You've Got to keep BOTH Eyes Open (A Nick Fury Shield Quest)

Hey Ladies, I understand some of you know Howard's kid, anyway, I met a bright young man while I was jogging, and he needs a part time job... Good kid, hard working, and young Stark must have some idea what you can with "unstable ultratensile fibers."

Thank fuck.

Maybe now SHIELD can stop carrying the world on its back with almost no help.
Don't worry more of them will be coming out of the Woodworks, its just taking them a while to actually do anything important.

The fact Monarch now can deal with Sauron now is a good thing...and Kong now has something to smash to pieces.
Hey Ladies, I understand some of you know Howard's kid, anyway, I met a bright young man while I was jogging, and he needs a part time job... Good kid, hard working, and young Stark must have some idea what you can with "unstable ultratensile fibers."
Peter's not going to Intern with us...he has to be Spiderman.

So, Monarch has something that, at least for now is posative for them....
"Don't go saying I'm back yet, I'm not allowed to say that yet..So much paperwork left to do." He said with a beaming smile. "How about a deal? I'll walk you home, and stay for a drink of water and answer your questions, and this will be our little secret." He winked, a winning one.

You felt everything rush all at once. "How?"

"Turns out I got friends in high places."
And we got ourselves in contact with Peter Parker. The one which I seem to recall in at least one verse, having to develop a gadget to actually be able to shoot his own web...
At this rate, we are gonna turn into a geek convention, With all the gadgets and toys one would expect from a near-mad scientist convention.(Only near, because they actually collaborate.... For better or worse.)

And we got ourselves in contact with Peter Parker. The one which I seem to recall in at least one verse, having to develop a gadget to actually be able to shoot his own web...
Yep and its FUN!
At this rate, we are gonna turn into a geek convention, With all the gadgets and toys one would expect from a near-mad scientist convention.(Only near, because they actually collaborate.... For better or worse.)
Just wait til Halo Comes out, Nick will never shut up about it.

Yep and its FUN!

Just wait til Halo Comes out, Nick will never shut up about it.
...And we happen to be in a position where we kinda can do basically a SPARTAN program minus the ethically turbo-questionable parts. We got power armor, we got a super serum, we just need to design a power armor version for our Super Soldiers, improve the formula, and we will start to get closer to SPARTAN level shenanigans. :V

...And we happen to be in a position where we kinda can do basically a SPARTAN program minus the ethically turbo-questionable parts. We got power armor, we got a super serum, we just need to design a power armor version for our Super Soldiers, improve the formula, and we will start to get closer to SPARTAN level shenanigans. :V
Indeed, but we'll have to hope Time Travel won't be a thing...at least for a while.

Okay, what in Stan Lees name is going on with Bungee? Because that read like an acid trip. Are you gonna tell me Marathon was also inspired by prosthetic dreams and there is an eldritch god in Yucatan a lone marine needs to kill with a nuke after battling through extra dimensional horrors and a crazed nazi expedition?

Okay, what in Stan Lees name is going on with Bungee?
They had a Marvel Comic in 2006 plus more in the future, so their fair game.
Because that read like an acid trip.
Good, I had to get really really tired to make it seem like a dream of nodding off.
. Are you gonna tell me Marathon was also inspired by prosthetic dreams and there is an eldritch god in Yucatan a lone marine needs to kill with a nuke after battling through extra dimensional horrors and a crazed nazi expedition?
Pathway into Darkness already happened, we won.

And Marathon is...its own thing...currently.

Infinites Timeline hopping makes canon...difficult.

Pathway into Darkness already happened, we won.
I noticed that by the virtue of Earth still being here. But good to know every star in the sky has the potential of being the prison of an eldritch god that can only be killed by blowing up a supernova right in its face and makes reality and time unravel by its very presence.

I wonder how the various space civilisations of Marvel deal with one when they stumble on it.

Wonder how Peter will become Spiderman now, with no radioactive spider bite (for now).

Will he take SSS, develop his web shooters, and then become an alt-Spiderman who has the webs but can't climb walls?

Actually, Pete's smart enough to make a Van Der Waals suit. As long as he has something at least marginally similar to Reed's unstable molecule fabric anyways. So, yeah, he could totally become an alt- Spiderman.

Problem. Pete is at all points of his life an utter heel. There isn't really anything heroic about him. His impetus in most comic lines is that he does Spiderman as penitence for the death of his Uncle because of his back-hole attitude. I'd even take it one step further and posit that his behavior is actually a very angst driven suicidal depression. (I mean, in a few comic lines, Flash bullied Pete because Pete, publicly, asked Flash's girlfriend to go out with him. Without any indication that Flash and the girl were fighting, and acknowledging that she was dating Flash... what would you call that action? Before he was Spiderman! ) There's a reason that Pete becomes The Lizard in Spider Gwen timelines.

But. As long as Steve keeps in touch. He might be able to undo a lot of Ben's brainwashing that was driving Pete into suicidal depression. So... who knows? We might actually get a more mentally stable, and sound Spiderman; if Steven keeps up the correspondence?

{Edit} Nope. Peter only looks better in comparison to other Male Marvel heroes because he isn't as bad as the vast majority of them. But he is still a back-hole like the rest of them. He just has a reason to pull back when he's reminded about why he's playing Spiderman. Sometimes he does do heroic things, yes. But in those instances it's a near certain death that he's surprised he lived through. And then grumps about living through it. We're to assume it's because of still having to hold a job because he can't say "I just risked my life to save ever so many people. Can I take a few days to heal?" But if you look at it through the lens of a depressed suicidal, it takes on a whole darker lean.

Last edited:
Back