Whatever Remains: Ash like Snow

welp, basically when you showed up to sign up for the expedition, you were told by a bored looking Vanguard Scribe to go stand over by the Ash Brigade.

Unfortunately, that space is currently the parking spot for a couple dozen BrownJacket Trucks and a lot of grumpy looking men in brown coats.

The manifest you read doesn't mention Individual Mercenaries nearly at all, besides a small note that surplus food and water are to be directed to them.

Asking around, you'll find that the the other lone mercs have either become friendly with one of the other mercenary companies, or given up on trying to figure out how this is organized, and gone down to the impromptu bar.

EDIT: Also, I linked all of the CS's in the characters and factions threadmark, for ease of access.

Last edited:
@DannyboyZero @StormLord
To pacify this lady it's going to be a cool + something roll.

And if your going to try to shoot the lady, you're going to have to get a higher width than she does.

Also, are you guys wearing your helmets?

Hey @Dust and echoes can I just intimidate the pants off these dudes?
Also, where is that copy button in Rolz? I'm currently in transit and on my phone again.
I find the forum dice roller easier to use on my phone. But for rollz I think you need to click on the icon to the left of your roll, which brings up a new page, which then you can copy and paste the BBC code. (not sure if there's a faster way)

Hey, should I use Leadership instead to make them stand down? There's no formal command structure right, besides the ACTUAL commander?

Oh, hell yes.

There organization set up the expedition, as well as organized everything in general, so yes, they're in charge.

(Sorry for the half-assed answer before. Was in the middle of something.)

S'OK, life comes first.

I only vaguely recalled the details you mentioned at some point and couldn't find it by skimming the section. I only understood that they got the foothold, and the expedition was a collaboration between the merc companies.

So that's my bad for not specifying, sorry.

Yeah, the Vanguard basically mainly funded and organized the expedition.

Could I use tactics to describe why going to another continent without a cartographer is the most horribad decision since Ashfall?
If you fail, I'll use intimidate and state that it's now a Disciple matter, and it no longer concerns them. I don't see Deciples of Menci turning help away. Especially if they can exploit it.

Edit: you were taking him to the Disciple leader, right?

@DannyboyZero
Unless Ed interjects before / while / as soon as the new guy picks up Tom's gun, Michael is going to start shooting and we'll get our first taste of combat.

@Dust and echoes
Quick summary:
Enemies: 2 pistols and 1 shotgun (all in the truck)
Allies: Michael, Ed, Sargeant, ?
Range: short (+1 to dice)

Please check my math and correct me where I'm wrong:
  Coord+Rifle (base) Range Aim Called Weapon special Attachment special Total (Dice rolled)
Single Shot 7 +1 (short) N/A N/A N/A +1 (reflex) 9
Single Shot, aim 1 round 7 +1 (short) +1 N/A +1 (semi auto aim) +2 (reflex + aim) 12 (10 max)
Single Shot, aim 1 round, called shot 7 +1 (short) +1 -2 (set 1 dice to target location) +2 (semi auto aim + called) +4 (reflex + aim + called) 13 (10 max)
Single Shot, called shot 7 +1 (short) N/A -2 (set 1 dice to target location) +1 (semi auto called) +3 (reflex + called) 10

Could I use tactics to describe why going to another continent without a cartographer is the most horribad decision since Ashfall?
Yeah, that makes sense.
@DannyboyZero
Unless Ed interjects before / while / as soon as the new guy picks up Tom's gun, Michael is going to start shooting and we'll get our first taste of combat.

@Dust and echoes
Quick summary:
Enemies: 2 pistols and 1 shotgun (all in the truck)
Allies: Michael, Ed, Sargeant, ?
Range: short (+1 to dice)

Please check my math and correct me where I'm wrong:
  Coord+Rifle (base) Range Aim Called Weapon special Attachment special Total (Dice rolled)
Single Shot 7 +1 (short) N/A N/A N/A +1 (reflex) 9
Single Shot, aim 1 round 7 +1 (short) +1 N/A +1 (semi auto aim) +2 (reflex + aim) 12 (10 max)
Single Shot, aim 1 round, called shot 7 +1 (short) +1 -2 (set 1 dice to target location) +2 (semi auto aim + called) +4 (reflex + aim + called) 13 (10 max)
Single Shot, called shot 7 +1 (short) N/A -2 (set 1 dice to target location) +1 (semi auto called) +3 (reflex + called) 10
Yep, looks good, and that is one fine-ass table XD

Last edited:
Just watched the last scene with Paz in MGSV:TPP, then immediately (and accidently) played the mission on the quarantine platform.

Needless to say I'm not in the greatest emotional state (those of you who've played the game know what I mean.)

Regardless, let us forge on!

@MysteriousOldGuy @EternalStruggle
Sorry about the delay for your IC response. Should be up shortly.

If you fail, I'll use intimidate and state that it's now a Disciple matter, and it no longer concerns them. I don't see Deciples of Menci turning help away. Especially if they can exploit it.

Edit: you were taking him to the Disciple leader, right?

You have an objection to just turning him over? We could theoretically gain some influence by arguing and winning before turning him over to our leader but we could also end up executed or have our leader be pissed that we argued with scions. Thoughts?

Last edited:
You have an objection to just turning him over? We could theoretically gain some influence by arguing and winning before turning him over to our leader but we could also end up executed or have our leader be pissed that we argued with scions. Thoughts?
Fair enough. It was mostly out of concern—they do have their weapons drawn—but in my head it sounded like "if the scion's don't want a cartographer, the disciples will take him. We need one right? We're just sending the decision up the chain. Now—how to not get shot…?"

Let's hope this doesn't end with execution.

Edit: ^-IGNORE ME! -^

I hadn't read your most recent post IC.

I don't really care if we turn him over, it looks like they've been convinced that he's not worth killing yet at least. We were just well-meaning Disciples after all…*innocent look*

Last edited:
Back