Status
Not open for further replies.
That emotional abuse though. Even while giving her something nice he slips in "for once it's not your fault."
For once he says it isn't her fault. He's not blaming her. That's a good thing. The default state is her being blamed, so it's always that bad, unless it's situations like this where it's not that bad.

You're seeing more of the clouds because of the sunlight coming through a chink. Look at the light, instead. The clouds are just an immutable fact of Aria's life.

[X] OOC: Timeskip until after your next audition or when current events necessitate an interrupt. (Thursday or ???)
-[X] Practice singing, to make sure the audition goes perfectly.
--[X] Obviously don't push to the point where your audition is going to fail because you're tired..

I mean, it's less consistent than green's, but you can't deny that the octopi are huge.
*Points at Bear*

Last edited:
[X] After learning hours are over, look up more stuff on magical girls.
-[X] Try getting in contact with Azure. After all, the best person to tell you what being an MG is like would be another MG.
-[X] Ask your parents if they could unblock some of the websites so you can look at them.
--[X] While you may not necessarily want to become a magical girl, you should still learn everything you can in case there's an emergency.

I don't like Timeskips. while slogging through Aria's abuse filled daily life is unpleasant, leaving the MC on autopilot never feels right to me, when we could be directing her actions to at least try and earn our happy ending, rather than just going along with the flow that she's used to.

Last edited:
[X] After learning hours are over, look up more stuff on magical girls.
-[X] Try getting in contact with Azure. After all, the best person to tell you what being an MG is like would be another MG.
-[X] Ask your parents if they could unblock some of the websites so you can look at them.
--[X] While you may not necessarily want to become a magical girl, you should still learn everything you can in case there's an emergency.
-[X] Ask Kyubey if you could hug one of his bodies at night. You may have some of your stuffed animals back, but you still miss Endal...
We just got through with the whole debacle about our dad disliking Kyubey for some reason. Can we try to fly under the radar till after we get our pendant back?

[X] OOC: Timeskip until after your next audition or when current events necessitate an interrupt. (Thursday or ???)

I don't like Timeskips. while slogging through Aria's abuse filled daily life is unpleasant, leaving the MC on autopilot never feels right to me, when we could be directing her actions to at least try and earn our happy ending, rather than just going along with the flow that she's used to.
Until we get our pendant there really isn't anything to do. We're a 14 year old singer who's confined to her house and wears a tracking bracelet. What do you think we'll be doing? I mean it's like less than a week.

If we do end up making wish we should see if we can include a bit about not generating grief, otherwise she will probably keep freaking out about the unnatural corruption she keeps accumulating in her soul.

--[X] Obviously don't push to the point where your audition is going to fail because you're tired..

I mean, it's less consistent than green's, but you can't deny that the octopi are huge.

Okay yeah, but the themes are different. Blue's big things tend to be sneaky (Islandwalk, Flying) or come with lockdown (Lorthos the Tidemaker) or something. Greens tend to be more stompy and trampley and direct.

My favorite example of the difference would be like, Craterhoof Behemoth versus Kederekt Leviathan. They're both basically game ending when they come out, but for really different reasons.

I doubt we're getting summons on that scale here, or anything, but we'll probably have much better mana constructs than Jade did. And maybe some sort of totem armor or a stampede effect? I feel like self buffs or group buffs are likely to be our bread and butter once we have allies.

I'll go with this, as it at least gives us some control to make sure the time-skip doesn't autopilot us into failure.

Green has some of the heaviest hitters of basically any color, plus most of the mana ramp. What about that is slow? Like, have you ever played against Elfball or a commander deck running Omnath?

It may be that I've only run into the slower green players when I've played, plus when I say slow and boring i'm not saying that slow is boring, I just find the way green plays to be boring and slower than I normally like, which is why I normally played aggro/burn decks of some form when I still played.

I still played slow decks but that was during the Ravnica block where I really liked playing Orzhov, mostly because I played a lot of 5+ player games and Extort was broken as hell because of it.

Mostly though I've just never been interested in Green.

vote btw:

Didn't someone in Tart have wish magic that pushed their grief onto random other megucas?
Yep, she wished for others to take the blame for what she does. Wish really screwed her up too.
It may be that I've only run into the slower green players when I've played, plus when I say slow and boring i'm not saying that slow is boring, I just find the way green plays to be boring and slower than I normally like, which is why I normally played aggro/burn decks of some form when I still played.

Green basically drops a few cuddly mana accel early on, then suddenly kaijiu...plus all the mana accel can fight using sudden buffs too.

Its a ramp up grower game. Patience is a big part of it.

I just want to Might of Oaks a plushy though...

[x] After learning hours are over, look up more stuff on magical girls.
-[x] Ask your parents if they could unblock some of the websites so you can look at them.
--[x] While you may not necessarily want to become a magical girl, you should still learn everything you can in case there's an emergency.

She really should. I want to know what's on those sites.

Well that was mildly surprising...

I'm a little leery of the timeskip option because... her parents aren't going to discuss magical girls, or wishes, or the witch attack, or anything with her? Really?

I guess if that's how they want to play it, that's fine, but it just seems like such an impossibly bad idea to not talk about this stuff. Maybe I'm not cut out to be an overbearing abusive parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back