RexHeller's Plot Bunny Thread

Oh, and if anyone has any cool ideas for powers Anne could have, feel free to share them. Right now I just have super-learning and messing with people's perceptions of time.

An idea for worm that will probably be a quest at some point. The main character is a teenage Annette Rose Hebert from another universe. Although she got picked up in the eighties, she'll be dropped off on earth bet near canon. I have a few vote options in mind already, like exactly when she arrives in canon and what powers she has. Sound interesting?

Oh, this will be fun.

Oh and a third power. You know how in anime they sometimes have energy spikes or something that act like their solid? Like, punching through concrete and pining people to walls and such? Think something like that mixed with Legend's lasers. Ex: Fire a freeze spike into the ground and it emits a freeze aura in the area around it.

Oh and a third power. You know how in anime they sometimes have energy spikes or something that act like their solid? Like, punching through concrete and pining people to walls and such? Think something like that mixed with Legend's lasers. Ex: Fire a freeze spike into the ground and it emits a freeze aura in the area around it.
Not going full support character/spy, eh?

Oh, and if anyone has any cool ideas for powers Anne could have, feel free to share them. Right now I just have super-learning and messing with people's perceptions of time.
Y'know, there's a lot to be said for good 'ol telekinesis. It allows for all kinds of fun applications.
Hell, in an RPG I ran once a character did all of his superheroing from the comfort of his recliner (with built-in cooler!) he just flew the damn thing around, wrapped in in a TK-force field and kicked some ass. Sometimes he didn't even bother with a costume beyond the mask. You haven't seen a humiliated villain 'til you've seen one that got beaten by a guy in his pajamas and bathrobe, kicked back in a Laz-E-Boy and sipping a beer.:p

Another thought. A swarm of variably sized spherical force fields that can be sensed through and fire energy beams.

Y'know, there's a lot to be said for good 'ol telekinesis. It allows for all kinds of fun applications.
Hell, in an RPG I ran once a character did all of his superheroing from the comfort of his recliner (with built-in cooler!) he just flew the damn thing around, wrapped in in a TK-force field and kicked some ass. Sometimes he didn't even bother with a costume beyond the mask. You haven't seen a humiliated villain 'til you've seen one that got beaten by a guy in his pajamas and bathrobe, kicked back in a Laz-E-Boy and sipping a beer.:p

Another thought. A swarm of variably sized spherical force fields that can be sensed through and fire energy beams.
Firing energy beams might be a bit to overpowered. I do prefer to stick to street level stuff. I like the force bubbles idea.

Okay, I did some thinking and I'll go with time perception manipulation, energy spikes and force bubbles for the powers. I'd like at least 5 options, though I'll settle for 4 if I have to. I do need at least on brute power though, in case people just want to punch stuff.

I'm also thinking about insertion points for Anne-rose. Right now I'm thinking, Locker, Alley, When Jack Slash grabs Bonesaw and Taylor's first night out. If any one has any other good ideas, feel free to share them.

When Jack Slash grabs Bonesaw
Now there's something that isn't done much. (Except for that one time when Riley was the tiniest solar.)
I'd like at least 5 options, though I'll settle for 4 if I have to. I do need at least on brute power though, in case people just want to punch stuff.
Brute power, you say? How about attaching/absorbing objects onto her skin? (Something along the lines of what I'm doing with Ironheart, and I can throw a better version of that your way too if you'd like.)

Brute power, you say? How about attaching/absorbing objects onto her skin? (Something along the lines of what I'm doing with Ironheart, and I can throw a better version of that your way too if you'd like.)
Mmm, nah. I was thinking about giving her a sort of changer power to create a bug carapace with wings and super strength as a link to Skitter but I'm not so sure.

Mmm, nah. I was thinking about giving her a sort of changer power to create a bug carapace with wings and super strength as a link to Skitter but I'm not so sure.
Could work.

Well, I'm enjoying playing with the ideas of her being right next to Riley, so: How about a bio-Tinker specialty? Organic weapons and armor, perhaps? Maybe with a focus on plants?

Nope. The power would be split into two parts, manipulating others' sense of time and manipulating Anne-Rose's. The first part would speed up the target's perception of time, making it look to them like the world around them was moving extremely fast. Also, they would move slower themselves because the brain would be tricked into thinking it's moving at the right speed and moving as fast as the world around it would damage the body, so the body automatically restrains it's movements to what it thinks is a safe speed, which is actually really slow.

Example 1: A mugger tries to stab Anne-rose and she uses this power on him, slowing him down so she can dodge and punch him out. From an outside perspective it looks like the mugger is moving super slow for no reason. From his perspective it looks like she's dodging at superspeed and he's moving normally.
Example 2: Kaiser is trying to grow metal under Anne's feet to stab her. The metal still grows at the same speed it always does because it's not a part of Kaiser's body. However, he keeps aiming in the wrong spot because from his perspective, Anne is moving to fast to track, even though she's just running around at normal speed.

The second part of the power slows down Anne's perspective of time, allowing her to see things like bullets being fired from guns and other such things. It also boosts her reaction time to match her perspective, allowing her to feel like she moving normally while the world has slowed down. However, this is hard on the body and can only be used in short bursts. She can dodge a single bullet, not dance in between individual bullets from a burst of an AK.
Well, I'm enjoying playing with the ideas of her being right next to Riley, so: How about a bio-Tinker specialty? Organic weapons and armor, perhaps? Maybe with a focus on plants?
Also not something I'm interested in for this particular quest.

I do need at least on brute power though, in case people just want to punch stuff.
I'm having trouble describing what I want to say succinctly, so I'll just lay out the effects.

It's kinda like control of gravity, in that she can fall upward or to the side or whatever, or just become very lightweight. But it also includes control of force or effect, either multiplying or dividing the effect of force/impact on herself or others she touches.

Upshot is, she can bounce/fall around like the most demented dreams of a parkour enthusiast, hit like a truck and take hits like a champ.

I'm having trouble describing what I want to say succinctly, so I'll just lay out the effects.

It's kinda like control of gravity, in that she can fall upward or to the side or whatever, or just become very lightweight. But it also includes control of force or effect, either multiplying or dividing the effect of force/impact on herself or others she touches.

Upshot is, she can bounce/fall around like the most demented dreams of a parkour enthusiast, hit like a truck and take hits like a champ.
Neat. I like it.

So I have an idea but it's probable that it's been done before. Has anyone ever seen Taylor with Coil's power?

Psychic Aliens that are so cutting edge with their tech it seems like magic to some extent. The Nerazim are a group that wanted freedom in individuality so they got exiled a while back, but they've rejoined their brethren. Stealthy guys that look like this:

For reference, here's how their regular counterparts look like:

Back