RexHeller's Plot Bunny Thread

The New Request System
LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND ANYONE ELSE STILL HERE! A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

After over a month of waiting since I said I'd do a quick revamp of the request system, I have finally gotten around to it. The revamp is functionally finished. There is a minor aspect that still needs to be done, but it doesn't impact your ability to make requests. And that means.... REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN! WOOOOOOO!

Here's how it works now. In the opening post, there used to be a big ass list of all my story ideas. It took ages to scroll through it, you couldn't really find anything unless you already knew what you were looking for and most of the ideas were untitled. That eyesore is now gone, replaced with a link to a Google Sheet with all the ideas listed out. Each story now has its own title, there are standardized tags you can search for and each one has a summary (of varying quality but whatever), each nicely separated into their own columns for ease of reading. In the future, there will also be links to each chapter, so people can read them if they're browsing the list and something catches their eye. This is more a convenience thing, since threadmarks do mostly the same thing, so that's why they're going to wait.

Anyway, none of that actually tells you how to make requests. I'll get to that now. In addition to the link to the story list, the opening post will now have a new Request List. Everybody who makes a request will have their username and the story they want added to the list. Then, everyday, I'll pick one of the requests from the list and write a chapter for it. The person that made the request then gives me the feedback I need to survive and gets to make a new request. Their new request replaces their old one on the list and the cycle continues. You can also change your request at any time, just tell me what you want.

With the requests system up and running now, feel free to start making them again. I'll wait until tomorrow so I can hopefully get a good selection to choose from and I'll start my daily writing again.

Cheers!

Back