Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the public know there is a Problem.
Yes. And that problem is another girl can't handle losing. They go "oh that's sad" and go on with their lives while we get punished worse.
He gave her a much more durable soul gem, plus enhanced reserves. I kind of assumed the two were related and he couldn't just normally change values on something like that?
The durable soul gem was free. The enhance reserves was because we let him scan our soul. Which caused the trauma.

Last edited:
Let the public know there is a Problem.
You know a kid crying after failing an audition doesn't mean child abuse, right?

[X] Try not to show any signs of fear. You're not supposed to cry in public.
[X] Ask Kyubey if he could bring Azura to visit you. Even if she can't do anything, a little company would be nice...
[X] Try concentrating on the pendant. Remember the connection you had with your grand-uncle.
I question the validity of this vote. You're one step short of saying "become a Mage".

The durable soul gem was free. The enhance reserves was because we let him scan our soul. Which caused the trauma.

Oh, so that's how he did the instant witch outs! Just set a girls reserves really low, and then you only have to tell her one thing and she instantly grief spirals. I was assuming he had like a carefully planned speech to reveal the lich and witch bombs on a new and emotionally compromised contractee but that's a lot more efficient.

I question the validity of this vote. You're one step short of saying "become a Mage".

No, it's a couple of steps short. This is like, "try to recognize what mana is and maybe feel that connection to it", and doesn't imply using that mana for anything. Plus just having Mana isn't likely to give us a spell immediately, and since we don't have a spark I doubt we'll be able to get a full mote of mana out of the pendant right off the bat. We'll probably be communing with it for a while, and this is just making sure that Aria recognizes that the pendant does something.

You know a kid crying after failing an audition doesn't mean child abuse, right?
It's not just crying. It's being terrified and crying. They might not look the same.
And it's blatantly OOC information. She doesn't even have any weird feelings when she holds her pendant like Jade does. It's just a normal beloved pendant, to her.
This is like, "try to recognize what mana is and maybe feel that connection to it",
I wouldn't vote for that either.

[X] Ask Kyubey if he could bring Azura to visit you. Even if she can't do anything, a little company would be nice...

It's not just crying. It's being terrified and crying. They might not look the same.
Only if people are actually looking. Looking at young crying girls tends to make people feel awkward and so they don't look closely. You're balancing extra punishment against the small chance that someone will notice and then convince someone else that something is going on besides us just being very upset about losing and then someone eventually coming to find us.

Basing your entire argument on "they might not look the same" shows that even you don't have that much faith in it.
And it's blatantly OOC information. She doesn't even have any weird feelings when she holds her pendant like Jade does. It's just a normal beloved pendant, to her.
No. Blatantly OOC information would be "gaze into it's depths and feel the connection to the power inside." This is just "Remember your grand-uncle through this jewelry you got from him."

Last edited:
[X] Ask Kyubey if he could bring Azura to visit you. Even if she can't do anything, a little company would be nice..

Oh, so that's how he did the instant witch outs! Just set a girls reserves really low, and then you only have to tell her one thing and she instantly grief spirals. I was assuming he had like a carefully planned speech to reveal the lich and witch bombs on a new and emotionally compromised contractee but that's a lot more efficient.
by my understanding Kyubey just picks someone with low potential and then witchbombs/pain and suffering them for the Auto-witching.
maximum Reserves are set by the girl's potential - the cost of their wish, but Kyubey can spend His/their energy to enhance the girl's Maximum reserves(which he/they mostly don't because it cost them energy that they're using to fight entropy).

Basing your entire argument on "they might not look the same" show that even you don't have that much faith in it.
Point.

It would be really funny if the pendant was a red herring and QB brought it to her just because Jade also had a pendant. Cargo cult magery. :V

Last edited:

Something something solid snake Azura something something cardboard box.

-[X] While waiting try concentrating on the pendant. Remember the connection you had with your grand-uncle.

I am willing to increase your maximum potential reserves by 20%."

...son of a bitch, is that really what he...

"Before you make a wish, there is another thing I need permission to do. When a female makes a contract, the process releases a large amount of energy which I can then collect. I can use this energy to create additional bodies and keep all my active ones operational. I could use it to make you stronger instead. It is not optimized for this purpose. I would only be increasing your reserves by 20%."

MOTHERFUCKER. There was never any fancy science at all, was there? He was literally just asking if we wanted him to torture us.

I'm beginning to doubt that the scan actually caused the trauma. The trauma was offered as payment for the scan.

Last edited:
Don't worry, sooner or later we will fix his whole race.

With Fire.
Yeah, but for now Aria is trapped in a basement with a creepy bunnycat that wont take 'no' for an answer.

Having Kyubey to ask to Azura visit us is like begging him to twist our words (or at least Aria's): "Azura, I have been in contact with a potential magical girl. However, her parents refuse to let her contract and have abused her and locked her in their basement. She has asked me to come and find you." Or something along those lines, something technically true but encourages the resident MG to include our parents as acceptable collateral. Our parents are hindering him so he may twist words or make events lead to their deaths, if only to get us to contract.

Our parents are hindering him so he may twist words or make events lead to their deaths, if only to get us to contract.

Yes, and? I'm really not concerned about them after this update. I'd rather a Witch got them because it would be morally cleaner, but the only real downside is that Aria will probably be somewhat traumatized by it, but I don't think we were getting away from them any other way.

Having somebody else down here would be nice, even if we've got to whisper. Of course, I imagine that if we were all crows we wouldn't be having these problems. Not bears, though. Bears eat their young.

