A Day Unlike Any Other (Ben 10/Multicross)

I'm going to assume that the Glitch roll is obviously to see if we get the alien we want or not. The chance roll though I'm less certain on. I feel like it's probably something like an event roll, so basically like 'does something interesting happen'.

Also updated the character sheet with Silent Fright's name, and a small test to see if a slightly different way of showing off the alien's statistics looks better or now.

... Oookaaaaayyy

Edit: Well that doesn't sound fucking good. Or maybe this is a roll for one of the bad guys and that's actually great. Who knows.
Dolly Fail Fail threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Reasons Total: 5
5 5

Last edited:
What bad guys? We're just hangin' around right now, aren't we?
Perhaps the chance roll could have meant we encountered something. Or perhaps it was a roll for Vilgax finding us. Or maybe it could have been something else working in the shadows we aren't even aware of at this point.

Hotspot Holdup part 1
With a bored sigh, you sit at the table of the RV, watching out the window as the miles go marching on, one by one.

It's been nearly two hours since you packed up the camp and started on the road, having already passed the state border into Nevada. Unfortunately that means that the view out the window started to become dull and rote before too long.

There's dirt. More dirt. Oh, there's a couple of trees. Dirt. a mountain in the distance. More dirt. Cacti too, but you've seen one cactus then you've seen them all.

Grandpa Max was busy driving, so you weren't going to bother him, and Gwen was focused on... something. She was hard at work with her laptop, and a pair of earbuds in her ears to keep the noise of... Well, you probably out so that she could focus on whatever it was she was doing.

Probably already finishing up her summer homework or something.

The thought of possibly doing that... if only to pass the time does cross your mind for a moment, but if you are going to be working on something, then there is something that is a whole lot more interesting for you to work on instead.

Falling over so that you are laying across the booth, you stare up at the ceiling for a long moment, before you slowly bring your arm up and you stare at the watch as well.

Throwing yourself back up into an upright position, you idly thumb over the activator button, watching with interest as the dial popped up. You hadn't used the watch since last night, in part because you were worried about more of those robots coming out of nowhere and attacking again... But there was also a little ball of worry deep in your gut. Gwen had joked about it a little, the idea of transforming and getting stuck like that.

Seeing all the different colors that... You know, you really needed to come up with a name for the ten different guys that you had the ability to transform into.

You stared down at the watch, at the image staring back at you.
You almost itched to just slam down the watch's face and see what kind of alien this one was... But it didn't exactly look like it had feet, so it would probably be best to wait until you were near some water or something...

Instead you spun through the dial, clicking until you found that very first image that you seen when you turned the watch on for the first time. The fiery guy. The guy who started it all. You smirked to yourself, a number of different fire related jokes and puns appearing in your head, before one stuck out to you.

A name that spoke not only to the fact that he could blast out fire, but the way that he saw in so colors that no human could see, and so had no names for. "Heatblast." You mutter to yourself, and for a moment you almost swear that it felt like the watch buzzed slightly against your arm, but it happened so quickly that you were sure that you just imagined it.

But getting back to your original thought...

The idea of getting stuck as one of your aliens forever kind of terrified you. You were you... and you know what, you actually kind of liked being you, even if being an alien was cool as all hell. Even if the world was so impossibly beautiful when you were transformed into that giant faceless alien...

An alien who could fly and was also silent. He scared Gwen too. Sound out? Antipat-

Heh. Silent Fright. Oh that's another good one. There it was again, that tiny buzz for a fragment of a moment.

...And it happened when decided on a name for your alien. Could the watch be... registering the name that you gave to your aliens? If it was... why?

Clicking through the rest of the images, you finally come to stop on one that you hadn't transformed into yet.​

For a moment your hand hovered over the dial. You were really tempted to transform into this new alien, but at the same time... So far you had transformed into a man made of literal fire, a tiny little blue guy, and then a guy who towered over Grandpa Max. You had no idea how big, or small this guy might be. You can't really imagine that he'd be a whole lot bigger than Night Fright, but...

Well, if he was, then you might damage the RV, and if he's like... tiny or something than you might end up stuck or something.

Shaking your head, you go to turn off the watch, to make sure that you don't transform...

When you realize something.

...You don't know how to deactivate the watch. Well, that's fine. You just have to transform into... The blue guy, who you really need to think up a name for, and wait for the watch to time out again.

"Whose up for some grub?" Grandpa Max calls out from the front the RV, as you feel the car start to slow, turning off the highway. "There's a local place 'round here that serves the most delicious fajitas in the state."

Leaning over from where she was sitting, Gwen pulled out earphone out, "Wha-? Food?" The girl asked, sounding confused, before closing the laptop. "Oh, yeah. I'm starving."

Crap.

You take a deep breath, but nod as well. "Y-yeah, I could go with something to eat." You admit, even as you keep an eye on the watch. You just need to make sure that nothing hits the watch until you guys finish with lunch.

That shouldn't be so hard.

Right?

Why does it feel like you are trying to convince yourself, but are failing.

You watch out the window as the Rustbucket pulls into an absolutely slammed looking parking lot in front of a diner whose name looked to be Spanish, and that you would not be able to pronounce if your life depended on it. You grimaced a little, realizing that this place is obviously filled with people, and that keeping the watch from going off was going to be even more difficult than you expected it to be.

