RexHeller's Plot Bunny Thread

Do you want to be a hero?
Just because I'm not doing the daily thing, doesn't mean that the idea's stop coming.

Do You Want to Be a Hero?
"Do you want to be a hero?"

You look at the man sitting across from you and try to figure him out. He's somewhere in his thirties and stunningly handsome, with soft blue eyes and not a single blond hair out of place. His white suit is immaculate and he fills it out well. Even when he's sitting down you can tell he's tall and in shape. And he's got this smile. This kind, reassuring smile. In your head you know you should be suspicious of men in suits who come up and talk to you out of nowhere but that smile is making it hard not to trust him automatically.

He's quite the contrast to you, with your long brown hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, sharp slate-grey eyes, leather jacket and torn jeans. You don't return his smile, your wide mouth instead turned down in a scowl. You're a rebel and a rocker, someone most "decent" folks wouldn't look twice at out of fear your very presence might corrupt them. So why is this man sitting in your café booth, asking you strange questions out of nowhere?

"Miss? It's a simple question." The man in white asks with concern. Hm, you have just been frowning at him without saying anything for a while now.

"What do you want?" You demand of him.

He doesn't answer right away. Instead he takes a sip of whatever's in his cup. You're pretty sure it's tea. Frankly, you can't stand the stuff. You're a coffee girl. When he sets the cup down you notice that it doesn't make a clink sound or anything on the table. "I saw you're concert last night. It was… inspiring."

"What?" You blink at the apparent non sequitur. "Uh… no offense but you don't look like the sort of person that enjoys punk music."

That gets a chuckle out of him. It sounds warm, almost fatherly. "True, it's not my usual taste but I think you can consider me a fan. There was something different about you. Everyone else seemed like they were all about breaking things. You sang about fixing them." You're surprised. Of everyone, you didn't think the person to get your music would be someone like this.

He pauses to take another sip of tea and again he manages to not make a sound putting down his cup. For some reason that really bothers you. Nobody could possibly be that gentle, right? It's such a small thing though and you quickly forget it when he starts talking again.

"If you'll let me, I'd like to see if my assessment of you is right. If I'm wrong or if offend you in some way, say so. I'll walk out of your life and never bother you again. Okay?" You're still not sure what this guy is on about but your curiosity is outweighing your suspicions, for now at least. You nod and he continues. "You're the sort of person that can't say no to someone in need. If someone comes to you with trouble, you'll do your best to see them though it. But it's not just that you have a hard time saying no. You actually go out and look for the problems of the world, big and small, and do what you can to fix them. But at the same time you're not naïve. Idealism without blind optimism, hope tempered by practicality, that's you. You're the sort of person that needs to help people."

You glare at him. He raises an eyebrow. "Am I wrong?"

You sigh explosively. "All right, fine. I'll bite. Yeah, I want to be a hero."

His smile grows wide. "Walk with me." He says and then he just gets up, leaving his tea on the table, steam wafting off of it. It takes you a moment but you hurriedly rush to repack your notebooks into your messenger bag and get up. You rush to catch up with the man in white and when you reach the door he's there holding it open for you. You huff in annoyance, you're not some princess that needs to be pampered and babied after all, but he just smiles. He really does seem to be just that nice. Irritatingly nice.

You let the man in white lead you and the two of you wind up on the Boardwalk. It's still rather early and the winter chill is keeping people in their homes, so it's not hard for the two of you to find a lonely portion to have your talk. The man in white leans up against the guardrail overlooking the bay and you join him. As he begins to talk you cup your hands and breath into them, hoping to warm them up.

"I've seen things." He starts off. "Incredible things. Horrible things. Things you wouldn't believe. But I can show you." He holds his hand out, palm up. You watch in awe as a small ball of light appears from nowhere in the air above his hand. It's about the size of a baseball and the light it gives off is warm and comforting. Basking in its glow, you can feel small aches and pains gained from living as a starving musician leave your body, replaced with a subtle energy. You don't just feel better physically but spiritually as well, the light washing away years of accumulated stress.

