Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

Ngl, you have water manipulation seals, why not pop a spherical aquatic training area floating on the opposite side of the island like a blitzball stadium? Keeping it airborne will probably use up the surplus chakra your super sharks will make in it...

Sorry, i just want a chuunin exam set in a sphere of coral.

Sure, Accidentally a Forest of Death. No big deal.

Anko wants to move in already.
You are forgetting the "MkII tm", you know.
Should be: " Forest of Death MKII tm".

But will Naruto impliment a propper seal setup in the waters around Uzu?
I wonder, was Anko so often in her youth, near or inside the Forest of Death, that she became part of it, in terms of sealing array setup, that is?
Will Naruto connect the two Forest of Deaths, somehow?
See the animals go from one forest to the other, with a secret bunker under both towers, that houses a teleportation setup between the two.

Last edited:
So Konoha and Uzushio can't meddle with the Earth Daimyo's agenda.

Maybe Akatsuki should handle this one?
From the description, it looks like Iwa is handling things reasonably well here:

This made the entire affair far more costly for the Daimyo than it might've been otherwise, and as far as Konoha could tell both sides of things were essentially playing it up instead of truly fighting seriously. Treating it as a giant visibility exercise instead of an actual war, with just enough actual fighting to make it look good to the Daimyo.

They've decided to follow the letter of their orders, while bending the spirit of said orders into an Escher knot and making it cry. Quite possibly with the secretly paid co-operation of their "opponents".

I'm sort of expecting some of the seal bits that Orochimaru didn't understand to include some part of Naruto's hiraishin awareness stuff, so he will suddenly become aware of bunkers he knows he didn't build.

I'm sort of expecting some of the seal bits that Orochimaru didn't understand to include some part of Naruto's hiraishin awareness stuff, so he will suddenly become aware of bunkers he knows he didn't build.
Probably not though, since Orochimaru copied the hot tub creation seals without being able to understand them. Naruto understands the hot tub seals, so wouldn't have other bits in them without knowing it. His mistake was in copying the seals beneath the Forest of Death without fully understanding them. Thus he didn't realize it was the Forest of Death because of those seals having a mistake.

EDIT: Remember that Naruto and his parents created the hot tub seal. And why would he have included the hiraishin's "sense area around the seal" parts (which he may not have understood at the time) in the hot tub seal?

Last edited:
So Konoha and Uzushio can't meddle with the Earth Daimyo's agenda.

Maybe Akatsuki should handle this one?
Okay here's the plan: Jiraiya, after a heartfelt reunion with Nagato and Konan (and berating them over fighting literal actual Hanzo (and probably getting around to maybe burying Yahiko or something)) hires Akatsuki out of his own pocket to ahh, have "words" with Earth's Daimyo about things, and if Naruto can help get his cousin to 100% and eliminate the drawbacks of the implanted Rinnegan in his eyes well.......Should be a cakewalk from there
They've decided to follow the letter of their orders, while bending the spirit of said orders into an Escher knot and making it cry. Quite possibly with the secretly paid co-operation of their "opponents".
Well there goes setting a moderately peeved Uzumaki against something

Naruto continues his tradition of over-engineering nearly everything he's assigned to do. It's amusing that in copying the Forest of Death seal work for his Whirlpool exam area he turned up a flaw in the original work that actually caused the Forest's overgrowth in the first place. And then decided that the fault could be turned into an even more effective chakra power source for his fake(?) village. If nothing else, I expect Anko to give some consideration to moving to Whirlpool in the future, simply because it gives her a more secure home base that's still an easy commute for her "day job" in Konoha.

And the scattered "secure Uzu bunker" network is about to start showing dividends now that certain parties have discovered samples and started investigating. The prank has pretty much spun up into the self-perpetuating mode at the point.

Soon the other members of the big 5 will find out and likely discreetly try and copy it for themselves because, well, why not right.
That little trick alone probably does more to cement the existance of Secret Whirlpool than anything else, since even given Naruto's a known seal crafter the casual use of such advanced seals in very trivial items is a hallmark of old Whirlpool designs, and finding it in a Kohona bunker just proves that Uzu's been a hidden ally of the Leaf ever since the village was "destroyed" by the multinational assault.

I'm honestly a little more impressed with the Hot Spring Bunker running gag finally gaining traction since Orochimaru now knows how to make them and as soon as Nagato finds out I can't see him not wanting them for all of Ame's bunkers :rofl:. Soon the other members of the big 5 will find out and likely discreetly try and copy it for themselves because, well, why not right?
I do wonder what undocumented features, if any, they'll copy while doing that (not necessarily the hiraishin seals, there are other things that might surprise them).

