The Young Eagle - A Napoleon Quest

I wonder where Davout is now. Desaix would surely want to learn of where he is.

Hopefully Davout is ok.

Also if Napoleon were to return to France, for me, the Number One priority is to find Berthier and make him Napoleon's Chief-Of-Staff.
Davout nearly had a big role in the fall of Dumoriez and the fight against the Austrians, but bad rolls kept him in the background - safe, but too far away from the fighting to make a difference. He did get some kudos for trying to stop Dumoriez, though.

Berthier got lucky - as with history, he got shipped out to the Vendee before Dumoriez made his move. Before that, he was chief of staff to Dumoriez, which wouldn't have been great for his career.

Carnot got lucky as well. He was on the outs with Robespierre during the coup, so he had a low chance of getting executed, and survived intact. He's once again the Army's leading theoritician/organiser.

Davout nearly had a big role in the fall of Dumoriez and the fight against the Austrians, but bad rolls kept him in the background - safe, but too far away from the fighting to make a difference. He did get some kudos for trying to stop Dumoriez, though.

Berthier got lucky - as with history, he got shipped out to the Vendee before Dumoriez made his move. Before that, he was chief of staff to Dumoriez, which wouldn't have been great for his career.

Carnot got lucky as well. He was on the outs with Robespierre during the coup, so he had a low chance of getting executed, and survived intact. He's once again the Army's leading theoritician/organiser.
Thank goodness, he's legitimately irreplaceable

What happened in this story may affect Davout deeply.
In real life, he managed to prevent Dumouriez from carrying out his treachery and the latter was forced to flee and defect to the Austrians.

In this story, however, Davout fails, and as a result, thousands of people die under Dumouriez's short-lived regime.

Find him.
Napoleon has to find him.
In this story, absolutely anything can happen.
Berthier MUST survive, and he MUST become Napoleon's C-O-S.

[X] Plan A Stable Sardinia

We do need to get back to the mainland sometime soon, but this plan should do enough that we have a good start to things in Sardinia. Allies are rewarded, our shakey stance with the clergy and aristocracy is not being kicked over and they're at least structured well for them to develop into a liberal democracy with time. Would be nice to entrench our jacobinism further but if we want to prove ourself a jacobin that's best done in France proper.

[X] Plan A Stable Sardinia + Ending Slavery

[X] Keep the units intact on your return to France - with a new government in place, you never know where you might be sent. Not having to waste time levying a new force might be useful.

Because there has to be zero chances of slavery remaining in any form. It was one of the main evils, that the Revolution tried to destroy, Dumas being the most prominent example.

Last edited:
[X] There are Weeks where Decades Happen

[X] Have Treguet stop at Corsica and then Marseilles, and disband the national guard units

Citizen, Bonapartist's plan is perfect! Simple and yet efective! It cover everything we promised and then some on the constitution! I encourage you to vote for it! Need I remind you all that our job is to build the foundation for Sardinia's contitution. And that is enough. We don't need to dictate the new goverment every single piece of the constitution. Let the Sardinians handle the rest. After all if we dictate every single piece of the constitution, it will signaled to the Sardinians that Sardinia is not truly free! It is nothing but a puppet to France.

As for why I vote for the dibanding the natiobal guards unit, they had enough of fighting. Let them enjoy the spoils of war from this battle. After all they are not a professional soldier, but only a militia. So they deserve rest and respite. And of course, it is to show the new goverment that we are a loyal servant to France and not planning to do another coup. Loyalty will be rewarded Citizen! Just look at President Louis Philippe Egalite

The Marseilles National Guards are great garrisons and have at least some loyalty to Napoleon. As for the Corsican National Guards, I agree that they deserve rest but if they volunteer to fight with us why not? As long as there are enough volunteers to form a full strength battalion that is.

[X] Keep the units intact on your return to France - with a new government in place, you never know where you might be sent. Not having to waste time levying a new force might be useful.

I forgot to vote for this.

I find the lack of people voting disturbing. Yesterday there are 50+ people voting about Nappy's religion. Now, there are only about... what? 5-7 people voting? Where the heck the rest of you are?

Last edited:

I find the lack of people voting disturbing. Yesterday there are 50+ people voting about Nappy's religion. Now, there only about... what? 5-7 people voting? Where the heck the rest of you are?
Probably because religion was a simpler vote - just pick one of the options from the list. This one has more facets - not as easy to just make a split decision and lock it in.

Pretty sure the next vote will have high turnout.

[X] Write in: Have Treguet stop at Corsica and disband 1st Battalion and 2nd Battalion unless enough Corsicans are willing to join us to create a full strength battalion if we merge both battalions. Keep the Marseilles National Guard.

The 1st Battalion got 300+ people, that is one good charge away from disintegrating and the 2nd Battalion is following suit. Both of them are too understrength, so unless they can create 1 battalion with full strenght by recruiting in Corsica, they can leave.
I am still promoting my plan for the National Guards. Rather than keeping a 300 men strong "battalion" or disbanding all troops somewhat loyal to us, we could just merge understrength battalions and recruit more to form a full strength battalion.

[X] Write in: Have Treguet stop at Corsica and disband 1st Battalion and 2nd Battalion unless enough Corsicans are willing to join us to create a full strength battalion if we merge both battalions. Keep the Marseilles National Guard.

I would like to promote my plan There are Weeks where Decades Happen. It satisfies our revolutionary political ideology with the land redistributionism. It also expands upon the formation of the Sardinians government in great detail and provides a unique flavor to it, my plan if course abolished slavery fully, but the economic plank is the most important because it puts us in the good graces of the french bourgeoisie. The trade treaties would greatly increase our profile and reception amongst them. Which greatly helps us in future politcal endeavors. But the Civil liberties are what I'm most proud of, alot of those liberties are based from Robespierres own words which will definitely tie ourselves to his heroic legacy in this quest. That's all, I hope I've convinced you

[X] Plan: There are Weeks where Decades Happen

I like these options.

Back