And then he closes his hand and the light is gone. But the warmth in you remains. You look at up at the man, eyes wide. "W-What was that?"

His answer is another smile, this one more sad than anything else. "Power, something I'm willing to grant you as well. There is a world where this sort of power is common. It's also a world slowly crumbling away into the abyss. Powers may be common, but heroes, real heroes, not just people with powers fighting criminals, are not. That is my offer. I would like to give you power so you can be a hero and protect that world."
"W-will I be able to do that as will? With the light?" You ask. You mind is reeling. Superpowers, alternate worlds, heroes? It all sounds like a comic book or a fantasy novel. If you hadn't seen that light yourself then you would have dismissed the man as a quack. But you did and so as unreal as it sounds, you believe him.

"Maybe. Probably not. Everyone gets something different but some are similar."

You have a million other questions. Will getting power hurt? How are you going to get to the other world? Did he give the other people their powers too? If not, where did they come from? But as you look at the man in white you realize that even if you asked, he's not going to give you any more answers. You need to make your choice, so you do.

"Tch. Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you." The man speaks quietly but it's the most sincere, genuine thank you anyone has ever given you. He waves his hand a portal appears out of nowhere. "Well then, Anne-Rose, if you'd like to step through this door we can get started."

An idea for worm that will probably be a quest at some point. The main character is a teenage Annette Rose Hebert from another universe. Although she got picked up in the eighties, she'll be dropped off on earth bet near canon. I have a few vote options in mind already, like exactly when she arrives in canon and what powers she has. Sound interesting?

An idea for worm that will probably be a quest at some point. The main character is a teenage Annette Rose Hebert from another universe. Although she got picked up in the eighties, she'll be dropped off on earth bet near canon. I have a few vote options in mind already, like exactly when she arrives in canon and what powers she has. Sound interesting?
Yes. This is interesting and I am interested. TELL US MORE

Just because I'm not doing the daily thing, doesn't mean that the idea's stop coming.

Do You Want to Be a Hero?
"Do you want to be a hero?"

You look at the man sitting across from you and try to figure him out. He's somewhere in his thirties and stunningly handsome, with soft blue eyes and not a single blond hair out of place. His white suit is immaculate and he fills it out well. Even when he's sitting down you can tell he's tall and in shape. And he's got this smile. This kind, reassuring smile. In your head you know you should be suspicious of men in suits who come up and talk to you out of nowhere but that smile is making it hard not to trust him automatically.

He's quite the contrast to you, with your long brown hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, sharp slate-grey eyes, leather jacket and torn jeans. You don't return his smile, your wide mouth instead turned down in a scowl. You're a rebel and a rocker, someone most "decent" folks wouldn't look twice at out of fear your very presence might corrupt them. So why is this man sitting in your café booth, asking you strange questions out of nowhere?

"Miss? It's a simple question." The man in white asks with concern. Hm, you have just been frowning at him without saying anything for a while now.

"What do you want?" You demand of him.

He doesn't answer right away. Instead he takes a sip of whatever's in his cup. You're pretty sure it's tea. Frankly, you can't stand the stuff. You're a coffee girl. When he sets the cup down you notice that it doesn't make a clink sound or anything on the table. "I saw you're concert last night. It was… inspiring."

"What?" You blink at the apparent non sequitur. "Uh… no offense but you don't look like the sort of person that enjoys punk music."

That gets a chuckle out of him. It sounds warm, almost fatherly. "True, it's not my usual taste but I think you can consider me a fan. There was something different about you. Everyone else seemed like they were all about breaking things. You sang about fixing them." You're surprised. Of everyone, you didn't think the person to get your music would be someone like this.

He pauses to take another sip of tea and again he manages to not make a sound putting down his cup. For some reason that really bothers you. Nobody could possibly be that gentle, right? It's such a small thing though and you quickly forget it when he starts talking again.

