Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

Something I would have expected from an extended trip by Naruto to the ruins of Whirlpool, but did not see, was Naruto finding long-dead bodies of his relatives and giving them proper burials.
As others pointed out, corpses are sources of information and are generally destroyed to avoid being taken or taken outright by the enemy.

...plus it was probably 20+ years ago by this point. How many corpses do you think are still going to be there after being exposed to wildlife and the elements for a couple of decades?

On top of people like Jiraiya visiting and probably dealing with any corpses he found to be respectful to the dead.
pretty sure it's the continent from the gelel movie.
I thought adding in the mention of the "'gel' stuff" was enough of a hint to that. :V
I forget. Does his and Yoko's chakra show up as different to chakra sensors? How about all his random clones?
As others pointed out, he and Yoko can change their chakra. It's an Anbu trick.

Every other Team Yurei member except for the new genin under Sasuke and Kiba happens to be proficient in that trick too.
I'm more amazed that nothing popped up that they'd need him during that 6 months.
Hinata and Ino are capable of handling the bulk of the bullshit-tier infiltration missions at this point.
What's precluding Naruto from working the hospital at the same time as doing everything else? I seem to be missing a constraint there.
Tsunade going pissed-off-pseudo-grandmother at the idea of not having dedicated medic-nin on hand.

What's precluding Naruto from working the hospital at the same time as doing everything else? I seem to be missing a constraint there.
I would assume the issue is that his capacity is enormous but not infinite, and pretending to be an entire village worth of people would require enough that he couldn't do it while also maintaining all of the other clones and other uses of chakra he's currently maintaining. Something would have to be cut, and hospital staff in home territory are easier to replace than deep-cover spies at the other end of the continent who can't just all disappear for a month.

I admit some surprise that naruto didn't find a blood/chakra locked pocket dimension some Uzumaki were shoved in, but this has mostly been playing with the canon world as presented so I'm not that surprised.

One thing I'm now wondering is if their also gonna throw in possible Uzu teams with the uniforms and all? Or at least Chuunin and Jounin. Granted now I have the image of something like Uzu genin being used in a test involving paperwork and other village genin.

Imagine what the other villages might think if the image of the average Uzu genin combines both the normal thought of a Uzumaki with that of having a high affinity with paperwork.

...Make them go through a Uzu DMZ that a straight forward approach requiring waiting in multiple lines and heavy measuers against infiltration?

Also possibility of getting others in the know/the others like Hinato and Ino to help.

Do know the whole problem of maintaining things and logistics....Wonder how much could utalize a version of the zombies and puppets? Would also mention the robots but that has the already mentioned problems...

edit: Wait, wasn't the Gelel one of the thigns that was also losing power. Do think that was mentioned before along with the ferret.

Last edited:
LOL, Naruto accidentally sent everyone on a wild goose chase for Uzu surviors... And now he's convinced them that the Uzu survivors returned and rebuilt their home overnight.

Huh, one of the reasons for the Gelel arc movie, is them running out of it at home.
With Obito burning the mines and the tree fading, that means it's likely the veins have decayed as well.

I'm still finding the chain of zombie related events to be hilarious. I mean, it started as disguised shadow clones being used as a training exercise/prank on Might Guy's team of genin. Which then was officially escelated to a Village wide training exercise using disguised shadow clones. Which then lead to Orochi using actual seal created zombies as part of an invasion in an attempt to flush out the "real" nine tails container. And now Naruto has basically co-opted Orochi's work (and improved upon it), turning "zombies" into a sort of standard feature of any facility or major project he works on.

I admit some surprise that naruto didn't find a blood/chakra locked pocket dimension some Uzumaki were shoved in, but this has mostly been playing with the canon world as presented so I'm not that surprised.
Well on the other hand, OP's gone with the classic "Shadow Clones are Anti-Paperwork" element so something like that could happen
When I read "gel' stuff" I was thinking materiel like hair gel, not shorting gelel
Well I was thinking about something like a Gel-like Fuel

Well I was thinking about something like a Gel-like Fuel
I got the gelel stone reference right away, but now that you mention "gel-like fuel", it does make me thing that gelignite could be a plausible (mis)interpretation.

And now I cannot help but imagine explosion-release chakra being kneaded into Jell-O, or some east Asian equivalent.

I mean, still waiting on Uzu remnants to flex in on the prank

Granted probably never gonna happen at this point but still

I'm still finding the chain of zombie related events to be hilarious. I mean, it started as disguised shadow clones being used as a training exercise/prank on Might Guy's team of genin. Which then was officially escelated to a Village wide training exercise using disguised shadow clones. Which then lead to Orochi using actual seal created zombies as part of an invasion in an attempt to flush out the "real" nine tails container. And now Naruto has basically co-opted Orochi's work (and improved upon it), turning "zombies" into a sort of standard feature of any facility or major project he works on.

'You missed one link in the chain. When Orichimaru heard of the zombie invasion that Naruto staged, he came to the conclusion that some off his old experimental seals he hadn't disarmed before defecting had fired, which was part of why he did the zombie summoning in the chuunin exam.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that the bodies of ninja are intelligence resources in the Naruto-verse. What are they immunised against? Combat drugs? Implants? Grafts? Performance enhancers? Antidotes? Seals? Gear, if you're lucky? So bodies would have been taken by the loot teams long before now unless hidden by still-working seals or other protections.

From memory this is how Kakashi recognised Haku as a fake Kiri hunter nin, because they did not destroy Zabuza's body immediately to hide the village's secrets.
Yup. The bodies of ninja, especially ninjas with a bloodline, are far too precious to be left to rot.

Can Naruto apply a body transformation effect on the Zombies or use multiply puppets?
Heck, what about both?
And can he apply that body transformation on a puppet?

Now as for a trainingsground for Uzu, how about underwater?
Just think, sea-bed, think Pirates Of The Carribean Five, here, for a bit.
Add in a cave network and...

Back