Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

I'm just going to say two things.

When I first suggested Sun Wukong as a character I thought that all of the Taoist and Buddhist teachings would counter act the being trapped in the furnace thing.

I'm going to echo the sentiment that we have enough power for the moment, it is time to do some normal things and work off our problems.

That being said this seams like a good option.

[X] Don't cover up anything. Come clean with your dad.
-[X] But just about what happened here. Not the dude you killed.

Last edited:

REALLY? REALLY?

You tossed the fucking Nyoibo out of the window? Good fucking luck finding it later on the ground.

When I first suggested Sun Wukong as a character I thought that all of the Taoist and Buddhist teachings would counter act the being trapped in the furnace thing.

When I originally wrote this, Taylor was supposed to lose 200 sanity and possibly go into a meltdown. The Taoist and Buddhist thing DID help her, but it was somewhat negated by her not paying all that much attention after the furnace and the whole event being so close to her trigger event.

The whole thing -- being stuck in an enclosed space, screaming for help while no one gave a damn, all the while being burnt alive over and over -- kinda struck home for her.

Bare in mind though, her phobia of fire is a temporary trait and you can easily regain sanity just by having fun and hanging out with Danny. So its not completely hopeless.

She could just put it behind her ear like Sun did most of the time when not swinging that around. Also, isn't she already on her room? If the thing were to break down through the floor it would have made very obvious groaning sounds as she just stood there.

When I originally wrote this, Taylor was supposed to lose 200 sanity and possibly go into a meltdown. The Taoist and Buddhist thing DID help her, but it was somewhat negated by her not paying all that much attention after the furnace and the whole event being so close to her trigger event.

The whole thing -- being stuck in an enclosed space, screaming for help while no one gave a damn, all the while being burnt alive over and over -- kinda struck home for her.

Bare in mind though, her phobia of fire is a temporary trait and you can easily regain sanity just by having fun and hanging out with Danny. So its not completely hopeless.

Alright entirely understandable thanks for revealing your thought process.

She could just put it behind her ear like Sun did most of the time when not swinging that around. Also, isn't she already on her room? If the thing were to break down through the floor it would have made very obvious groaning sounds as she just stood there.
You probably would have stared at your accident forever if you didn't realize a loud groining noise was starting to come from below you. You look down at your feet and find the floor of your room straining under your weight. It looks like it might collapse underneath you at any second.
Putting it behind our ear would not get rid of the weight. Plus, it weighs 8 tons, no matter what. We can't lift that without our Strength, and our Strength would cause us to break everything around us.

Last edited:
-[X] Also walk and talk, you need to keep track of Ryu Jingu Bang. It's dangerous enough that we really don't want to lose it.

Yup. We've got enough fires on right now, let's not make hiding stupid shit from Dad one of them.

In terms of the tail, we could probably disguise it as a fuzzy belt when we inevitably run into someone we want to hide it from.

Also the QM literally said that we had 30 seconds to get our staff out of the room or it was going to collapse. Out the window was the best possible plan within those time constraints. When we have time, we'll go out to the Boat Graveyard (or possibly further, the PRT would probably notice a rampaging Monkey King inside city limits) and goof around with it until we figure out its various tricks.

I'm fairy sure it doesn't work that way. You have actually hold the staff in order to shrink or extend it.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure myself. It is sometimes described at being compliant to its master's wishes and that Wukong was fated to be its master. Also I can't remember exactly if he was holding it every time it changed size.

In terms of the tail, we could probably disguise it as a fuzzy belt when we inevitably run into someone we want to hide it from.
Until we can remove it.
Panacea could remove it easily i think, the problem being that it's not publicaly known that she's a biokinetic so Taylor would have no reason to think she can help her.

...I wonder if we can become zeltech?
Use the Kaleidascope to turn this into a crossover quest once we handle things here in bet.
And in the meantime it lets us teleport wherever we want.

Until we can remove it.
Panacea could remove it easily i think, the problem being that it's not publicaly known that she's a biokinetic so Taylor would have no reason to think she can help her.
...why would you remove a tertiary rough manipulator? Like, if there's no blatant downside to it (i.e. rampaging monkey beast under full moon), a prehensile tail is literally a straight upgrade from human standard.

-[X] Also walk and talk, you need to keep track of Ryu Jingu Bang. It's dangerous enough that we really don't want to lose it.

Back