RexHeller's Plot Bunny Thread

I know you don't need it any more
but Madokami smiles upon you. What that means in regards to a goddess with the mind of a fourteen year old I don't know but she does.
Thanks. Oh and I don't know but in one of your quests someone said that someone needed to make a Zafira quest. That got me thinking and I'm kicking around a few ideas for one.

Need to sleep before work, could someone reinforce Notes/Prima Donna for tomorrow?

Tomorrow is you folks. Or is it today? Blasted timezones. Rexheller's midnight is about 2 in the afternoon here and I got stuff to run today....

Hopefully tomorrow then? (Small spark of optimism)

Swords and Heroes
Swords and Heroes
Sometimes things are easy and sometimes thing are hard. Sometimes things go by fast and sometimes they take awhile. Sometimes, when searching for your beloved older sister and the man she ran way with, you get lucky and find them immediately. Sometimes it takes years and years of sleepless nights looking through dusty files, only to come across a autopsy report that crushes your only hope of seeing her again.

And so it was for Miho Miki. Years ago, when she and her older sister were still teenagers, her sister had fallen for a handsome young man. He was kind, gentle and hardworking but since he didn't have much of an education Miho's mother had disapproved of him. So Miho's sister eloped with him, running off into the wide world without even saying goodbye. Miho had always looked up to her sister, so much so that she had even named her daughter after her, and so her when her sister ran off it broke Miho's heart. She didn't blame Sayaka of course, she knew how powerful it was to be in love, but that didn't mean that she didn't want to see her again. And so as soon as she could, Miho started searching for her sister.

It's almost impossible for people to live without leaving a paper trail and Miho's job as a civil servant granted her a lot of access to a lot of paper and what she couldn't get her hands on herself, she had the connections to get others to look it up for her. Mostly she looked at tax and employment records. It was hard though, as her sister and her husband apparently moved around a lot, never staying in one place for very long. Still, Miho followed the trail, following her beloved sister's life one file folder at a time. Sometimes it was months before Miho would find pieces of her sisters life but that was fine. Even though she had missed everything, Miho was still able to experience the important events of her sister's life in away: the cheap, fast wedding, the purchase of a first house, and most importantly, the birth of Miho's nephew. That particular photo was a favorite of Miho's and never failed to make her smile.

But then the trail ended. Try as she might, Miho couldn't find the next step in the path that was her sister's life. It was if that small, happy family had dropped off the face of the earth. But Miho didn't give up and after years of dead ends and no leads, Miho finally found mention of her sister in the last place she ever wanted to find it. It was official: Sayaka Miki had died in a fire almost twenty years ago.

When she discovered that, Miho spent the entire night crying. It was almost as bad as when her husband had died. Miho had always held on to the hope that one day she would be able to catch up to her sister and find out where she was living in the present and reconnect with her. But that dream was dead now and had been for fifteen years, she just hadn't know it. How was she supposed to introduce Sayaka to the incredible woman she had been named after now? Where was the happy reunion? The knowledge that Miho would never again hold her sister in her arms, never again see her spectacular smile in person, was devastating.

But there was still one shred of hope. Miho's sister might be dead and so was her husband but the report made no mention of their son. Maybe, just maybe he had survived. And so Miho went looking, diving back into the records and documents. She pored over police reports, hospital records adoption papers, anything she thought might help her find the missing boy. And finally she found something: a hand-written note, scribbled in the margin of something almost completely unrelated to her search. But it was enough. Miho had a name now and soon she had an address to go with it.

+++

In most houses it's the wife that cooks, cleans and does other chores around the house. Not so in this household. Here, it was the husband that took care of the house, in part because his wife's skills lay elsewhere and in part because he genuinely enjoyed them. In particular, he was extremely proud of his ability in the kitchen. Of course, that wasn't the only odd thing about this household but those other oddities could come later.

And so it was on an ordinary morning that he received extraordinary news. He had already prepared breakfast for his family, including the required fresh cup of coffee for his wife. The morning tidying was done. The last thing he had to do was get the mail.

As he walked back to the kitchen where his family was eating he was flipping through the mail and something caught his eye amongst the junk mail and bills. Opening the envelope up, he ran his eyes over the neatly hand-written letter and froze. His family, clearly able to see something was up turned to look at him with concern.

"What's wrong?" His wife asked.

Shirou Emiya turned to his family, shaking slightly and with tears in his eyes, and smiled. "I have a cousin. Her name is Sayaka."

Needs a lot of work but I figured I'd actually write something where Sayaka was related to Shirou. This would probably just end up being WAFF. I don't know, maybe I can work a plot into there somewhere.