@Alivaril, I know what's going on. Our parents have been replaced by cats. That's why they hate us, we're just the bird they keep so that they have more money for things. Obviously, the answer is to turn them into wolves. Wolves have monogamous relationships and take care of their pups for a fairly long dog-time. And they're nicer than cats, when they're not eating you for not also being a wolf.

Yes, and? I'm really not concerned about them after this update. I'd rather a Witch got them because it would be morally cleaner, but the only real downside is that Aria will probably be somewhat traumatized by it, but I don't think we were getting away from them any other way.
My main concern was trying to deal with this in a way that doesn't end up with Aria blaming herself because the bunnycat is out to get her. She's basically been conditioned for 'everything going wrong is her fault'. Kyubey's going to twist getting Azura into his own ends.

I'm not sure I understand this metaphor, can you explain it in terms of Platypi?

I know what's going on. Our parents have been replaced by cats. That's why they hate us, we're just the bird they keep so that they have more money for things. Obviously, the answer is to turn them into platypi. platypi have monogamous relationships and take care of their platypi pups for a fairly long dog-time. And they're nicer than cats, when they're not eating you for not also being a platypi.
There was never any fancy science at all, was there? He was literally just asking if we wanted him to torture us.
There's still fancy science. It just boils down to torture. It's more "I can perform fancy science but it is akin to torture. Torture makes you gain potential. Therefore if you let me Science! you the max potential will go up just before I lich you.

Last edited:
I know what's going on. Our parents have been replaced by cats. That's why they hate us, we're just the bird they keep so that they have more money for things. Obviously, the answer is to turn them into platypi. platypihave monogamous relationships and take care of their platypi pups for a fairly long dog-time. And they're nicer than cats, when they're not eating you for not also being a platypi.
You didn't even replace all instances of canines with those of ornithorhynchus. For shame.

1.1: Cookie?
EDIT: Just had a holy shit NOPE moment. Aria's current state of dress is to ensure there's no padding to protect her / her clothes aren't damaged, not due to anything else going on. :o

Sub-vote:
Primary:

You work on shifting to an upright position. You're not sure if your skin has started to turn strange colors yet, but hopefully Azura won't be able to tell in the dark. And maybe she could pass you some clothing or a blanket?

"You can bring Azura here if you want to."

As Kyubey turns away, you quickly continue.

"Just please make sure my parents don't find out, okay? I don't think they'd approve of me inviting somebody over without permission..."

"I understand."

Kyubey walks away, leaving you in the cold darkness.

You don't know how much time passes before the high-pitched voice of a child emerges from somewhere near you.

"Wow. That looks like it hurts a lot. What did you do?"

Blinking away the wetness in your eyes, you try to focus on the outside world. A small, blue-haired young girl is crouched in front of you, inspecting your injuries.
Despite supposedly being a magical girl, you don't sense any of the unnatural strangeness you'd expected.

"Hello! Earth to Pinkie, come in please, over?"

You blink. "I'm sorry?"

Instantly, you regret speaking aloud. You haven't had any water to drink in hours and your chest hurts when you try to talk. Not a good sign.

"What did you do?"

You hide your face behind your knees. Already, you're regretting getting Kyubey to bring Azura over.

Kyubey jumps up onto Azura's shoulders and curls up around her neck.

"You may speak to other magical girls using telepathy, Aria."

"Thank you, Kyubey."

You do your best to focus on Azura. The pain is making it hard to concentrate, but you manage anyway. You're used to it.

"I failed an opportunity my parents spent months trying to get me. Again."

Azura takes the hint and switches to telepathy.

"Ouch. Well, look on the bright side! There's always next time, right?"

You nod, wincing as the motion makes the base of your neck hurt. You'll just have to do better next time... somehow. You still don't understand what you could have possibly done better. Taking liberties with the song content, maybe? But you're really not supposed to be doing that...

You should probably change the subject. Small children are infamous for mocking others.

"Are you really fifteen years old?"

"Yup. I stopped my aging, though."

You try to conceal your disbelief. When you were younger, you were always looking forward to getting taller and older. Even if you need to work hard to ignore sinful thoughts, you still think it's worth it for the extra height. Although, you could do without the periodic bleeding. Your parents still won't answer why that happens.

"Why did you do it so early? I don't really want to offend, but doesn't your height cause problems?"

"Nah, 'cuz see, my magic runs off imagination. And when you get older, your imagination starts to be focused on icky stuff and that's just no fun at all. So I just don't age. It costs a bit of grief, but I think it's worth it."

You file that particular tidbit of information away for future reference.

"So!" Azura sprawls out on the basement floor. "Kyubey says you might have some questions. Oh, and are you a magical girl yet? It's cheaper to heal MGs than it is normal people. I don't wanna get you in trouble, but maybe I can make it hurt a bit less?"

[] Ask Azura some questions.
-[] What was her wish?
-[] What's her fighting style like?
-[] What kind of magical girl abilities are considered the most valuable?
--[] If you make a contract, is there anything she would prefer you try to get?
-[] What is being a magical girl like?
-[] Write-in

[] Ask her if she could get you a blanket and/or your clothes.
-[] And if she could unlock the handcuffs so you can actually put them on.

[] Make a wish.
(Initiates another round of voting)

[] Write-in

Last edited:
[] Try not to show any signs of fear. You're not supposed to cry in public.

[] Ask Kyubey if he could bring Azura to visit you. Even if she can't do anything, a little company would be nice...

Edit: best kind of ninja'd :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back