Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

It's kinda hilarious to me that you pretty much spelled out what Armsmaster was thinking in bold like you were saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON IN HIS MIND RIGHT NOW! THERE ARE NO OTHER ALTERNATE INTERPRETATIONS TO GET FROM THIS SO STOP TRYING TO NITPICK EVERYTHING!"

But yeah, New Wave! Taylor is always a treat. Amy and Vicky are a lot more interesting compared to the Wards after all.

Oh, and the Pelham kids too. Mostly Laserdream though

Last edited:
Oh, Interesting a new chapter so soon @Ack! Does this mean we just have to have pages upon pages of people screaming at each other for or against your snip to get you to update? :p

Did you take my advice to change it from arresting to questioning, or was that something you had already done, and then I suggested it again for some dumb reason? Dur

Hmm, did you also change it from 'Deadly' force to 'Necessary' force? I like the change.

I liked getting to resee the first part of the last scene again from Armsmaster's viewpoint, quite pointedly it was to stop all the nitpicking, but I still enjoyed it quite a lot.
It's kinda hilarious to me that you pretty much spelled out what Armsmaster was thinking in bold like you were saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON IN HIS MIND RIGHT NOW! THERE ARE NO OTHER ALTERNATE INTERPRETATIONS TO GET FROM THIS SO STOP TRYING TO NITPICK EVERYTHING!"
Heh you noticed too? :p

The rest of the chapter was great, especially all the Vicky and Taylor interactions. God I can't wait till Amy pops up.

New update tomorrow? :cool:

Last edited:
He wasn't quite sure where this 'big red bird' thing would lead to. Probably a Case 53, with my luck.
"with his luck" you are in third person not first here.

It's his internal thought process, so first person.

Ack, reread the sentence. If it is my luck it should be I wasn't quite sure.

So either "I wasn't quite sure where this 'big red bird' thing would lead to. Probably a Case 53, with my luck."
or "He wasn't quite sure where this 'big red bird' thing would lead to. Probably a Case 53, with his luck." (or, knowing his luck)

Either one can be his internal though processes but you can do it either way, but not both at once. That just is jarring in a single paragraph.

I've heard people say New Wave is more interesting than the Wards, but for the life of me I can't see why. All they have going for them is that they're a dysfunctional family. Victoria and Sophia could have been besties if they'd met while beating Nazis. Contrary to fanon, Amy's a spiteful bitch who only cares about Victoria. Mark is even more ineffectual than Danny.

Meanwhile, the Pelhams are so nonexistent that you can do practically anything with them and no one can call you out on it. The most they might have going for them is that they could be a functional family.

I've heard people say New Wave is more interesting than the Wards, but for the life of me I can't see why. All they have going for them is that they're a dysfunctional family. Victoria and Sophia could have been besties if they'd met while beating Nazis. Contrary to fanon, Amy's a spiteful bitch who only cares about Victoria. Mark is even more ineffectual than Danny.

Meanwhile, the Pelhams are so nonexistent that you can do practically anything with them and no one can call you out on it. The most they might have going for them is that they could be a functional family.

I'm going to have to stop you right there.

Vicky and Sophia: Vicky honestly wants to do good, she just has zero self control. For someone with super strength, it's horribly dangerous, but she isn't intentionally cruel. Sophia is an outright sociopath. She doesn't care about other people and only protects people because she has to and it gives her an excuse to fight as often as possible..

Amy: Actually used to care about the people she helped before she started burning out. Is only bitchy to the Undersiders because they attacked her and her sister when she was being held hostage and she was on the end of a Tattletale mind fuck. She has legitimate reasons to dislike them, so of course she acts bitchy to them.

Mark: He's clinically depressed. Do you expect him to be fully functional? He has a mental illness for god's sake. And one completely unconnected to his powers too, which is rare for Worm.

Last edited:
Man, if Taylor gets a nightmare, I hope her bed can handle the weight.

How much does she weigh anyway as a wyvern? Or is it lol!physics as usual with capes.
Only a little bit more than her human weight. Her wings and tail add some mass, but not a huge amount.
So Lung got the QA shard, and the implication is that Taylor got Lung's shard. It doesn't seem to be a straight power swap, as Taylor got a dragon ability but not Lung's ability specifically, but (the cape formerly known as) Lung seems to have some kind of insect related power, going by the name. Which raises the question, what exactly can he do? Did he get Skitter's power, or a variation on it? Or is it actually completely different and just happens to involve insects?
We shall see what we shall see.
Sounds interesting ... do you have the link?

