgh is a very very good precog, added to a incredible multitasking capacity. Decades into the future and past even.

Naturally this makes no fucking sense for all those fics that kill her, or even limit her options, which is probably why wildbow had her stay alive at the end of worm after betraying Scion. The only 'in setting' way i can even think to deal with her is to get a anti-precog power (that also works as anti-postcog) and wait the requisite decades before you start moving against her, otherwise you'd already be dead from her finding her future death, scanning the near past/future to find the human that disappeared and nuking from orbit, and even still she'd be warned of the major possibility of impending death and avoiding it.

Scry vs Scry is not to kill her, just make her plots ineffective.

Another way to kill her is i guess a way to make improbable or impossible events certain. Ie: exaltations or extreme luck powers, something that destroys prophecy altogether. It'd still be useful to have clairvoyance to find where to be ofc.

Last edited:
Problem is the Simurgh is a very very good precog, added to a incredible multitasking capacity. Decades into the future and past even.

Naturally this makes no fucking sense for all those fics that kill her, or even limit her options, which is probably why wildbow had her stay alive at the end of worm after betraying Scion. The only way i can even think to deal with her is to get a anti-precog power (that also works as anti-postcog) and wait the requisite decades before you start moving against her, otherwise you'd already be dead from her finding her future death, scanning the near past/future to find the human that disappeared and nuking from orbit, and even still she'd be warned of the major possibility of impending death and avoiding it.

Scry vs Scry is not to kill her, just make her plots ineffective.

Another to kill her is i guess a way to make improbable or impossible events certain. Ie: exaltations or extreme luck powers i guess, something that destroys prophecy altogether.
Seems fair. And by your own reasoning she can be reasoned with which we might be able to see with our own precog powers. And as I said Nick has crazy strong luck powers but is also part of the mafia and kills people. So probably not him.
EDIT: Ooh! Andrew Smith of Gunnerkrigg Court has the power to make any task as simple as possible and extreme luck. It's passive but he can shuffle a deck of cards, throw them over his shoulder and have them all land in a perfect pile in the out of package order they were in.

Last edited:
Extreme luck (or as that character is described 'bringing order into chaos') is not as good as shattering prophecy i think. Mostly because there is no guarantee that that is invisible to worm style predetermined precog while a power that turns the impossible certain by definition is. It's pretty annoying but the only character powers i can remember described like that are from pen&paper and come with massive disadvantages and insanity (it's a game after all).
Example:
Exaltation excellencies
some pantheons of Scion (Deva mostly)

Last edited:
Extreme luck (or as that character is described 'bringing order into chaos') is not as good as shattering prophecy i think. Mostly because there is no guarantee that that is invisible to worm style predetermined precog while a power that turns the impossible certain by definition is.
True but that was the best luckish power I've found on short notice. Dominic Deegan is basically the best at this because he can see hypothetical futures and real pasts with near perfect clarity. He can see what would happen if he did nothing and he can see what would happen if he did something. And he can change that future. So we'd be able to choose a route that wouldn't end with getting nuked in the face. Unfortunately shit like The Beast means that until she gets desensitised to that kind of thing means it would be a Bad idea to do that. Nothing specific to her phobias but tons of eldritch horror.

I had a really stupid thought: read the old testament genesis and become god. I wonder how hard the QM would slap that down. Probably we'd 'gain' the power to create earth at the rate of 10 grams/hour.

Last edited:
Back