Sometimes things are easy and sometimes thing are hard.
things
Sometimes it takes years and years of sleepless nights looking through dusty files, only to come across a autopsy report that crushes your only hope of seeing her again.
an
and so her when her sister ran off it broke Miho's heart.
extra word?
Sometimes it was months before Miho would find pieces of her sisters life but that was fine.
sister's
Miho was still able to experience the important events of her sister's life in away:
a way
It was if that small, happy family had dropped off the face of the earth.
as if
But that dream was dead now and had been for fifteen years, she just hadn't know it.

known

So that just leaves the question as to what Shirou's family situation is at the moment since it's obvious he is married to someone and hopefully this is a timeline where Illya isn't dead yet.

Well, out of the main timelines the only one where Illya survives is also the only one where Shirou doesn't get to stay with his love - the Fate route. The timeframe of the scene is 10 years post-War, which makes it plausible for Shirou and Rin to get hitched, but that feels off to me. With Sakura, I could believe it, but it's potentially also the most awkward to use given his lack of his usual body.

Odd musings, is all. Rex probably already knows who it is.

Magisch Mädchen Madoka Magier
Magisch Mädchen Madoka Magier
It was Homura Akemi's first day of school and she was understandably quite nervous. A shy and unassuming girl who stuttered when she talked, Homura had never been the best at making friends even before her extended hospital stay. Now she was going to a new school in a new city and she was going to be meeting entirely new people and probably learning an entirely new curriculum too. Combine that with the fact that her heart was still recovering from surgery and that she was pretty out of shape and all that added up to a lot of stress for the violet-eyed young girl.

However, the thing that worried Homura the most was the specific school she was going to. Mitakihara Private Academy, formerly known as Mitakihara Middle School, was one of the so-called "Magic Academies" that the government had created all across the country. These schools were the best of the best and there were only two ways to get into them. One was to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a tuition fee or to have the potential to become a Magical Girl. That was so that the government would have an easier time of finding Magical Girls and reaching out to them when they made their wishes.

What exactly marked a girl as a potential Magical Girl wasn't public knowledge but it was apparently easy to test for and was actually one of the standard medical tests for any girl between the ages of ten and sixteen years old about to undergo a major surgery, just like the sort that Homura had just been through. Homura had been tested as a matter of course and she was surprised to find that yes, she did have the potential to become a Magical Girl. And with that news came the recruitment pitch. A stern man in a nice suit came and talked to her about switching schools. At the time Homura had just wanted him to go away so she could get some sleep and so had agreed to whatever he had said. Even if she hadn't been recovering from surgery and tired to the bone she likely would have agreed. After all, it wasn't like she had strong personal ties to her old school and going with the flow was so much easier. Attending a Magic Academy wasn't legally required if you had the potential after all, just highly recommended. With her agreement her parents had been contacted and she had been set to attend her new school before she even got out of the hospital.

While it had seemed like a good idea at the time, Homura couldn't help but wish she had said no back then. While it was unlikely that the school itself would be attacked, Homura had done her research and Mitakihara suffered an unusually high amount of Daemon attacks and only had two Magical Girls to defend the town. Of course, those two Magical Girls were very good at what they did according to what she'd been able to look up, if they weren't they would have received back up long ago, but Homura was from Tokyo, where Daemon attacks were rare and they had over twenty Magical Girls all working together to keep the city safe.

Still, it wasn't like Homura could just change her mind and go back home. She had no home to go back to. She lived mostly on her own since her parents spent most of their time on business overseas. Since she had been old enough to take care of herself, Homura had been living on her own in a small apartment meant for one person. It was the only property her family even owned in Japan, that was how little her parents came home. And when her parents received news of Homura's transfer they had sold her old apartment and bought her a new one in Mitakihara and moved her few possessions there, all without actually reentering the country. The new apartment was almost exactly the same as her old one too, which didn't help Homura when she looked out her window expecting to see the familiar Tokyo skyline.

And so with a heavy heart and no other choice, Homura went to school. When she got there she was intimidated by both how large and futuristic the school building was and by the security system out front. If it was ever in doubt that the government was doing it's best to protect potential Magical Girls, those doubts were put to rest by the id scanners, metal detectors and huge steel fence outside the school. Homura passed by them without incident but that didn't mean she enjoyed it.

In the school building proper Homura quickly found the teachers' lounge, mostly through luck. Inside was a small, soft looking woman in a cardigan scribbling furiously at some paper or other. Homura was deathly afraid to interrupt but being late for class would be even worse so she bit the bullet and knocked on the door frame. "Um, e-excuse me?"

