Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

True. He was at best being given the time and energy to formulate more MAD protocols for a later date. Which made him a bigger problem every day that he was not take care of.
Plus, like someone previously pointed out, it took a lot of money, manpower and resources for the PRT to contain Ellisburg. Now that the threat has been destroyed, it can be used for something else.

It's fanon that a lot of money was diverted from the military, federal LE and other government programs and agencies to fund the PRT, which resulted in more disorder in the US. Which coincidentally resulted in more Triggers. 🙄

It's fanon that a lot of money was diverted from the military, federal LE and other government programs and agencies to fund the PRT, which resulted in more disorder in the US. Which coincidentally resulted in more Triggers. 🙄

Fanon only, as it happens. Indeed, in canon the PRT are actually extremely limited. (TLDR is that as far as I am aware, PRT jurisdiction is limited to cases involving parahumans in some fashion, however in some cases the link can be tenuous. Funnily enough, "I think this kind of crime is causing Triggers" actually is one of the excuses the PRT has used to investigate, IIRC)

Well, the military might have, but that was more because the world situation in Worm is different enough that it's highly likely the US retreated into isolationism, so wouldn't actually need a military of the same size.

Last edited:
Fanon only, as it happens. Indeed, in canon the PRT are actually extremely limited. (TLDR is that as far as I am aware, PRT jurisdiction is limited to cases involving parahumans in some fashion, however in some cases the link can be tenuous. Funnily enough, "I think this kind of crime is causing Triggers" actually is one of the excuses the PRT has used to investigate, IIRC)

Well, the military might have, but that was more because the world situation in Worm is different enough that it's highly likely the US retreated into isolationism, so wouldn't actually need a military of the same size.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty weak fanon, since it was probably not a person-to-person reduction (i.e. 500k military personnel reduced, 500k PRT personnel hired). What they probably did was 1) reduce all the excessive equipment procurement spending and 2) pull back most of the US troops overseas. So NATO is gone and South/West Pacific is under CUI influence if not control.

In fact, there are probably less PRT personnel than would be thought, since PRT bases are by region and very large cities, and not every town and city like police departments.

You know, if this fic follows the... I don't know if it's canon, or just fanon... idea the Endbringers are sandbagging? A Wyvern VS Endbringer fight could be a worst case scenario. Wyvern scales up to defeat Endbringer, Endbringer stops sandbagging so much, Wyvern scales up some more...

The collateral damage could encompass a huge amount of area, and possibly get Scion's attention.

Also, how much power can a shard provide? Is it as much or more than an Endbringer who isn't sandbagging, or is there a hard ceiling, so that no one parahuman can take on an Endbringer and win?

Actually, Wyvern ought to be capable of taking out an Endbringer already. You see, the reason why you need so much power to take out an Endbringer is to ensure enough of the damage is transmitted to the endbringer's core

Wyvern has an actual matter disintegration attack which should bypass the increasing durability, which means a big enough blast of that ought to destroy an Endbringer's core, killing the Endbringer.

Actually, Wyvern ought to be capable of taking out an Endbringer already. You see, the reason why you need so much power to take out an Endbringer is to ensure enough of the damage is transmitted to the endbringer's core

Wyvern has an actual matter disintegration attack which should bypass the increasing durability, which means a big enough blast of that ought to destroy an Endbringer's core, killing the Endbringer.

That is true. Which means there's got to be something missing in this picture, or this story is gonna end really quickly. Wyvern will just one shot all 3 of the Endbringers.

Don't forget, Endbringer Cores have power nullification capability. IIRC, Chevalier's sword split into the items he fused to create it when he tried to stab an Endbringer's core. That same effect might cancel out Wyvern's disintegration breath

Don't forget, Endbringer Cores have power nullification capability. IIRC, Chevalier's sword split into the items he fused to create it when he tried to stab an Endbringer's core. That same effect might cancel out Wyvern's disintegration breath
WoG is that Behemoth's core specifically nullified Chevalier's fusing ability.

You know, if this fic follows the... I don't know if it's canon, or just fanon... idea the Endbringers are sandbagging? A Wyvern VS Endbringer fight could be a worst case scenario. Wyvern scales up to defeat Endbringer, Endbringer stops sandbagging so much, Wyvern scales up some more...

The collateral damage could encompass a huge amount of area, and possibly get Scion's attention.

Also, how much power can a shard provide? Is it as much or more than an Endbringer who isn't sandbagging, or is there a hard ceiling, so that no one parahuman can take on an Endbringer and win?
It's canon.

The Endbringers, or what they're based on, are there to maintain a level of conflict between nations, and thus the capes in them.

They're supposed to be controlled by the Entities, not by any one cape, and should be able to overpower the average cape.

Of course, Wyvern has shown that she doesn't play by the normal rules.

Mwahahaha.

What happened to her shard, then, to make it go off the rails? Smoking too much crystal?

And is her shard more powerful than the average, to be able to make her that powerful?

Actually, I really don't care. I know from reading Ack's stuff his imagination is well able to come up with options I can't think of.
I'm going to assume that he's thought of this stuff already, since the questions are pretty obvious. I'm looking forward now to seeing how this will play out even more than I used to be, though. :)

Last edited:
Back