Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

If only the people making Gotham were handed the Titans show, might actually be worth watching.

Looks like someone finally realised 'we want the old teen titans back' means 'we want the old teen titans back'. Was it really so hard?

Well, the actors did say that if the movie sells enough then the old titans would get another season, so, we still need to wait and see.

Looks like someone finally realised 'we want the old teen titans back' means 'we want the old teen titans back'. Was it really so hard?

Honestly I don't want the old Teen Titans back. Most of it was to far on the 'look at these random wacky jokes' for my tastes. The line between Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go is closer than most people want to admit. I would rather something closer to Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Though I guess I already am getting that with more Young Justice.

Taking bets, how long do you think it will take them to flip out at a black actor playing a black character?
Assuming that that hasn't actually happened yet.
Which I'm not actually comfortable doing.
It already happened.
Online anger erupts over blockbuster's 'racelifting'

Nick Fury had been black (specifically based on Samuel L. Jackson) since 2001 and people were upset a black man (the exact black man his comic book counterpart is based on) was playing Nick Fury over a decade later in 2012, just to be clear.

Nerds are awful. God I hate us so much.

Last edited:
It already happened.
Online anger erupts over blockbuster's 'racelifting'

Nick Fury had been black (specifically based on Samuel L. Jackson) since 2001 and people were upset a black man (the exact black man his comic book counterpart is based on) was playing Nick Fury over a decade later in 2012, just to be clear.

Nerds are awful. God I hate us so much.
If they bitched about Samuel L. Jackson then they'll bitch about anything. The fact that this Nick Fury was based on an actual black version of Nick Fury only tells me that they weren't dedicated fans and were just fuckwits.

Do not hate thyself and do what nerds do when we met other nerds who have opinions that do not match our own. Turn up your nose, sneer, and declare "Thou hast shit taste". Smacking them with a white glove to challenge them to a game of Smash Bros. is optional.

The fact that this Nick Fury was based on an actual black version of Nick Fury only tells me that they weren't dedicated fans and were just fuckwits.
No, you don't understand, it's not just a "black Nick Fury"...

The Ultimate Marvel Nick Fury was literally (and explicitly) modeled on Jackson and people still threw a fit. A black actor, according to racist nerds, is not even allowed to portray a character who is literally them.

Last edited:
Nerd culture, making you feel guilty for disliking things because that puts you on the side of actual racists and general assshole-ery.

No, you don't understand, it's not just a "black Nick Fury"...

The Ultimate Marvel Nick Fury was literally (and explicitly) modeled on Jackson and people still threw a fit. A black actor, according to racist nerds, is not even allowed to portray a character who is literally them.

It goes even deeper. The only reason Samuel L Jackson allowed them to use his likeness was because Marvel offered him the role of Nick Fury if they ever made a movie with the character in it.

Uh, I would like to say that It's really great that they gave a black woman the role. More representation is always nice. However, that doesn't change the fact that Jesus fucking Christ it's been three fucking shows and she's still not orange! Why? She's an orange fucking alien! She was practically white on the cartoons! The actress even looks perfect for the role! And what the fuck, is that literally just fire? Has literally anyone at WB ever even seen a comic book before?

What people thought upon seeing 'Fuck Batman':

Also, with the right makeup, hair Dye, and costume, Starfire's actress could be a good Starfire...

And yet they put her in that costume and wig? Seriously, if this was supposed to be their best foot forward for their service...then they fell on their face.

And yet they put her in that costume and wig? Seriously, if this was supposed to be their best foot forward for their service...then they fell on their face.
Yea, there are several pics floating around of some simple photoshop edits of her normal appearance to make her look like Starfire, and it looks immensely better than what we got.

Cosplayers put more effort in than the actual costume departments of the goddamn show. I mean, seriously, how hard can it be to go to someone so enthusiastic about this that they willingly spend their own time and money to dress up like this for help?

Uh, I would like to say that It's really great that they gave a black woman the role. More representation is always nice. However, that doesn't change the fact that Jesus fucking Christ it's been three fucking shows and she's still not orange! Why? She's an orange fucking alien! She was practically white on the cartoons! The actress even looks perfect for the role! And what the fuck, is that literally just fire? Has literally anyone at WB ever even seen a comic book before?
They probably don't have the budget to turn a woman with skin as dark as Anna's orange.

Unlike someone with a lighter skin tone who you could just airbrush, Anna's skin is so dark that bringing it up to the right level of orange for filming would require using manually applied heavy duty oil or cream based makeups. Which means for a character like Starfire, who constantly shows a lot of skin, you are talking at least an extra one to two hours in makeup every day of filming, along side much more frequent touch-ups as the makeup degrades over the day.

They probably don't have the budget to turn a woman with skin as dark as Anna's orange.

Unlike someone with a lighter skin tone who you could just airbrush, Anna's skin is so dark that bringing it up to the right level of orange for filming would require using manually applied heavy duty oil or cream based makeups. Which means for a character like Starfire, who constantly shows a lot of skin, you are talking at least an extra one to two hours in makeup every day of filming, along side much more frequent touch-ups as the makeup degrades over the day.
Okay, but loathe as I am to say it, why not cast someone with a lighter skin tone instead, if it's going to be such a massive issue?

It's finally crystallised for me, what I think the core fault in this version (along with Go and the worst parts of the original) - trying to cram the characters into one mood/tone. Each of the Titans is a character with a wildly different story and themes and trying to force each of them into a single track is what's mangled them. This version is going for MAXIMUM EDGE as the sole fucking tone and they've crushed the characters into square pegs for their stupid box. Go went the other direction, but still mangled the characters trying to achieve it's own vision.

Accurate representation of how seriously we're all taking the show compared to how seriously it takes itself.

Actually now that I think about it that's been the problem for the DC group movies as well - WB has been cargoculting Marvel's movies by smashing together characters and grinding them into place instead of weaving different character's stories and themes into one tapestry like the Avengers movies did.

Back