"If you'll let me, I'd like to see if my assessment of you is right. If I'm wrong or if offend you in some way, say so. I'll walk out of your life and never bother you again. Okay?" You're still not sure what this guy is on about but your curiosity is outweighing your suspicions, for now at least. You nod and he continues. "You're the sort of person that can't say no to someone in need. If someone comes to you with trouble, you'll do your best to see them though it. But it's not just that you have a hard time saying no. You actually go out and look for the problems of the world, big and small, and do what you can to fix them. But at the same time you're not naïve. Idealism without blind optimism, hope tempered by practicality, that's you. You're the sort of person that needs to help people."

You glare at him. He raises an eyebrow. "Am I wrong?"

You sigh explosively. "All right, fine. I'll bite. Yeah, I want to be a hero."

His smile grows wide. "Walk with me." He says and then he just gets up, leaving his tea on the table, steam wafting off of it. It takes you a moment but you hurriedly rush to repack your notebooks into your messenger bag and get up. You rush to catch up with the man in white and when you reach the door he's there holding it open for you. You huff in annoyance, you're not some princess that needs to be pampered and babied after all, but he just smiles. He really does seem to be just that nice. Irritatingly nice.

You let the man in white lead you and the two of you wind up on the Boardwalk. It's still rather early and the winter chill is keeping people in their homes, so it's not hard for the two of you to find a lonely portion to have your talk. The man in white leans up against the guardrail overlooking the bay and you join him. As he begins to talk you cup your hands and breath into them, hoping to warm them up.

"I've seen things." He starts off. "Incredible things. Horrible things. Things you wouldn't believe. But I can show you." He holds his hand out, palm up. You watch in awe as a small ball of light appears from nowhere in the air above his hand. It's about the size of a baseball and the light it gives off is warm and comforting. Basking in its glow, you can feel small aches and pains gained from living as a starving musician leave your body, replaced with a subtle energy. You don't just feel better physically but spiritually as well, the light washing away years of accumulated stress.

And then he closes his hand and the light is gone. But the warmth in you remains. You look at up at the man, eyes wide. "W-What was that?"

His answer is another smile, this one more sad than anything else. "Power, something I'm willing to grant you as well. There is a world where this sort of power is common. It's also a world slowly crumbling away into the abyss. Powers may be common, but heroes, real heroes, not just people with powers fighting criminals, are not. That is my offer. I would like to give you power so you can be a hero and protect that world."
"W-will I be able to do that as will? With the light?" You ask. You mind is reeling. Superpowers, alternate worlds, heroes? It all sounds like a comic book or a fantasy novel. If you hadn't seen that light yourself then you would have dismissed the man as a quack. But you did and so as unreal as it sounds, you believe him.

"Maybe. Probably not. Everyone gets something different but some are similar."

You have a million other questions. Will getting power hurt? How are you going to get to the other world? Did he give the other people their powers too? If not, where did they come from? But as you look at the man in white you realize that even if you asked, he's not going to give you any more answers. You need to make your choice, so you do.

"Tch. Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you." The man speaks quietly but it's the most sincere, genuine thank you anyone has ever given you. He waves his hand a portal appears out of nowhere. "Well then, Anne-Rose, if you'd like to step through this door we can get started."

Oh. My. Glob. Yes.

Oh, and any guesses who the man in white is?

Hero maybe? Or perhaps Legend.

Last edited:
Zion, probably. But he isn't really... human looking. Abbadon with a Stranger power?

Friendly man in a nice suit who only wants to help? Obviously the devil.
...Fair.
I notice you didn't say no...
No,I did not.
He is putting her in Hell, after all.
Earth Bet isn't quite that bad. For the most part. Certain parts of it however...
Glenn Chambers as Doctor Father!
...You get a funny.
Zion, probably. But he isn't really... human looking. Abbadon with a Stranger power?
Good guesses.

Back