We Form in Crystals [Worm/Nasu]

you're doing well for yourself, i see. you wonderful idiot, i've welcomed you and you'll never leave
So instead I went over to my bed, crawled in, and proceeded to fall asleep. I held on tightly to the girl in my bed, comfortable as she hugged me back.
never ever leave. my little countermeasure.

Sounds a bit like a stranger or master effect? Maybe both? Assuming that's what is actually going on.

If it goes full law of physics breaking, well... there's a reason why ORT is currently the strongest being of the universe,
Possibly, but there's an alternate point of view... If the entities are in the habit of destroying worlds, and worlds are now at times like this... Would they really have no experience with things like this?

Looks like Taylor has some extra passengers. Poor girl never has it easy does she?

On a side note, just want to say that I like the humor. I always thought the best type of grimdark stories were the ones were black humor abounds, like 40k done right. There aren't enough stories where people make hilarious mistakes using their powers, instead of just horrible ones.

ORT-chan a cute, but she's usually depicted with blue-greens and not pinks. And with what appears, at a casual glance, to be a pretty strong Brute/Shaker combo, it's unlikely that events would take place at the same time as canon, where Taylor faffed about tailoring and putting off going out. No need to spend months making a costume if you're just as tough naked! literally naked.
But hey, the tone of the story isn't exactly super serious, so it's not actually a problem or anything. Rather I think it adds to the story.

Goodness, I'm still reading and she's really Phantasmoon ORT-chan complete with nude transformation sequences, hair that marks her as too anime to drive, and dokidokis and doushio and misunderstandings.

Possibly, but there's an alternate point of view... If the entities are in the habit of destroying worlds, and worlds are now at times like this... Would they really have no experience with things like this?
I didn't see the new story posts before I post. And maybe? But the thing is that ORT's Supreme Reality Marble is just, well... OP. What we do know about Supreme Reality Marbles is that they can affect through normal Reality Marbles, which could do stuffs like summoning unlimited fields of blades without paying the cost for each one of them and summoning your old dead friends through sheer loyalty. They're great, but ORT? ORT just killed a Dead Apostle Ancestor with little conscious thoughts - and Dead Apostles all naturally have the ability to reverse time to heal their wounds.

Although it might not be really a Supreme Reality Marble, as ORT might not really be the Ultimate One of Mercury. Besides, Nasuverse is kind of weird when it comes to the laws of physics, so eh, we can only see.

ORT is the secret boss who is more powerful than the final boss.

That's literally how Nasu described him.

Sounds a bit like a stranger or master effect? Maybe both? Assuming that's what is actually going on.

So I think what's going on here is...

you're doing well for yourself, i see. you wonderful idiot, i've welcomed you and you'll never leave
So instead I went over to my bed, crawled in, and proceeded to fall asleep. I held on tightly to the girl in my bed, comfortable as she hugged me back.
never ever leave. my little countermeasure.

The "wonderful idiot" is ORT. The lowercase speaker is Alaya. The countermeasure, it seems, is Taylor. As Alaya is more or less the personification of humanity, any hugs that are ongoing should be metaphorical, but... hmm.

what are they
one is dead dead dead dead but it locked away my history, my future, my countermeasures
Eden. Seems it stopped Alaya from deploying its usual countermeasures. There will be no EMIYA here.
the other is killing me slowly eventually painfully
Zion's shenanigans are degrading humanity, and will eventually destroy it. Alaya does not appreciate this.
the world is happy and i am not

the bitch
...glad to see that Gaia and Alaya are getting on about as well as usual.

Gaia was already dying. She doesn't mind so much, so long as humanity dies with her.

don't worry i'll help you
i'm curious too
all you need to be

is human
...and this is Alaya co-opting ORT.

Last edited:
That's an interesting interpretation @Baughn , quite possibly a correct one at that. The parts would certainly fit like that... though I'm not sure how sad things have gotten if ORT could be co-opted by Alaya... and it actually became necessary to do so.

Well, I suppose things could become very interesting indeed if it's like that though.

I don't know my Nasu but... sounds like Alaya made a deal with ORT so ORT can find out more about the Entities or maybe just more about the world, all ORT has to do is form a countermeasure in a human... and thus under Alaya's purview?
Taylor needs more hugs from other hoomans. Alaya is the humaniest hooman to ever hooman, being as she is all of teh hoomans put together. Therefore, Taylor must be ORT must be a hooman to get hugs from all-of-teh-hoomans Alaya instead of Taylor getting a hug from ORT, hoo is not a hooman.

Hooman.

Taylor needs more hugs from other hoomans. Alaya is the humaniest hooman to ever hooman, being as she is all of teh hoomans put together. Therefore, Taylor must be ORT must be a hooman to get hugs from all-of-teh-hoomans Alaya instead of Taylor getting a hug from ORT, hoo is not a hooman.

Hooman.

... I don't know why but I felt the strangest urge to punch you. Which is odd since I probably would have found that somewhat amusing in other circumstances.

But my inner grammar nazi hates you now.

Taylor is not an ORK, she' an ORT. :(

... I don't know why but I felt the strangest urge to punch you. Which is odd since I probably would have found that somewhat amusing in other circumstances.

But my inner grammar nazi hates you now.

Taylor is not an ORK, she' an ORT. :(
Very well then, let's run it through the "Actually a word" translator. :V
Taylor needs more hugs from other human beings. Alaya is the most human being by definition, being as she is (technically) all of humanity put together. Therefore, Taylor must be ORT, who must themselves somehow be a human, to get hugs from Alaya, who is all of mankind and therefore pretty darn good at hugging, instead of Taylor getting a hug from ORT, who is only capable of administering inferior hugs due to his nature as an ORT.

Human.

Well I'm gonna follow this. An ORT Taylor is just too interesting to pass up. It would be really interesting if she converted Brockton Bay into the Crystal Valley for the duration of the fight against Leviathan.

Would be fun to watch precogs and thinkers freak out when they interact with ORT's alien common sense for the first time. I'm not even sure their shards can parse it correctly themselves, much less produce something their corresponding parahumans could begin to comprehend without starting to praise Cthulhu.

Would be fun to watch precogs and thinkers freak out when they interact with ORT's alien common sense for the first time. I'm not even sure their shards can parse it correctly themselves, much less produce something their corresponding parahumans could begin to comprehend without starting to praise Cthulhu.
I'm really curious what Tattletale saw then that caused her to stay laughing

I'm really curious what Tattletale saw then that caused her to stay laughing
I got the impression that it was the whole 'naked Lung' situation and then ORT-chan's appearance and her reaction about it ('forget prison, make a mirror' one).

Note that the prison wasn't standing on a patch of crystal - she had to make a bottom separatly. I'm guessing that by the time TT arrived alien territory was already gone, leaving behind only bizarre Lung-proof crystal. Which would explain why Taylor got so tired - maintaining said crystal under real world rules.

Last edited:
I'd expect they can, actually - after all, this isn't the first world that the Entities have blown up, and every world has a unique common sense. She certainly might stand out as unusual, though.

This Taylor is going to be the most powerful Taylor.
Not a chance.

Taylor as an Excrucian Deceiver from Nobilis has already been written.

Back