EDIT: Remember that Naruto and his parents created the hot tub seal. And why would he have included the hiraishin's "sense area around the seal" parts (which he may not have understood at the time) in the hot tub seal?
Good point - it was done with his parents, not Jiraya. Now that is a guy who would have included the "sense area around the seal" parts in a hot spring seal.

urns out that you physically can't break the rules about what side of the hot spring is for men and women, the spring will correct the problem itself if you try.
Maybe because I was reading a Ranma 1/2 fic earlier in the day but when you said that my mind automatically read that as if you try to go in the wrong side of the hot springs the springs themselves will correct your gender to match what side you've entered :rofl:.

Maybe because I was reading a Ranma 1/2 fic earlier in the day but when you said that my mind automatically read that as if you try to go in the wrong side of the hot springs the springs themselves will correct your gender to match what side you've entered :rofl:.
That was one interpretation, the other is just that they teleport you to the correct side and both are equally plausible at this point.

The air care seals had followed, mostly because of...problems with the diets of a few of his people cropping up. They'd been dealt with, but it made him want better options for underground bases.
I can't decide which is funnier, the subtle fart joke or the implication that the guilty parties might have been killed for their flatulence.

Oh, and there was that chakra-hungry array for helping food crops grow that he'd not implemented, but setting up a connecting tunnel to power the farming areas might not be a horrible idea.
I'm having Atomicrops flashbacks.
In Land of Fire, you pop corn. In Land of Whirlpool, corn pops you.

@Norr I'm actually getting more Toriko vibes. For those who don't know of this absolutely WTF anime I suggest you go watch at least the first couple of episodes, it's damn good. Just don't ask me to describe it in writing as I doubt I could do it justice in less than an A4 page of writing as, yes, it's that weird :).

@Norr I'm actually getting more Toriko vibes. For those who don't know of this absolutely WTF anime I suggest you go watch at least the first couple of episodes, it's damn good. Just don't ask me to describe it in writing as I doubt I could do it justice in less than an A4 page of writing as, yes, it's that weird :).
Seen it and read the Manga online and all I have to say is that while it's weird, there's massive amounts of food of all kinds

...Because ninja?

Naruto: "Why would I not include that?"

Why would he not include it? Possibly due to not being suicidal? Or if that doesn't do it for you, because adding unneeded bits to a sealing array runs the risk of it accidentally being an explosive tag? Just ask Tenten about that one. Or maybe... why would a sealing master include something they don't understand when creating a sealing array which they do understand all the parts of? The hot tub seals are a refinement of the water creation seals, which he learned from studying the seals in the Uzumaki shrine.

The only time we know of that Naruto used a seal which he didn't fully understand was with the security monitoring seals he found in the Forest of Death. That's why he had to copy them entirely, in fact. And it's why he accidently created another Forest of Death. He hadn't known that the seal had a mistake which was why that training area was the Forest of Death.

Last edited:
Ngl, you have water manipulation seals, why not pop a spherical aquatic training area floating on the opposite side of the island like a blitzball stadium? Keeping it airborne will probably use up the surplus chakra your super sharks will make in it...

Sorry, i just want a chuunin exam set in a sphere of coral.
Because keeping it oxygenated such that those using it can breathe might be a bit harder, and their "water manipulation" is more "water summoning" and not "water controlling" anyway.

AKA, they have no way to keep the water in the air right now, and no real reason to come up with one.
But will Naruto impliment a propper seal setup in the waters around Uzu?
...like the defensive whirlpools surrounding the island?
If Orochimaru builds and powers the copy of the seal then it would be his chakra powering it and he might suddenly be aware of things. Naruto wouldn't be likely to notice at all.
Good point - it was done with his parents, not Jiraya. Now that is a guy who would have included the "sense area around the seal" parts in a hot spring seal.
My understanding of Jiraiya is that he's a pervert with a code, and spying on the hot springs with zero chance of being caught would go against it.

...and in this story he's the one putting anti-dojutsu seals on the hot springs to make it harder for others to spy without any chance of getting caught.

Even in canon, the only times I can recall that we really see him spying "from a distance" it's more watching girls that are already out in public, generally in swimsuits, instead of inside of the hot springs...
Turns out that you physically can't break the rules about what side of the hot spring is for men and women, the spring will correct the problem itself if you try.
Most of Naruto's hot springs are individual springs instead of pairs though! Particularly in most of the bunkers.
Jiraya later, "He can peep on dozens of hot springs simultaneously, and he won't teach me how!" *sobs dramatically*
As mentioned above, this Jiraiya would likely be offended if Naruto was setting things up to peep on dozens of hot springs simultaneously.
The only time we know of that Naruto used a seal which he didn't fully understand was with the security monitoring seals he found in the Forest of Death. That's why he had to copy them entirely, in fact. And it's why he accidently created another Forest of Death. He hadn't known that the seal had a mistake which was why that training area was the Forest of Death.
...technically, Naruto thought he understood that one. He just missed the mistake and copied it.

Also technically, he's used several seals he doesn't understand, because some of the Tome's creations were well beyond his level at the time he was deploying them.

Back