It takes close to ten minutes for Grandpa Max to find somewhere to park, and each passing moment just makes you feel more and more uncomfortable. For a moment you think about telling Grandpa Max that you weren't sure how to deactivate the watch now that you activated it... but that would just lead him to giving you the 'I'm disappointed in you look', and you really don't want to get that look so soon after getting it last night.

You've just got to tough it out and keep a close eye on the watch to make sure that nothing happens.

Following after Grandpa Max and Gwen, you end up crossing your arms, holding one arm upside down in a way that's honestly a little uncomfortable, but it keeps the dial faced down and covered by your other arm. That way it'll be hidden away so that nothing can end up accidentally activating it.

Stepping through the door, you are hit with a just solid wave of smell. Not a bad smell, no, but on one side of the doors it smells like a parking lot, and on the other it's like you are suddenly in the kitchen of one of those little old Xexican ladies who yells a lot and makes way more food than anyone can really eat, but gets sad when you don't eat all of it.

You can't help the growl that your stomach gives off, but Grandpa Max just laughs. It surprisingly, doesn't take you too long before you end up getting a booth. Gwen and Grandpa Max slide in on one side, and you slide in on the other.

From there, it doesn't take too long to order drinks, those drinks arrive, and then to order food.

So there you are, waiting for the food to arrive, when another need hits you. On the one hand you almost want to wait for the food to arrive and to eat and to get back out and to the RV before heading to the restroom, less chance of accidentally hitting the watch on anything.

On the other hand you really, really need to pee. You glance down at the table, under which you had hidden the watch, then to Grandpa Max, then to the Bathroom sign. Then to Grandpa Max, and with a bit lip you sigh. "I've gotta use the restroom. I'll be right back." You don't wait for an answer from your grandfather, crossing your arms again and quickly weaving through the crowd.

Thankfully, the bathroom is empty, and it doesn't take much time at all for you to do your business. You start to wash your hands when-
*CRACK CRACK*
You freeze, eyes going wide. You know that sound. Last summer Grandpa Max had taken you to a gunshow and a shooting range because you had wanted a BB gun for your birthday that year. The edge of the sound had barely stopped before the screaming had started.​
*CRACK*
The screams cut off just as quickly as they had started.

Yeah. Those were definitely gunshots. Someone had a gun out there, and they were not afraid to use them. For a brief moment you were frozen, panicking because you didn't know what to do. You wanted to help and protect those people, but there was nothing that you could do. Nothing that regular old Ben could...

Your eyes caught on the watch on your wrist, and the image that was there. Slow, jittery fingers sat on the image, before pressing down.​

There was the now familiar flash of blinding green, but even before the flash had faded, you couldn't stop the giggle from escaping your lips. "Like, why was I so scared? I'm like, a hero."

You looked up at the mirror in front of you, and all that left your lips was a simple "Woah."

You looked so freaking cool! Just like a hero was totally supposed to look like.

Now, there were baddies out there. Baddies with guns, and they meant to hurt, or like, steal or something from all these nice people who were just trying to like, go about their day. That was totally not cool.

You hopped from one foot to the other, throwing out a couple quick punches with each hand. Now, what were, like, planning to do about the guys out there?

You had, like no idea how many people there were with guns, but there totally couldn't be that many of them.
[ ] Go and be a Hero!
- [ ] Like how?
[ ] Save the people!
- [ ] How dude?
[ ] Do something cool!
- [ ] Totally! Like what?

Last edited:
Um, you want some higher quality tamaranean pics?

Care to use one of these?

[X] Go and be a Hero!
- [X] Find the bad dudes with guns, and take their guns! They can't threaten or hurt people without guns! And if they try, you'll whack 'em!

[X] Go and be a Hero!
- [X] Find the bad dudes with guns, and take their guns! They can't threaten or hurt people without guns! And if they try, you'll whack 'em!

I mean, the one I'm using isn't really that low quality...

at least it doesn't seem so on my screen.
I honestly couldn't tell it was supposed to be a Tamaranean from your pic.

I kinda figured "Maybe?" but I couldn't actually tell.

Not that that changes my opinion. Having the super-strength, energy blast throwing, super speed and space-capable flying alien be a Surfer Bro(/the mental effects) of all things is just... probably one of the more appropriate ways to balance it granted, but still, ew.

Last edited:
Not that that changes my opinion. Having the super-strength, energy blast throwing, super speed and space-capable flying alien be a Surfer Bro(/the mental effects) of all things is just... probably one of the more appropriate ways to balance it granted, but still, ew.
Like, why all the hate brosef? So not cool. Nothing wrong with being, like, super chill and having fun with life and stuff.

So we're in the restroom of a Spanish diner and there's gun shots outside.

Assuming this is a robbery wouldn't it just be better to let it pass and then go after the criminals? I mean, I get we're a 10 year old and likely on a high from a new transform, but we can catch them after the civilians are out of hostage taking range.

That said, the only action I see us taking is rushing the robber(s). Maybe we should wait in the restroom until someone comes to clear it out and take them down. Rinse and repeat until we're forced to rush out?

Also I like the short hair YJ style pic.

Last edited:
IIRC, the problem with that is that one of the big things about Tamaraneans is how emotional they are. Getting Ben to sit still is hard enough when he's human. Now he's in a form that has even less control of how he feels and whose powers are affected by his emotional state.

I just don't see him doing it.

Back