A Day Unlike Any Other (Ben 10/Multicross)

I mean, the one I'm using isn't really that low quality...

at least it doesn't seem so on my screen.
It is pretty low quality. The drawing seems roughshod and doesn't look like much effort was put in or maybe it was rushed.

It isnt as bad as it COULD be but it is still pretty low quality over all.

I thought the issue was this guy lacks a shirt and has an outrageous v-neck for his waist, but he doesn't want to bring it up.
The thing is that, somewhat similarly to Kryptonians, the Tamaranean species also absorb Ultraviolet energies in order to power some of their more powerful abilities, which combined with their homeworld's tropical climate and the fact that they are descended from cats means that they tend towards more revealing outfits.

It is pretty low quality. The drawing seems roughshod and doesn't look like much effort was put in or maybe it was rushed.

It isnt as bad as it COULD be but it is still pretty low quality over all.
while I do kind of like the second image, none of them have the energy that that one does.
The only other one I have that really has that same feel to it was this one... which doesn't work for obvious reasons...

I honestly couldn't tell it was supposed to be a Tamaranean from your pic.

I kinda figured "Maybe?" but I couldn't actually tell.

Not that that changes my opinion. Having the super-strength, energy blast throwing, super speed and space-capable flying alien be a Surfer Bro(/the mental effects) of all things is just... probably one of the more appropriate ways to balance it granted, but still, ew.

Oi, there are some pretty cool surfer bros out there yaknow. I mean sure a lot are dicks but there are some nice chill surfer bros out there yeah, cool dudes yeah.

The thing is that, somewhat similarly to Kryptonians, the Tamaranean species also absorb Ultraviolet energies in order to power some of their more powerful abilities, which combined with their homeworld's tropical climate and the fact that they are descended from cats means that they tend towards more revealing outfits.

while I do kind of like the second image, none of them have the energy that that one does.
The only other one I have that really has that same feel to it was this one... which doesn't work for obvious reasons...

That pic is effin badass mate.

Considering it is a character image rather than an action image the energy doesn't seem to be necessary.

Energy can be shown through action and dialogue after all.

The mental effects only exist while we are the alien like rath so it's actually awesome and a really powerful alien for this early on (Especially because it's a optimized one)

Hmm. Not what I expected, nor what I truly desired...

I just want some rule 63 comedic kerfufflery. Is that too much to ask for?

Joking aside, great chapter. Thanks for your effort.

Hmm. Not what I expected, nor what I truly desired...

I just want some rule 63 comedic kerfufflery. Is that too much to ask for?

Joking aside, great chapter. Thanks for your effort.
the rule 63 is strong with this one.

Ah, the missed oppourtunities...

Not that that changes my opinion. Having the super-strength, energy blast throwing, super speed and space-capable flying alien be a Surfer Bro(/the mental effects) of all things is just... probably one of the more appropriate ways to balance it granted, but still, ew.
I mean, in all fairness, Tamaranians powers are based on their mental state(more specifically they're better when happy IIRC) So having him be a totally chill surfer bro is like, a good way to make sure he stays happy, man.

Ahem, that being said, I do worry this may have been something of a bad option for this situation, that or a great one.

Also, unless this was a glitch, the image used in the Omnitrix pic looks fucking nothing like a Tamaranian, in ANY WAY. Like I thought that was some kinda fucking cyborg soldier thing.

Last edited:
I mean, in all fairness, Tamaranians powers are based on their mental state(more specifically they're better when happy IIRC) So having him be a totally chill surfer bro is like, a good way to make sure he stays happy, man.

Ahem, that being said, I do worry this may have been something of a bad option for this situation, that or a great one.

Also, unless this was a glitch, the image used in the Omnitrix pic looks fucking nothing like a Tamaranian, in ANY WAY. Like I thought that was some kinda fucking cyborg soldier thing.
To be honest, I think that was just me being terrible at image editing.

I had used this pic as the base for the Omnitrix image, and I guess it didn't really work as a silhouette...
The bits that you thought were machinery and stuff was just the hair...

[X] Go and be a Hero!
- [X] Find the bad dudes with guns, and take their guns! They can't threaten or hurt people without guns! And if they try, you'll whack 'em!

[X] Go and be a Hero!
- [X] Find the bad dudes with guns, and take their guns! They can't threaten or hurt people without guns! And if they try, you'll whack 'em!

Is Ben supposed to be a ten year old Tamaranean?

Is Ben supposed to be a ten year old Tamaranean?
Yeah, the art really doesn't look it though. I only guessed Tamaranean from the color of the hair and the eyes.

Yeah, pretty much. I posted a bunch of alternate pics but.... QM doesn't seem to want to use them...

Second one works better. It looks more like a male than the other and the expression fits the "Surfer Dude" mentality more than the first one.

My only issue is the long shred of cloth they are carrying for some reason.

the top has a better silhouette, but the bottom has more Mischievous Surfer Energy

Last edited:
Back