Thor: Ragnarok

That's the thing, this isn't some historical grudge match where people are holding onto bad feelings from shit that happened a long time ago. This shit is still happening to this day, like my cousins who got tear gassed and a friend got shot with rubber bullets because the government moved a pipeline that would negatively affect a white community to go through Native one. And look this past week 210,000 gallons of oil just leaked. Then there's the thousand + of Native women in Canada that are murdered and missing but the government doesn't do shit because it's a bunch of chug squaws to them, not the master race which would get the full force of the authorities on their ass.

So fuck that noise about how we need to just need to hold hands and move on toward the sunset. Cause I'd love to do that, but the dominate culture is a bully that continues to beat out our ass between classes and stealing our lunch money.
You just don't get it do you? I don't know your cousin...but I bet he wasn't just minding his own business reading a book and the evil white man just ran up and tear gassed him for no reason.

*Sigh* Look, can we just fucking drop it?

This conversation is going nowhere, and keeping going will only lead to tears, frustration and horror as we try to make sure @Mark believes in what you believe in because it's "OBJECTIVELY CORRECT" only to discover that no, in fact, he doesn't give a shit, and neither does life, because fuck it people care more about how you defend an ideal you see as right than the actual rightness of the ideal, and even that's questionable.

Violation of Multiple Rules
violation of multiple rules

A discussion is such when both parties are willing to take an effort, an actual effort, in debating their positions. It is not a discussion when one liners are given, snarky images are posted, or people try their hardest to weaken someone's position by literally dragging them through the mud in all ways possible.

There was a decent argument to be had about "How much of a backstory change is justifiable in the optics of a director when compared to canon material" and you squandered it over colonialism apologia or hatred of such.

There are multiple infracted, and multiple infractions have been handed over.

The thread will now be reopened, but I must solicit the following, widespread warning:

Keep it civil.

Did anyone else who see the film felt the lack of any of the human characters from the previous films, or much mention of them was bad? I feel those characters needed more of a mention to give some closure, if the actors couldn't come back to reprise their roles.

Last edited:
Pff fuck the human characters, when Jane got her ass dropped off the face of the MCU offscreen along with Kat "mewmew" Dennings and sundry I said "Good".

Pff fuck the human characters, when Jane got her ass dropped off the face of the MCU offscreen along with Kat "mewmew" Dennings and sundry I said "Good".
I was really glad we don't have them lingering around for absolutely no reason. Though it does seem odd that in between Thor 2 and 3 Thor went from willing to give up everything for Jane to brushing of their break up. I guess Odin was right when he said it was a passing fancy.

Did anyone else who see the film felt the lack of any of the human characters from the previous films, or much mention of them was bad? I feel those characters needed more of a mention to give some closure, if the actors couldn't come back to reprise their roles.
After like 15 MCU films, I barely remember who they were. There was Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings and Skellen skarsgard? And some plucky comic relief sidekicks for Thor in the first movie?

Ever since watching the Transformers cartoon as a kid I have loathed the role your human characters play in that sort of thing. Drop them off the rainbow bridge please.

Even if they were still around, why would they be in this movie? Thor's on Earth for like half an hour in-universe time and maybe 5 minutes onscreen.

Sorry to bring up the sore subject that got this thread locked, but I just wanted to publicly apologize for letting my emotions get the better of me. No matter how I feel about the subject at hand or how it's personally effected me, what I said was totally out of line. Even my statements before that leaned a bit too much on the condescending side. So again, sorry and I will do better.

ITT: the only possible way to redress the past is time travel.

If that was actually something that most people (rather than maybe a few fringe elements at most) actually believed, there would be no such thing as Torts or Justice Systems or possibly even Laws.

Even if they were still around, why would they be in this movie? Thor's on Earth for like half an hour in-universe time and maybe 5 minutes onscreen.

I dunno, it'd be kinda cool to see Jane doing actual research for once instead of either going n a date for reasons that are never explained or wandering around randomly.

I dunno, it'd be kinda cool to see Jane doing actual research for once instead of either going n a date for reasons that are never explained or wandering around randomly.

Yeah that would have been nice to see a better use of the characters. Considering it was Natalie Portman playing her, I was thinking they were eventually going to slide her into being Lady Thor. She seemed a bit high profile to be playing a side role. Sadly that didn't turn out to be the case.

Yeah that would have been nice to see a better use of the characters. Considering it was Natalie Portman playing her, I was thinking they were eventually going to slide her into being Lady Thor. She seemed a bit high profile to be playing a side role. Sadly that didn't turn out to be the case.
The Lady Thor thing in the comics al aye seemed stupid to me.
Thor isn't his title because he wields Mjolnir, Thor is literally his name.

If they have a storyline where Jane becomes rightful and worthy wielded of Mjolnir, then that would be pretty cool. Calling her Thor as a result is just a dumb marketing gimmick.

Jane as Lady Thor, that would have been good.

I feel like there's actually good arcs from the comics to mine instead of the bad ones. Give Sif a run or some new Valkyrie stuff even

Back