The woman looked up from her work, looking surprised before smiling at Homura. "Hello dear. Need something?"

"Um… I-I'm Homura A-Akemi… It's my first day here?"

"Oh!" The woman, who is almost definitely a teacher now that Homura thinks about it, gets up and quickly walks over. "So you're the new transfer student. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Kazuko Saotome and I'll be your new Homeroom teacher."

"Oh. H-Hello." Homura stuttered out before bowing.

"Now, since you're here early, would you like a tour around the school?" Miss Saotome asked and after thinking for a second, Homura nodded. "Okay great. Let's- Oh but I have to get this marking done before class…" Miss Saotome trailed off and frowned for several minutes. Just as Homura was about to ask if something was wrong though, Miss Saotome hit the palm of her hand with her fist. "I know! Just one second Miss Akemi."

Walking over to the door, Miss Saotome peeked her head out into the hallway. Apparently she found what she was looking for because from where Homura was standing it looked like her face broke into a wide smile. "Excellent! Madoka, would you step inside for a moment? I have a task for you."

Homura blinked in surprise when she saw the girl that entered the teachers' lounge. She wasn't exactly what Homura would have expected from a girl attending a prestigious private school. Slightly shorter than Homura, the girl had her pink hair pulled back into a short ponytail with two messy bangs framing the sides of her face. The color of her sharp eyes matched her hair and there was a bandage stuck to her face on her right cheek. In addition to the standard uniform the girl wore dark black stockings with a few tears in them and had a pair of fingerless gloves on her hands. However, what struck Homura most was the girl's attitude. She seemed to radiate lazy confidence and subtle rebellion. This was the sort of person that did what they did because they wanted to, to because someone told her too.

Which was why Homura was surprised when the girl did as Miss Saotome requested. "Sure. What'cha need?"

Miss Saotome gestured towards Homura. "This is Homura Akemi. She'll be joining your class today and I was hoping you could show her around campus before class."

"No problem." The girl, Madoka Miss Saotome had called her, turned to Homura and Homura flinched. "Nice to meet'cha Homura. Name's Madoka Kaname."

"Um…" Homura tried to meet Madoka's eyes but couldn't. Instead she just looked at the floor. "N-nice t-to meet you t-to."

"A shy one, huh? Well that's okay, you'll get used to the school soon. Want to get going?" Madoka asked. "We'll have to hurry if you want to see everything before we need to get to class." Homura nodded silently. "All right, let's go."

As it turned out, Homura had little reason to be scared of Madoka. While at first the girl seemed sort of like some kind of delinquent, Madoka soon proved to be intelligent, friendly and kind. She knew a lot about the school and seemed to know exactly what Homura's questions where going to be before she asked them. On the few occasions Homura did need to ask something, Madoka was always patient with her, waiting for Homura to finish her question without interruption, no matter how much Homura stuttered. As the tour started to wind down, Homura was starting to think that maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Unfortunately that was when the screaming started.

So this was the first reflection of PMMM I came up with, several months before the Burning Spirit setting, and I wanted to write it. I had intended it to go on quite a bit longer but this was approaching 1500 words already and I have other things to do so I though I'd post what I have already.

Unfortunately, I've lost all my notes on this one but I still remember most of it. In this world Kyubey only found earth thirty years ago and decided to go with a more public plan. Instead of Witches, there are monsters that are called Daemons running about wrecking the place. They live in the physical world and cause physical damage instead of hiding in barriers but particularly strong ones or large groups of them can warp reality around them, turning the area around them into a twisted landscape like a Barrier. Magical Girls are singularly public knowledge and work independently from the government but with government support. For example, they can call for police or military back up without having to obey the military.

Of the main characters, everyone has the flipped personalities to their canon selves, seen here with Moemura (who, while technically canon, doesn't act like that for most of them show while here she's going to stay moe the entire time) and rebel with a cause Madoka.

One of things I'm really missing from my notes is the design for Homura's costume. I can remember everyone else's pretty well but not hers. The magical girl outfits are flipped too. Where as in the show every outfit had a lot of white in it and where fairly traditional, here they're more futuristic, with black body suits underneath high-tech looking armor. For example, Mami's outfit consists of a visor with a HUD, armor on her upper chest as opposed to her corset in canon, bracers covering her entire lower arms instead of detached sleeves, metal boots and Archer's butt cape thing instead of a skirt. If anyone has any suggestions on what Homura's outfit could be I'd be really thankful because right now I'm drawing a blank. I'd like it to be a counter point to her canon outfit if possible.

Last edited:
Back