Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

"There is no Tiamet. There is no Bahamut. There is Only Taylor, First of Her Name, Queen of Escalation, Lady of Suffering, Conqueror of Cities, Destroyer of Minds and Spittoon of the Local Dimensional Cluster."

Quetzalcoatl is a, quote, 'Flying Feathered Serpent' and is depicted as possessing wings.
I think that counts.
It is a snake with feathers, no wings and no legs or claws. It does not count. The wings were are a Spanish addition.

There are no wings or claws. The only other images are when the god is in Humanoid form.

Last edited:
A 'Dragon' is a combination of multiple real-world creatures, usually using a serpent as a base. They represent an uncontrollable value (usually nature, such as storms), strength and power. Sometimes nobility.
The origins of a dragon are usually benevolent, or at least benign, and used as a method to teach a social value of some kind.
Post-christianity Europe is unique in having malevolent dragons, due to it demonising other cultures that it came across. Most notable are the Persian and Anglo-Saxon dragons, who became the image of, quite literally, the devil, before the Greek god Pan was used. Both societies used the dragon as a symbol of fertility and nobility.

So yes, the Quetzalcoalt is a dragon.

Bahumat is a giant fish.

And Tiamat is an ancient sea goddess, not a dragon-though she was sometimes depicted as a sea serpent, so...

Last edited:
By that logic, Chinese dragons aren't dragons either, because they too are long and serpentine, with no wings.
There is a Big bloody difference there lad. Quetzalcoatl is a snake. It does not have the shell like scales of dragons.

This guy gets it! In any case, the title of 'dragon' means more than just a four legged scaly monster with wings and firebreathing - there are whatdayyacallthem, connotations to the word.

Deeper sigh. The hell with it. Bloody kids.

This is a bloody Long

This is a Persian Dragon specifically the legend of Rustam and the Dragon: As transcribed by 15th century Arab scholars.
This is an Indian Dragon

Last edited:
There is a Big bloody difference there lad. Quetzalcoatl is a snake. It does not have the shell like scales of dragons.

Deeper sigh. The hell with it. Bloody kids.

This is a bloody Long

This is a Persian Dragon specifically the legend of Rustam and the Dragon: As transcribed by 15th century Arab scholars.
This is an Indian Dragon

You will also note that all of them are based on snakes and that both the Indian Dragon and Asian Long are described as having snake (or fish-like in the case of the Japanese Lung) scales.

Last edited:
i got into this huge debate with my friends when shadowrun called Quetzalcoatl a dragon. on this very subject and at the end we agreed if shadowrun calls it a dragon than in shadowrun it is a dragon. so from that i get category's are defined by the people who use them and if we put Quetzalcoatl in the dragon category than there he belongs. he's close enough some people are going to say i pay my words to mean what i say and i say thee no Quetzalcoatl is no dragon. while others will say he's a big reptile with spiritual connotations who sometimes eats people and is frequently called a dragon. so must be a dragon. personally i think of him as a dragon cousin. he's close enough not to quibble with those who say dragon and far enough away for those who don't and both arguments have enough merit that there probly wont be a argument that can disprove one side so call him a dragon if you want. they're your words have em mean what you want.

Isn't Quetzalcoalt just a big, feathered snake? And isn't a dragon supposed to have some form of limbs? I havn't seen a dragon without limbs, that I can remember. I may be wrong, I'm far from being an expert, but that's just what I feel is right.

Isn't Quetzalcoalt just a big, feathered snake? And isn't a dragon supposed to have some form of limbs? I havn't seen a dragon without limbs, that I can remember. I may be wrong, I'm far from being an expert, but that's just what I feel is right.
If I remember correctly there are several celtic/gaelic/arturian 'wyrms' without limbs; too tired to go do research now.

[warning=Warning]This is an Automated Friendly Moderator Reminder to stop this derail. Please stop derailing the thread.

...Okay, I'm kidding. This is neither automated nor friendly. The derail on semantics ends now.[/warning]
Thank you violent kitty cat.

Hey, what sort of max altitude can Taylor reach? I mean, large creatures are supposed to be kind of bad in the oxygen circulation department, or something like that (I'm a biologist like my car's clean: not at all), so she might be having issues unless the shard is helping her out.

Thank you violent kitty cat.

Hey, what sort of max altitude can Taylor reach? I mean, large creatures are supposed to be kind of bad in the oxygen circulation department, or something like that (I'm a biologist like my car's clean: not at all), so she might be having issues unless the shard is helping her out.
An easy fix for that is to have a bird's oxygen circulation system. Connected to a bird's lungs are special air sacs, which allows for greater lung capacity than size would normally dictate, allowing them to more efficiently gain oxygen from high altitude environments.

An easy fix for that is to have a bird's oxygen circulation system. Connected to a bird's lungs are special air sacs, which allows for greater lung capacity than size would normally dictate, allowing them to more efficiently gain oxygen from high altitude environments.
I've learned my new thing for the day!

Also results in "Are you calling me fat?" "No, I'm saying you're filled with hot air." between Taylor and Vicky.

I'm still hoping for a mildly uncomfortable!Amy whenever she's interacting with Taylor....you know due to the fact that another person is able to do things with Victoria that she can't.

Back