But what if she does it in _both_ timelines?

Look i'm just saying that we need an Omake or sidestory about the undersiders having a beach episode, preferably one where Tt sends Coil a dvd of her flipping him off whilst sipping a mojito.
Coil uses 'safe' timelines when he doing do something risky like recruitment. I do, however, plan on exploiting his weaknesses. And if someone wants to do a Beachsiders omake...

She's the sort to use flip-flops for fucking with people, but wearing proper sandals if she's actually doing something I think. And don't forget to let me make the beach first!
Flip flops ...with socks?
Eeh? Eeeeh?

Also, I wonder how Coil will react when he realizes he's trying to catch one of Cauldron's side projects. 'Cause you know they won't just sit there and let that happen when there's a contract involved.

If would be hilarious is Coil got shuffled off the stage behind the scenes for overstepping without Taylor ever discovering he exists.

Also, I wonder how Coil will react when he realizes he's trying to catch one of Cauldron's side projects. 'Cause you know they won't just sit there and let that happen when there's a contract involved.

If would be hilarious is Coil got shuffled off the stage behind the scenes for overstepping without Taylor ever discovering he exists.
I mean, she's not his Nemesis, so Cauldron might frown on him screwing up the Nemesis contract going on. Then again, it could be simply restrictions. No hard sells, no recruitment until contract is over, no hard sells after her contract is over because we might have uses for her in a few years, etc.

Though now I'm imagining Cauldron has a contact point that their capes/in the know capes can check on new capes via to know if they're 'under contract' or not. "Don't know if you're stepping on the toes of a secret conspiracy by having your gang go for a new cape recruitment? Use the Toil and Trouble app to find out before fedora clad trouble finds you! On your phone right now."

"Hey boss, this new tinker you want us to go out and 'recruit'... did you check the app first? 'Cause I remember that time you had us try to recruit a cape -- before you decided on Brockton Bay and stopped by Boston -- and I really don't want to see if I survive a second time of my team get fedora'd on her way to you. I don't think you want to try that either."

I mean, she's not his Nemesis, so Cauldron might frown on him screwing up the Nemesis contract going on. Then again, it could be simply restrictions. No hard sells, no recruitment until contract is over, no hard sells after her contract is over because we might have uses for her in a few years, etc.
Given that normal Nemeses are brainwashed, I don't think there'd be any protocols for what Taylor's in. Cauldron's own interest in her however, means they're keeping an eye on her.

Thinkin bout it, any hints as to Tay's speciality? Or ave some already been dropped?

Note: Yes I know she got "Architect", but that's an overall grouping, I want to see if there is somethin' more specific for 'er.

Last edited:
Roight, well my guess is she has some form of development/advancement shard or one focused on simple, effective, and lasting improvement. Former seems a better investigative path then the latter in my opinion.

Yea, somethin trans-dimensional or atleast multi-dimension based is another idea, and it does fall under development somewhat, so another point towards that tree.

Thinkin bout it, any hints as to Tay's speciality? Or ave some already been dropped?
Factorio. Her specialization is Factorio. Or Satisfactory, or Dyson Sphere Program if those are more your jam. The point is, she's a bootstrapper with a power designed to go from the neolithic to superscience in the shortest possible time by the shortest possible route. The anchors are a red herring, a MacGuffin designed to allow Taylor space to build without interruption and also get the seed materials she needs to start constructing her doom factory.

The anchors are a red herring, a MacGuffin designed to allow Taylor space to build without interruption and also get the seed materials she needs to start constructing her doom factory.
I wouldn't say the recall anchors are a MacGuffin, but a small taste of what Taylor can accomplish once she's set up properly. As for the rest? *giggling authorbote noises*

I wonder if Taylor has any surveillance of her compound yet? I just had a amusing thought of Taylor watching the play back an catching the comment causing the path to drastically shortened to step X - negotiate with Taylor Hebert for non favourable terms.

It didn't sound like she had anything with her, apart from the drones that could serve as surveillance. Even building a simple hut out of branches and twigs takes hours. That's why I doubt she had the time for something like that.

I wonder if Taylor has any surveillance of her compound yet? I just had a amusing thought of Taylor watching the play back an catching the comment causing the path to drastically shortened to step X - negotiate with Taylor Hebert for non favourable terms.
Contessa only spoke once in Boston, so Tay's drones wouldn't have picked up what was said. Nice work guessing that Taylor's going to be involved though.

Factorio. Her specialization is Factorio. Or Satisfactory, or Dyson Sphere Program if those are more your jam. The point is, she's a bootstrapper with a power designed to go from the neolithic to superscience in the shortest possible time by the shortest possible route. The anchors are a red herring, a MacGuffin designed to allow Taylor space to build without interruption and also get the seed materials she needs to start constructing her doom factory.
Or possibly Civilization (The computer game series) or a game similar to that, all of which fall under advancement. So something to do with advancement or development in comb…

Industrialization. Does she have an industrialization shard? Cause that seems like the perfect shard for what she's doin.

I wouldn't say the recall anchors are a MacGuffin, but a small taste of what Taylor can accomplish once she's set up properly. As for the rest? *giggling authorbote noises*
I'd still characterize the anchors as a MacGuffin, though; the only reason they're in the story right now is so Taylor can get up to unrestricted Factorio shenanigans without getting Ellisburg'd or Eagleton'd. Just sayin'.

Back