Status
Not open for further replies.
[X] Ask Azura some questions.
-[X] What was her wish?
-[X] What's her fighting style like?
-X[] What kind of magical girl abilities are considered the most valuable?
-[X] What is being a magical girl like?

[X] Try 'feeling' for the strangeness really hard. It might just be hidden.
-[X] But don't let anyone know what you are doing.
-[X] Ask if you can see her Soul Gem.

-[] Is she really fifteen years old?
We already went over this so there's no reason to rehash.

--[] If you make a contract, is there anything she would prefer you try to get?
Let's not start making her dependent on other peoples choices.

[] Ask her if she could get you a blanket and/or your clothes.
-[] And if she could unlock the handcuffs so you can actually put them on.
Lets not make things worse when they start asking questions about where things came from.

Last edited:
-[X] What was her wish?
-X[] What kind of magical girl abilities are considered the most valuable?

Hey, you always have to hope for the best, right?

And if your expectations fail, just hope for the next best thing.

(Rinse and repeat until you are a Witch).
Hopes and Expectations are two separate things. I hoped he would bring someone that could help. I expected him not to.

Edit:

Hope = Want/Desire
Expectation = Likely Outcome.

Edit Duo:
If Kyubey actually wanted to help he would inform the police himself.

Last edited:
Hours later, your father locks you in the basement of your house, ignoring your crying. You vaguely hope he'll be back later; it's rather cold down here and he never did free your wrists from the handcuffs keeping them behind your back. On the other hand, if he does come back, it might just be to hurt you more, so there's some fear thrown in with the hope.

Why does everything have to hurt...?

You try to shift so you aren't placing weight on any of the injured areas, but that's kinda impossible for you right now. Your father didn't break any bones, but almost your entire body still hurts. The only area to be spared was your head. Your father is supposed to be punishing your failures, not doing permanent damage to you.
The fuckers will suffer.

I'd go back and make a list of what these monsters have done but I don't want to make myself sick again.

-[X] What was her wish?

I'd go back and make a list of what these monsters have done but I don't want to make myself sick again.
You only need one entry.

"Enough"

Edit: So I guess these were for us and the competition?

Alivaril threw 100-faced die for: A, ^ = + Total: 31
Alivaril threw 100-faced die for: S, ^ = - Total: 30
We rolled low on a die we needed to hit high and our competition rolled low on one they needed to roll low. Crushing defeat.

Oh well. Another entry for Aria's hit list of people who have won against her.

Last edited:
-[X] What was her wish?

-[X] What was her wish?

Well, she's a bit nicer than Kyoubro would be, so I guess we lucked out?

-[X] What was her wish?

@Alivaril

I was wondering whatever happened to Sigil of Light and Co. I don't suppose we can get an interlude either here our back at Ignition?

The ability to use MG magic is not "natural." That's even worse than I was thinking though. Soul Gems may be added on but the grief probably isn't. Good luck cleansing when your soul is safely hidden in whatever metaphysical place it hides. Unless we're using Mana in which case we're wasting resources again. The very same thing we have learned is a bad idea with Jade. Trading super magic for weaker magic and the chance to Witch out is a terrible idea.

Adding soul gems so MG's at least have a chance is probably the nicest thing Kyubey has ever done.

Nope. MG magic is just the power of emotion. There's nothing unnatural about that. Also, a natural soul is able to cleanse itself automatically. There is no unnatural grief accumulation and certainly no unnatural witch transformation.

-[X] What was her wish, if that's not too personal?
-[X] What are her powers like?

1.2.1: Questions
I'll be using this color for Azura's speech. Because reasons.

-[X] What was her wish?

"What did you wish for?"

Azura grimaces. "Just so you know, asking magical girls about our wishes is seriously rude. Usually. I don't ca-are!" Her smile returns. "Anyway, I wished for the ability to turn my dreams into reality. It's a lot of fun, but since I can't really create standardized attacks, it's also hard to use. Kinda hard to focus on a specific image when you have a witch trying to eat you, y'know?"

"How do you fight? Like, what's your fighting style like?"

"You don't mind if I use bad words, do you?"

"Um... I would really rather you didn't. I'm not supposed to listen to them."

"Okie. Well, I blow things up. Did you know there are some substances which explode upon contact with pretty much anything, even air? I haven't tried making antimatter yet since it's a bit too dangerous, but normal explosions are still fun! When I'm trying to avoid damaging everything else, I resort to summoned anvils."

"What's it like to be a magical girl?"

"Fun. Duh. Why would we bother contracting if it was going to be boring? You know, people really get upset when you use violence in everyday life, but they praise you when you kill witches in new and interesting ways. What's up with that?"

You try to ignore her statement regarding violence. You wouldn't know. Given how your father never seems to be upset or bored while he's hurting you, maybe it is fun...?

"It honestly sounds too good to be true."

"Well, this fuzzy little f... fella can get kinda annoying at times." Azura pokes Kyubey in the stomach. "He's still adapting to magic being public knowledge n stuff. Keeping secrets was something he needed to do for several thousand years, y'know? Other than his reluctance to divulge information, I don't really have anything to complain about. Oh, and sorceresses. They're like, the biggest killjoys ever."

"Sorceresses?"

