Titans DC - The Edge strikes back

Titans is a good show. Not great, but good and has me watching.

It takes more themes from the comics than the cartoon, but ultimately you have to take it as its own thing separate from what has come before.

If you're able to do that...it's just as good as the early seasons of shows like Supernatural and easily better than Arrow's first season.

I give it a 3.5/5 with the potential to go up.

I'm enjoying it.

So I'm just wondering during my wait for Young Justice to come out is Titans a good enough popcorn watch to kill the time? You know since I'm going to be paying for a month either way I might as well make use of it...

Snyder at least has a visual flair and an eye for dynamic fight scenes. This doesn't even have that and looks like someone trying to ape early 2000's action films.
He really is great at making a good action scene and some of his shots used in a different narrative with some altered acting would be quite good.
I would never say that he is bad at directing when it comes to visuals, its the characters and story that gets him.

Sad how they nerfed Kory and Garth, she has cool pyro FX but fights like someone w/o super strength.

Sorry for the doublepost bump but they about to fight batmanmoiderman for the finale, in a way I am pleased because they keep turning superman evil instead of him

Sorry for the doublepost bump but they about to fight batmanmoiderman for the finale, in a way I am pleased because they keep turning superman evil instead of him
Given how Dick acts in Titans and now this I'm sort of feeling like this is Crazy Steve rather than Batman. Or it's going to be an imposter.

Given Dick just ran into Trigon's "break Raven" dream realm I would say the entire thing is fake.
Yeah it seems like Dick's worst nightmare come true. He finally gets to a place in his life where he's let go of the anger and darkness in him. Only to get pulled back because Batman has finally lost his shit on the city

Why is a human looking alien having some of the physical characteristics of black people worse then them not? It's a fucking human alien either way.
Am I the only one to see the Unfortunate Implications with making the aliens black people?

Why couldn't they have just used Cyborg? He was a smart competent person that dealt with and overcame both racism, ableism and his own insecurities to achieve great things. Replacing him with the naive, bubbly, fanservicy older version of Starfire wouldn't be good. Replacing him with this version of Starfire is just horrible.

Am I the only one to see the Unfortunate Implications with making the aliens black people?

Why couldn't they have just used Cyborg? He was a smart competent person that dealt with and overcame both racism, ableism and his own insecurities to achieve great things. Replacing him with the naive, bubbly, fanservicy older version of Starfire wouldn't be good. Replacing him with this version of Starfire is just horrible.
Cyborg is no longer associated with the Titans, he's seen as a Leaguer only now

Well in the actual show Starfire is literally a black woman who woke up with powers so that's a moot complaint.

Fuck that. Fuck that so hard. :mob:

Well, at some point of your life you have to join the adult world instead of hanging out with teenagers your whole life until people wonder if you're a weirdo.

Well, at some point of your life you have to join the adult world instead of hanging out with teenagers your whole life until people wonder if you're a weirdo.
The Titans stopped being teens in the comics. Still Titans - they just dropped the 'Teen' part. And at the end of the day, a character's past is important. The idea that Cyborg can be only a Leaguer or only a Titan is simplistic and unimaginitive. Case in point, BB's Doom Patrol associations didn't evaporate overnight when he was a Titan and I'd take a very dim view of the suggestion that they should.

Back