Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

Oh ho, what have we here?

I wonder what is the name of the leader of the Azn Bed Bugz.

Yeah, especially with Halbeard working on that super tranquilizer to deal with Lung.

Er wait, this is same day as the locker, so a couple months before the canon Worm start.

Still, should be hard to forget about Lung. And the start of this chapter nicely defuses the whole discussion about Armsmaster's screw up from before.

Last edited:
"with his luck" you are in third person not first here.
It's his internal thought process, so first person.

Well last time it was human, so that's a fair guess but I can see why she might tease Taylor about it anyway. I'm also amused at her reaction to the entire situation. She is waaay to into having herself a wyvern team mate. But that aside, Taylor joining New Wave makes a lot of sense. Both because it could be easy to out her, and if so she's already with the 'out' team, and because Glory Girl can trigger her at will until she learns to do it herself. The fact she can fly just like most of New Wave is only a bonus. Of course just as much as Vicky is pleased I suspect Amy may be a little bit jealous. Here's another GIRL getting her sisters attention, even if it's entirely platonic it's going to sting.
Hey, what can I say. Vicky thinks dragons are cool. (They're like dinosaurs, only they fly, look awesome, and breathe fire. What's not to like?)

Yeah, especially with Halbeard working on that super tranquilizer to deal with Lung.

Er wait, this is same day as the locker, so a couple months before the canon Worm start.

Still, should be hard to forget about Lung.
Wyvern!Taylor: Who's this Lung person everyone keeps going on about?

Man, if Taylor gets a nightmare, I hope her bed can handle the weight.

How much does she weigh anyway as a wyvern? Or is it lol!physics as usual with capes.

So Lung got the QA shard, and the implication is that Taylor got Lung's shard. It doesn't seem to be a straight power swap, as Taylor got a dragon ability but not Lung's ability specifically, but (the cape formerly known as) Lung seems to have some kind of insect related power, going by the name. Which raises the question, what exactly can he do? Did he get Skitter's power, or a variation on it? Or is it actually completely different and just happens to involve insects?

I really don't see Amy being all too thrilled about Taylor at all, just another person who can do things with Victoria that she can't, worse Victoria and Taylor are strangely close to each other with how little they've known each other.

No. She aimed it out the door. The paint on the doorframe might be a bit scorched, but that's about it.
If this is the begining of a trend of Taylor not setting everything around her on fire, I'm going to be disappointed.

I can subdue and restrain normal criminals ... I can't arrest them
As far as I'm aware, restraining people is part of performing a citizens arrest, which should be well within Armsmaster's capabilities.

Of course, he might not be able to arrest her for what she did at the school (as it wasn't in his presence) though that might change since she did admit to it (I can't find anything in my brief search on this specific thing), however justified by whatever laws determine fault of newly triggered actions.

Point is, what he said wasn't really correct, even if what he meant might be. It's not really that important to the fic though. Also: parahumans lose the right to arrest people like that handwave is perfectly possible.

"Uh, do I have to tell everyone who I am, and who my dad is?" the girl asked.
Wasn't she worrying about her blown up locker a bit before? And that everyone is going to know who she is already, or at least that she's a parahuman?

[pointlessrant]
"I'll have to check to make sure that it isn't already taken," Armsmaster pointed out.
"Well, if it is, I'll find something else,"
This isn't a remark about this fic in particular, but I really don't understand this cropping up all the time.

"Well, if the name I want is taken I'll pick a new one. Thank god I'm the only 'Taylor' in the world. And that no one has ever been called 'Alexandria' before. And that parahumans in other countries bother to check to see if any of their names sound like ours and visa versa."

I mean, I get wanting 'your own' name, and I get that it was how it was introduced in canon (lawl, Taylor's awkward and can't pick a name!), it just doesn't make sense.

It's a pity she's not a real dragon so she could take that name and argue it fits her better.[/pointlessrant]

This isn't a remark about this fic in particular, but I really don't understand this cropping up all the time.
It's because the Protectorate cares about merchandising, and some new capes seem to think that novelty is inherently valuable.

I've seen it happen in a story where a cape picks an already-taken name, the Protectorate tells them to pick another one, and the cape says, "Nah, I'm good with this one, and I don't work for you so I'm keeping it."

Is... is this a thing? So not only did he get QA, but he got a bug-themed QA? I really have to wonder how different it is from Taylor's.
His name isn't random: he can transform every insect into Locusts.

Locusts, everywhere. The eighth plague of egypt is a drizzle compared to it. ON the positive side, Locusts should be quite nutrious, so Americans can probably out eat them. Of course, you need to convince them to actually eat the locusts, but then it becomes no problem.