About Amy being jealous. ... Well wyvern!Taylor could always offer to be her flying mount. That'd be cool:cool:
Except that, as I keep having to point it, Taylor is the size of a teenage girl. Before her change, Amy is heavier than her.
Actually, that's due to the fact that there are only so many ways to differentiate one type of text from another.

When it's Taylor's PoV, I use italics for thought processes, and bold to emphasise words within that thought process.

When it's someone else's PoV, I keep third person, but use italics for everything, and bold for thought processes. When I need to emphasise a word within that thought process, I take away the italics.

Kinda clumsy, but it's what I've got to work with.

Amy: Good news Taylor, I've figured out a solution. I'll just have to grow you a bit bigger to fit all the new brain mass in...
Taylor: Wait, what now?
Oh, Interesting a new chapter so soon @Ack! Does this mean we just have to have pages upon pages of people screaming at each other for or against your snip to get you to update? :p

Did you take my advice to change it from arresting to questioning, or was that something you had already done, and then I suggested it again for some dumb reason? Dur
I believe that I may have followed your suggestion.

Hmm, did you also change it from 'Deadly' force to 'Necessary' force? I like the change.
Well, people were still screaming ...

I liked getting to resee the first part of the last scene again from Armsmaster's viewpoint, quite pointedly it was to stop all the nitpicking, but I still enjoyed it quite a lot.

Heh you noticed too? :p
Well, it wasn't quite for that reason, but I'll take serendipity where I can get it :p

The rest of the chapter was great, especially all the Vicky and Taylor interactions. God I can't wait till Amy pops up.

New update tomorrow? :cool:
... nope. Have to wait for it to come up in the voting round.
"with his luck" you are in third person not first here.

Ack, reread the sentence. If it is my luck it should be I wasn't quite sure.

So either "I wasn't quite sure where this 'big red bird' thing would lead to. Probably a Case 53, with my luck."
or "He wasn't quite sure where this 'big red bird' thing would lead to. Probably a Case 53, with his luck." (or, knowing his luck)

Either one can be his internal though processes but you can do it either way, but not both at once. That just is jarring in a single paragraph.
Okay. See the bolding? That's his internal thought process. The non-bolding? That's referring to his external thought process. I made a part of it bold to signify the fact that this was his actual thoughts, expressing on the page. The rest is just noting that he had those thoughts, without quoting them directly.

It's the difference between ...

His leg was hurting.

and

Crap,
he thought, my ankle's really killing me.

Okay. See the bolding? That's his internal thought process. The non-bolding? That's referring to his external thought process. I made a part of it bold to signify the fact that this was his actual thoughts, expressing on the page. The rest is just noting that he had those thoughts, without quoting them directly.

It's the difference between ...

His leg was hurting.

and

Crap, he thought, my ankle's really killing me.
Sorry Ack, I must have missed the bolding when I first read it. I was just trying to look out for you. I hope you don't mind.

Edit: I just looked at it again, I think it is because the entire section is in italics, the bolding on my view is almost hidden. It would be more prominent if you had removed the italics instead of bolding for that emphasis. But again, sorry for making a mountain out of something that is fine.

Last edited:
Sorry Ack, I must have missed the bolding when I first read it. I was just trying to look out for you. I hope you don't mind.

Edit: I just looked at it again, I think it is because the entire section is in italics, the bolding on my view is almost hidden. It would be more prominent if you had removed the italics instead of bolding for that emphasis. But again, sorry for making a mountain out of something that is fine.
Is all good.

In some views, bolding on italics shows up really well (ff.net, for instance). In this one, you have to look for it.

Ack, are... are you saying Taylor has the escalation portion of Lung's power too? :D Is she gonna grow into an even BIGGER wyvern if she gets pissed? You said yourself there's a precedent for her gaining mass already.

Ack, are... are you saying Taylor has the escalation portion of Lung's power too? :D Is she gonna grow into an even BIGGER wyvern if she gets pissed? You said yourself there's a precedent for her gaining mass already.
There is a very subtle hint that she's gonna become more powerful and versatile as she goes along, yes.

Getting bigger ... well, not impossible. :D

That's the beauty of basically every power the the Worm-Verse.

With enough creativity, every single one can get strong as long as you use it correctly.

If Khepri can be considered the Godform/Name of the Administrate Shard...
What would be a good name for the Dragon shard?

Tiamat? Bahamut? Quetzalcoatl?

I suppose there ain't a lack of options here.

Back