[X] Yes, immediate payment (+50% bonus Military Influence replaced with variable Economy and/or Science Influence generation)

[X] Alexander

For GREATNESS THAT HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN FOR GENERATIONS!

[X] Yes, immediate payment (+50% bonus Military Influence replaced with variable Economy and/or Science Influence generation)
[X] Alan
[X] 18 Culture Influence

That and what we make from the region should let us build a Barracks and the Fey Lab in Turn 9 and still have enough over to build a Factory in Turn 10, if we're lucky we can start recruiting in Turn 10 as well without jeopardising the build of the Caravan.

I see no reason not to go whole hog on culture
The only reason not to is the possibility that we might lose another two points to events, or something. We'll need all but one of this turn's income for the Fey Lab.

I don't think that's a huge risk, but only spending, say, 16 or 14 could be understandable, given how badly we're being stressed by the cube.

[X] Aegon

Let there be Egg!

(In ASOIAF one of the King Aegons was an awesome populist who's nickname was Egg)

Figuring...

[X] Yes, immediate payment
[X] 13 Culture Influence
[X] Kafit
Aabcehmu threw 1 3-faced dice. Reason: Deal Total: 1
1 1
Aabcehmu threw 1 23-faced dice. Reason: Drive Total: 13
13 13
Aabcehmu threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Name, First Syllable Total: 95
95 95
Aabcehmu threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Name, Second Syllable Total: 18
18 18
Aabcehmu threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Name, Third Syllable Total: 80
80 80

Last edited:
Names so far:

Alan x3
Robert
Zelbert
Alexander
Aegon
Kafit

I'm really not that fond of Alan. Kinda like Aegon given we've got dragons around.

After hitting a random name generator on Google, I found 'Maurus'

It's definitely a bit weird, but I figure it's more fantasy-esque. A plain, modern version might be Marcus.

how much would fate fuck with our son if we were to name him Max?

after all our great grandpa max died in a pretty shitty way and then theres also the more meta fact that mags exists at all

[X] Alan
[X] 18 Culture Influence

[X] Alexander
[X] 18 Culture Influence

Alexander Stone is an amazing name.

I just really don't like Alan. And why the fixation on A-names? Alan, Alexander, Aegon... The other letters need some love too!

[X] Alexander
[X] 18 Culture Influence

[X] Drago

We have so many Dragon Killers that we may as well have someone named after one. Surely, a terrifying figure he'll be in his mech suit.

The name seems as if it is mostly cosmetic, but there may be the potential to win some favor with it. The obvious choice there is making Anna a happy grandma with Max, but that might be a bit too obvious or even something which has happened repeatedly before. Are there any alternatives?

Wodehouse? He was a really big player in the early days, was among the least dickish of the nobles, and his daughter is pretty much the patron saint of the South Woods Company with associative ties with actual saint Mirande.

I'm a little surprised that the choice wasn't taken out of player hands with "Sandy". Of course, on the meta level, we appear to be headed towards Alexander anyway...

Last edited:
[X] Alexander

[X] Maximilian
[X] 18 Culture Influence

What was the name of Anna's Dad again anyways?

[X] Maximilian
[X] 18 Culture Influence

What was the name of Anna's Dad again anyways?
Anna's dad was Max; not sure if it was short for that or not. I'd potentially like to name the boy after Max's father - do we know that?

[X] Joseph
[X] 18 Culture Influence

Yeah I like the sound of that, at least for the moment.

[X] Joseph
[X] 18 Culture Influence

[X] Yes, subtle payment (+50% bonus Military Influence replaced with bonus to Baron Adler fulfilling his ambition and you receiving the rewards for assisting)
[X] 18 Culture

Back