I really don't see Amy being all too thrilled about Taylor at all, just another person who can do things with Victoria that she can't, worse Victoria and Taylor are strangely close to each other with how little they've known each other.

Amy: *grumbling* Stupid dragon girl gets to go flying with Vicky while I'm stuck down here healing people and shit-
Taylor: *munchkin mode activate!* You completely control biology, right? Not just straight healing?
Amy: ...
Taylor: I mean that's how you use it, but that's not what it is, right?
Taylor: Right. So assuming it is what I think it is, why don't you... hmm... take some meat-fodder, and make yourself a bio-suit kinda like a bigger version of 'rawr I'mma dragon!' me, and control it with your powers or some kind of neural interface like from that Avatar movie with the aliens?
Taylor: Or maybe make an organic version of your robes, but a bit heavier, so that you can just take the spare biomass and turn it into like giant flesh-wings or something on your back without sacrificing any of your costume!
Vicky: Which is now technically a meat dress.
Taylor: Shush you.
Amy: *tacklehugs Taylor* You are the best dragon girl thank you so much

It's because the Protectorate cares about merchandising, and some new capes seem to think that novelty is inherently valuable.
She's not joining the government heroes. She's joining a group that wants to make a difference. Hell, considering everything she's feeling about them, at this point she should see a PRT/Protectorate/Ward open their mouth and tell them to direct all communication through a liaison or lawyer.

I've seen it happen in a story where a cape picks an already-taken name, the Protectorate tells them to pick another one, and the cape says, "Nah, I'm good with this one, and I don't work for you so I'm keeping it."
I've seen at least one myself (Thor Taylor, she argues that if the other 'Thor' wants to complain she's willing to fight for the name... after just beating the crap out of Leviathan). It's still a rare thing.

I've personally thought of having a cape with some random power using the name Alexandria or Legend just to tweak noses and draw attention away from whatever their real power is.

His name isn't random: he can transform every insect into Locusts.

Locusts, everywhere. The eighth plague of egypt is a drizzle compared to it. ON the positive side, Locusts should be quite nutrious, so Americans can probably out eat them. Of course, you need to convince them to actually eat the locusts, but then it becomes no problem.
But can he also control the locusts? :D Or turn into a bunch of them himself?

I've personally thought of having a cape with some random power using the name Alexandria or Legend just to tweak noses and draw attention away from whatever their real power is.

A trio of capes with buds from the Triumvirate who take the same names but they swap them around so it's like "Get Legend!" "Is he the laser one?" "No he's the brute!" *ZAPBANGKAPOW* "Oh, shit, it is the laser one!"

A trio of capes with buds from the Triumvirate who take the same names but they swap them around so it's like "Get Legend!" "Is he the laser one?" "No he's the brute!" *ZAPBANGKAPOW* "Oh, shit, it is the laser one!"
Nothing like that, but this probably isn't the place to discuss something other than Ack's fic (by which I mean this one specifically since he's got so god damned many).

I've seen at least one myself (Thor Taylor, she argues that if the other 'Thor' wants to complain she's willing to fight for the name... after just beating the crap out of Leviathan)

Sounds interesting ... do you have the link?

About Amy being jealous. ... Well wyvern!Taylor could always offer to be her flying mount. That'd be cool:cool:

Amy: I AM THE DRAGONBORN!
Vicky: Wrong franchise.
Amy: I AM THE DRAGON RIDER!
Taylor: *dragon-blushing* God this is so embarrassing why did I ever agree to this?

Amy: *grumbling* Stupid dragon girl gets to go flying with Vicky while I'm stuck down here healing people and shit-
Taylor: *munchkin mode activate!* You completely control biology, right? Not just straight healing?
Taylor: I mean that's how you use it, but that's not what it is, right?
Taylor: Right. So assuming it is what I think it is, why don't you... hmm... take some meat-fodder, and make yourself a bio-suit kinda like a bigger version of 'rawr I'mma dragon!' me, and control it with your powers or some kind of neural interface like from that Avatar movie with the aliens?
Taylor: Or maybe make an organic version of your robes, but a bit heavier, so that you can just take the spare biomass and turn it into like giant flesh-wings or something on your back without sacrificing any of your costume!
Vicky: Which is now technically a meat dress.
Taylor: Shush you.
Amy: *tacklehugs Taylor* You are the best dragon girl thank you so much

And then Amy had a tinker rating. Next she can neural interface some extra brain power and have a thinker rating. Add flame 'breath' to the wings for blaster, toughen it up for brute, go for a flight for mover...

I bet Amy could get all the classifications.

Amy: I AM THE DRAGON RIDER!

Taylor's not telepathic yet. You can't be a dragon rider until you have a telepathic teleporting dragon life partner. :p

Back