Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

Well, at least we found out we can get permanent physical changes to ourselves from the books with something we can hide relatively easily. I mean, we could have read a book that gave use multiple arms or something instead of just a tail. Also, we're going to have to be aware of stuff in the book that might cause her sanity loss.

Does anyone know books that will help our sanity, and maybe get rid of some of our phobias? Basically anti-Lovecraft.

High level shapeshifting wouldn't hurt either.

[X] go downstairs to dad

Last edited:
[X] Turn off your fucking power already.

The rush is to not accidentally something important.
[X] Enlarge you staff so that it is no longer dense enought to destroy the ground then gently put it down.

People let us not be a bunch of idiots and forget the 8 ton staff we are currently holding.
We turn of the powers and we will end up smashing trought the ground whitout the endurance.
Power attached equipment.

Also for the staff to reach normal iron density it'd be longer than any one of the house's dimensions.

Can't we just do the same as the original one do?

Make it small enough you can put it in the rear?

... Does no one read the comments between chapters? Turning off the powers will not get rid of the staff. Nor will it prevent the staff from bursting through the floor of her room. So that vote, as far as I can tell, will still leave Taylor with a tail (no help for that just yet) with an 8 ton staff in her room about to smash through the floor (and possibly into the basement as well because momentum+(that)weight=absolutebitch) with all the problems those circumstances will cause. No real ideas for a vote, but fucking hell, DONT TURN OFF THE POWER!!! Pretty sure we're still holding that ultra heavy stick and nothing we can currently do will get rid of it. But I'm willing to admit I could easily be wrong, and overthinking or overlooking something others have seen in the process.

Does anyone know books that will help our sanity, and maybe get rid of some of our phobias? Basically anti-Lovecraft.
Does The Gamer counts ? the power comes from the factory with build in sanity proffing.
Given that Danny knows of our power, why the rush to hide?
Reread the description for the strenght of the monkey king, it currently comes with cardboard world syndrome.
Also for the staff to reach normal iron density it'd be longer than any one of the house's dimensions.
I am counting on the staff not being limited to changing shape leghtwise.
Can't we just do the same as the original one do?

Make it small enough you can put it in the rear?
the staff ALWAYS weights 8 tons and we currently don't have the control to keep the super-strenght tunning so that would end badly.

Well i have a plan. It's a bad plan I think, but better than the other:

[X] shrink the staff the most you can into a needle shape. Drop the staff into the earth outside your window vertically. It will probably bury itself. Turn off your power, run down and check the staff. If it's there and not buried and you can see obvious damage on the ground, hide it better, say in the basement at toothpick size or something, if buried, pat down the earth.
If it makes a sound like a gun on hitting the earth. Well? Maybe some parahuman was doing something outside your window? Maybe like that rune girl and that nazi air dude that throws air blades. Yes you heard something like a gunshot and you dropped your lamp you were using, no it was confusing and you didn't see exactly what happened.
If not, everything except the gun.

And pray to god that Armsmaster lie detector is not very good or doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:
Are there any books with a focus on having really good vision?
Taylor might not need glasses if she found something like that

I already suggested Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
Yeah, but I doubt she'd want to go through what she'd need to to reach the end.
Does The Gamer counts ? the power comes from the factory with build in sanity proffing.
It might, but don't think we can get access to it. Also, it'll probably help 'keep' sanity, not get it back so much.

Are there any books with a focus on having really good vision?
Taylor might not need glasses if she found something like that
Superman. Angel from the X-Men has super-sharp eyesight.

I'm going to update in the next few hours. If you need to vote, do it now.

She's still at 400. Being happy doesn't help her if the Simurgh mindfucks her hard does it. And i still suggest Siddhartha. The dude was depressed for a long while but he was depressed because his life was too easy/decadent which is almost the furthest away you can get from Taylor's triggers. It's also a really spiritual book and will probably keep her contemplative at the end and not suicidal.

Last edited:
No. Just goddamn stop.
I'd suggest a good mental protection power and get a good stranger power and get a good thinker power in that order.
Well the Gamer has pretty much the best mental protection out there but it might reformat our powers and while I do like Gamer Quests turning this into one would be kind of cruel.

Has it occurred to anyone to...I dunno...not read a story in an attempt to fix our sanity? Spend time with your dad? Cook dinner, work on a costume? Buy a computer, browse PHO? Go to the Boat Graveyard or outside of town and get a solid handle on all of the powers we already have?

Just...maybe we should slow down on the powers a bit. Our threat level just jumped up and bit us in the ass pretty hard. Ryu Jingu Bang is already a nasty upgrade, even without getting Wukong's hilarious physical abilities.

In other news. Let's get chewed out by Dad for admittedly reckless power abuse and not break things.

[X] Shrink the staff the most you can into a needle shape. Drop the staff into the earth outside your window vertically. It will probably bury itself. Turn off your power, run down and check the staff. If it's there and not buried and you can see obvious damage on the ground, hide it better, say in the basement at toothpick size or something, or pat down the earth.

If bullshitting the authorities becomes necessary, we can come up with a plan for it later. No need to lie to Dad about what we did, just accept the dressing down.

Ok, I will modify my vote so it matches yours. People, i think the retarded 'Turn your power off' option is winning so vote now.

[X] Shrink the staff the most you can into a needle shape. Drop the staff into the earth outside your window vertically. It will probably bury itself. Turn off your power, run down and check the staff. If it's there and not buried and you can see obvious damage on the ground, hide it better, say in the basement at toothpick size or something, or pat down the earth.

If bullshitting the authorities becomes necessary, we can come up with a plan for it later. No need to lie to Dad about what we did, just accept the dressing down.

Back