Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

"Uzumaki has never had a high opinion of most security measures, and tends to spread that to varying degrees to his teammates. The Hyuga girl has been effectively partnered with him since the academy and may not realize just how deeply his views have corrupted her own over the years."
The best part is that from what we have seen Hinata is, in fact, perfectly 100% aware of exactly how much Naruto's views have influenced her own the past few years.

Let's see... 1, 2 and 9 are dead outright. 3 and 8 were well on their way recently, and now, just a year after 1 and 2 were executed, 7 and presumably 4 are showing signs of dying. How long do 5 and 6 have at this point? Six months? A year?

Zetsu better get his affairs in order; it seems his time is running out.

"You made a version of a chakra test seal that doesn't seem to react to mimicry though."

"Up until those keyed in are dead. Then it resets entirely and lets anyone in."
Not that that's actually a real problem:
Door 1: Naruto, Hinata, etc.
Door 2: Those keyed in to Door 1, plus the Hokage, Sarutobi, Hiashi, possibly a couple of other people trusted by both the Hokage and Naruto.
Door 3: Those keyed in to Door 2, plus an even larger number of people trusted by both the Hokage an Naruto, the primary criterion being they want to **** Danzo up the ****. (What? You thought Sarutobi couldn't be vengeful?!)

Similar vaults can be constructed for other clans with different people keyed in.

before he was fully bound to the Kyuubi. Then you factor in the Shadow Clone training method and the sheer number of clones he uses daily and it's really no wonder that he's so good at infiltration along with practically anything else he touches. in terms of cumulative experience levels for the subjects he's trained in he's likely SS tier at minimum.
Better. Much better.

I've got a partly written story (okay, 189 words of story, and 8835 words of outline, including the seven words I just added ("Stealth/infiltration training for Naruto with seals")) which involves abusing shadow clones to their limit _without_ adding artificial limitations. Hint: if mental stress transfers, so does mental relaxation.

I hope to actually write it this year.

Let's see... 1, 2 and 9 are dead outright. 3 and 8 were well on their way recently, and now, just a year after 1 and 2 were executed, 7 and presumably 4 are showing signs of dying. How long do 5 and 6 have at this point? Six months? A year?

Zetsu better get his affairs in order; it seems his time is running out.
At this point in time, as I understand it, it doesn't matter what Zetsu does. He might be able to start a war, but that's it. He's already dead, he just doesn't realize it yet.

Shadow Clones are only BS Incarnate when you've got obscene levels of Chakra so that you can spam them everywhere. (So only like, 50 or 60 of the named characters...) For regular level Ninja, they're only mid-to-high level BS. :)
Or if you're Naruto or pretty much everyone he's related to on his mom's side of the family
And probably something the Uzumaki of Uzushio Abused heavily for practicing seal Stuff because of potential Violent Fail states not to mention everything else it would be good for
exactly my point.
The best part is that from what we have seen Hinata is, in fact, perfectly 100% aware of exactly how much Naruto's views have influenced her own the past few years.
And she couldn't care less
I mean, it's canon that by the time he graduated from ninja school, Naruto was good enough to graffiti the entire Hokage Monument without anyone noticing, and then non-lethally evade multiple Chuunin sent after him in response.
And Fanfics tend to take it to the logical extreme and have him prank the hell out of the entirety of Konoha, more often than not due to Shadow Clone Abuse and also has the side effect of portraying him as one who could TKO a whole Ninja Village by himself if he so pleases and also shows that Konoha needs to step up their security measures
At this point in time, as I understand it, it doesn't matter what Zetsu does. He might be able to start a war, but that's it. He's already dead, he just doesn't realize it yet.
お前はもう死んでいる Am I right?

Last edited:
She's aware that she's been influenced, but isn't actually sure how much that influence has impacted her thought processes. They don't exactly have a control Hinata sticking around for comparisons, and knowing how much your own opinions have drifted is quite hard from the inside even if you can tell that they have drifted.
First, :ninja:
One of the great paradoxes of the Elemental Nations: "Can an Uzumaki create a seal that they can't bypass?"
The answer is, surprisingly, that they can!

Provided the key seal is built correctly.

Everyone else considers the levels you have to go to in order to manage this to be so far beyond excessive so as to be ludicrous though. Then again, most people aren't regularly trying to keep Uzumaki out of their stuff these days...
Let me guess, Shika got himself a fanclub and thus the need to start running?
He started using his brain back after not making it to the second stage of the chunin exams.
Which was why he was looking for where to buy a decent set of weights. If all three members of Team Yurei were wearing some, in addition to Lee? They were likely a good way to improve in key ways, no matter how troublesome they'd be to get used to at first. All chunin should ideally be able to handle themselves in multiple ways and Shikamaru knew that he was fairly limited on the physical front. Nara generally were, leaving that to the Akimichi side of the Ino-Shika-Cho dynamic. It was time to step up and get out of the training rut that had stopped applying when Ino had made rookie of the year.

Everyone else considers the levels you have to go to in order to manage this to be so far beyond excessive so as to be ludicrous though. Then again, most people aren't regularly trying to keep Uzumaki out of their stuff these days...
Naruto: "I don't think anyone is trying to keep Uzumaki out of their stuff."

Everyone Else: "You don't think all the security measures you bypassed count as trying to keep you out?"

Naruto: "I don't think they count as a legitimate effort to keep out stray cats."

Everyone Else: "Shit like this is why four of the five major villages banded together to kill you. You realize that, right?"

Naruto: "I don't think anyone is trying to keep Uzumaki out of their stuff."

Everyone Else: "You don't think all the security measures you bypassed count as trying to keep you out?"

Naruto: "I don't think they count as a legitimate effort to keep out stray cats."

Everyone Else: "Shit like this is why four of the five major villages banded together to kill you. You realize that, right?"
The sad part? The village that wasn't taking part in the kill-the-uzu plan was Sand. While Konoha proper wasn't in on the plan, ROOT killed off the civies that escaped on boats and slowed the response force from Leaf.

Naruto points of to a side where Tora was walking away with a folder marked top secret: "See I told you."

There are rumors that Tora is a special jonin. Not a human special jonin wearing a cat's body, a cat who has demonstrated the skills to earn the rank.
I've read at least one fic where Tora is actually a summon who is contracted to train the rookie genin in tracking and capture. Then there's at least one other where Madam Shijimi (The Daimyo's wife) is actually ninja trained and is the latest to deliberately train a nin-cat to help train the rookie genin. Many others just have the cat getting so darn good due to constant practice or being part demon. I'm more inclined to actually believe explanation 2 personally but the others are at least funny which is good.

The sad part? The village that wasn't taking part in the kill-the-uzu plan was Sand. While Konoha proper wasn't in on the plan, ROOT killed off the civies that escaped on boats and slowed the response force from Leaf.
Danzo's Chronic Backstabbing Disorder strikes again!

I remember a couple where Tora was descended from Nin-Neko.
Ninneko and Bakeneko are things in the Elemental Nations, so it's possible.

Last edited:
Back