Since I didn't see one, here's a thread for discussion about the Fate Series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra, etc), basically any stuff from the Nasuverse.

Discuss the shows, manga, ideas, characters, potential servants, all that good stuff.

Now that that's out of the way, we all agree Iskander is the best servant right?

Last edited:
Despite it being Generic as hell and everything.

I prefer Saber.

That said who's pumped for the new anime coming?
I am, though I'm a bit disappointed that it seems that it is an animation of Heaven's Feel. I wanted a better Fate route damn it.

I also prefer Saber. Say what you want, she was the character I got more attached to. Another reason for my dislike of HF.

I used to like Saber, but then she became the creator's waifu, showed up in everything, and got really boring and bland for me.

And they put her as Nero. My historical OCD couldn't handle that.

For me it was a nice moment showing that even though Shirou and Saber had ended up as enemies, they understood that they had given their allegiance to things, and duty was all that kept them going at that point.

Seibah clones in everything is annoying, but I prefer to ignore that and focus on the original

For me it was a nice moment showing that even though Shirou and Saber had ended up as enemies, they understood that they had given their allegiance to things, and duty was all that kept them going at that point.

Seibah clones in everything is annoying, but I prefer to ignore that and focus on the original

I spent the whole HF cursing Shirou because he was going crazy. He gave up his existence for Sakura, and while that made for a good tragic romance, I honestly wasn't interested in Sakura. She was always a background character, and in her route I feel like they tried too hard to make her story tragic.

I liked Shirou because he was a selfless idiot, so to see him wasting himself hurt. So I was not as taken by HF as I was by Fate and UBW. It was still an undeniably beautiful story, but it just did not click with me.

To be fair while Sakura is undeniably important in HF, there is a certain problem with her in that route.
She lacks the dynamic energy that the other heroines, indeed most of the actual heroing is handled by Ilya. Saber goes out and fights and usually does well assuming Shirou does the right thing. Rin also fights and also does the heavy lifting on figuring things out and getting stuff done. (Also that Zetta Ryouiki, Grade S indeed)

Sakura well, when she does stuff it's her super powered evil side and not actually her, so we don't get a lot of motion or agency from her. She feels passive and that's not as engaging. That said I do still like her as a character.

I prefer Saber too. Her idealism and focus on what a king is during the feast was cool.

Didn't know that the new anime would be HF. That's good 'cause I couldn't bring myself to play that route xD and we've already had the UBW as a movie. Though I certainly wouldn't mind more of UBW.

I like both Rin and Saber.
Thought Rin get number one spot for her reaction to Shirou's 'one condition' to the alliance with Lancer.

Since I didn't see one, here's a thread for discussion about the Fate Series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra, etc).

Discuss the shows, manga, ideas, characters, potential servants, all that good stuff.

Now that that's out of the way, we all agree Iskander is the best servant right?
OP, Alexander's some real faggy shit.

Sakura well, when she does stuff it's her super powered evil side and not actually her, so we don't get a lot of motion or agency from her. She feels passive and that's not as engaging. That said I do still like her as a character.
I thought her super powered evil side is her emotions and judgement going out of control?

Wait I thought the anime was gonna be a whole new route, are they actually doing Heaven's Feel?

Also Fate/Strange Fake Lancer is best whatchu talking bout OP. That being said, I like all of the other Servants on the same level.

Last edited:
I liked Saber the best. And besides Saber, Fate/zero Lancer was pretty cool (but I'm still watching Fate/zero, so not enough time to form a final opinion).

As far as I know, they are doing HF in the same way the Fate route was done or something along these line. The main storyline should still be HF though.

I think I had the impression it was HF centered because of the trailer, which showed some scenes present only in it.

Back