"Walpurgisnacht's super-witch-familiar thingies. You'll know 'em when you see them. Usually, grief seeds will completely cleanse one soul gem no matter how high its capacity. Which, for the record, is totally unfair. Sorceress seeds not only do that, but also cleanse a set amount based upon how powerful the sorceress was while alive. We've got this whole trading network going where the stronger girls will trade sorceress seeds for grief seeds since they get more mileage out of the latter. Anyway, when you do decide to contract, be sure to avoid them until you're a lot more experienced. There are a few magical girls who travel around and hunt sorceresses so the rest of us don't have to deal with them."

"Could I please see your soul gem?"

Azura blinks in surprise, then shrugs and cups her hands in front of her. A ring on her right hand flashes the same color as Azura's eyes before forming into a small, teardrop-shaped gemstone. Black corruption swirls around inside. Although you can see it, you can't really feel anything.

(Azura's corruption: 37%)

"Oopsie. Um, one second, please."

Azura stands up, rummages around in her pockets for several seconds, and produces something unnatural. Specifically, another grief seed.

She holds it next to her soul gem for several seconds, noticeably relaxing as the corruption streams out of her gem. Although you couldn't feel anything while the grief was inside her soul, the grief seed feels even more sickening now. You're not quite sure if that just means grief isn't supposed to be fed to the corpses of witches or if there's something else going on.

(Azura's corruption: 0%)

(Grief Seed corruption: 77%)

"Oh, I don't know if Kyubey told you, but witches can feed off of grief and come back to life if you aren't careful. Once you've used a grief seed, make sure to give it to Kyubey. I heard about one girl over in France who tried to just let them hatch and kill them again. The big stupidhead died."

[] Ask Azura more questions.
-[] What kind of magical girl abilities are considered the most valuable?
--[] If you make a contract, is there anything she would prefer you try to get?
-[] What's Walpurgisnacht?
--[] Do sorceresses only show up while Walpurgisnacht is nearby?
-[] Write-in

[] Make a wish.

[] Thank Azura for coming over and ask if she could please leave before your parents find her.

[] Write-in

Last edited:
Anyway, I wished for the ability to turn my dreams into reality.
:o OMEGA Level Threat Detected! Kill It! Kill It with Bears!
Given how your father never seems to be upset or bored while he's hurting you, maybe it is fun...?
Maybe we should share the fun sometime.
"Walpurgisnacht's super-witch-familiar thingies.
Oh good. I was afraid the Extra Heretical Walmart Chan wouldn't be joining in on the festivities.
I heard about one girl over in France who tried to just let them hatch and kill them again. The big stupidhead died."
Nipping that one in the bud I see....

[X] Thank Azura for coming over and ask if she could please leave before your parents find her.
Well that was informative but fairly unhelpful.

"Okie. Well, I blow things up. Did you know there are some substances which explode upon contact with pretty much anything, even air? I haven't tried making antimatter yet since it's a bit too dangerous, but normal explosions are still fun!
That's my girl!

You try to ignore her statement regarding violence. You wouldn't know. Given how your father never seems to be upset or bored while he's hurting you, maybe it is fun...?
*Slasher Sayaka impulses intensify*

"Walpurgisnacht's super-witch-familiar thingies. You'll know 'em when you see them. Usually, grief seeds will completely cleanse one soul gem no matter how high its capacity. Which, for the record, is totally unfair. Sorceress seeds not only do that, but also cleanse a set amount based upon how powerful the sorceress was while alive. We've got this whole trading network going where the stronger girls will trade sorceress seeds for grief seeds since they get more mileage out of the latter. Anyway, when you do decide to contract, be sure to avoid them until you're a lot more experienced. There are a few magical girls who travel around and hunt sorceresses so the rest of us don't have to deal with them."
iiiiinteresting.

[X] Thank Azura for coming over and ask if she could please leave before your parents find her.

[X] Examine the pedant, and afterwards tell Kyubey to put it back exactly where and how he found it without being caught.
-[X] And not to do anything that might let them know what happened or that he was ever here.
-[X] You might not see it for a while so try to impress it upon your mind as hard as you can.

Last edited:

[X] Examine the pedant, and afterwards tell Kyubey to put it back exactly where and how he found it without being caught.
-[X] And not to do anything that might let them know what happened or that he was ever here.
-[X] You might not see it for a while so try to impress it upon your mind as hard as you can.

Last edited:
[X] Ask Azura more questions.
-[X] What kind of magical girl abilities are considered the most valuable?
--[X] If you make a contract, is there anything she would prefer you try to get?
-[X] What's Walpurgisnacht?
--[X] Do sorceresses only show up while Walpurgisnacht is nearby?

Let's not take possible trap options. Why should it matter what she would prefer we get?
One of the reasons Kyubey gives for her contracting is that Azura needs the help. It would be reasonable to ask if she needs us to be able to do anything specific.
That said, I don't really want to make a wish because that would lead to all sorts of issues for Aria and her dislike of grief.

Last edited:
One of the reasons Kyubey gives for her contracting is that Azura needs the help. It would be reasonable to ask if she needs us to be able to do anything specific.
If we do make a wish it's not going to be for whatever this loon thinks is best. We're going to min-max it as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back