The Thunder of Coins - [Warbirds-system OOC]

I'm good with a wrap up post for the night and then jumping to the train station. All that I had left planned for Mavis at the bar was to finish the night with parting glass, and find someone to knock boots with. Then I think we get a day or two before we have to take the train to the coast. I can easily recap the further misadventures of Mavis in home port in a post.

Last edited:
I am also in favor of a wrap up post. Dawson would hang out with Hagi and leave the lovebirds alone. He also has a lot of business to attend to over the next day or so.

Everyone can post if they want to do anything before you leave town and then I will ship you off towards your next destination~

Now that we have wrapped up the stay at home, all players will be given 1 additional Stat Point for general great RPing from everyone. Additionally, as we have not strictly used skill checks, and this had been something of a smaller series of days ICly, all players will be given 10 XP points to freely use how they see fit. I would of course welcome it, if you would mark down the changes on your character sheet and post them for posterities sake as you had done before.

I hope everyone is ready for the next mission arc~

@Vagabond422 ; @Dariusprime , @Semi-Autogyro - I just noticed something that I hadn't seen before. Back when you last go your Rewards, I already intended to give you two Stat Points, but all three of you taught they were handled the same way as XP - which they are not. Instead Stat Points raise your Stat by one point from 0 to 1 or 1 to 2 (please keep in mind that 3 is the human maximum). I am sorry I just noticed it after months, but I am thankful we hadn't actually needed those stats since then.

I would like everyone to add those two Stat Points to their Character and instead of the 1 additional Stat Point I just wanted to give you, I would rather give you more free XP. Bringing it up to 20 free XP you can now use on your skills. I hope this is acceptable to everyone and thank you for your patience with me.

2 XP to Gunnery raising it to 2 Hopefully she can hit something now
1 XP to Persuasion raising it to 1 She talked Hawkins into liking her somehow
5 XP to Athletics raising it to 3 Can't skip Leg Day
4 XP to Command Raising it to 2 Well I guess she's got to pick this up now.
8 XP to Strafing Raising it to 4 Not sitting on her laurels when it comes to this

+1 to body bringing it to 2 Getting stronger
+1 to spirit bringing it to 1 Mavis is rubbing off on her.

Cues spoony bard training montage music

Stats
Spirit +2 bringing it to +3 total; ♫ See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!♫

Skills
2 XP to Academics bringing it to Rank 1 [2/4]; ♫Pretty, witty, and wise~♫
3 XP to Athletics bringing it to Rank 2; ♫You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power!♫
4 XP to Awareness bringing it to Rank 2; ♫I wear my sunglasses at night~♫
2 XP to Interrogation bringing it to Rank 1; ♫There's a new cop on the beat, and I'm bringing down the heat!♫
2 XP to Perform bringing it to Rank 3 [2/8]; ♫I put a spell on you~♫
4 XP to Persuade bringing it to Rank 2; ♫Rusted brandy in a diamond glass, everything is made from dreams~♫
3 XP to Shooting bringing it to Rank 2; ♫Bang bang, my baby shot me down~♫

Last edited:
Thank you, Simpli! :grin:

Skills: 20/20 xp

1 xp: Academics +1 (1/4 xp). Stay sharp.
4 xp: Athletics +1 to +2. For challenging work.
6 xp: Awareness +2 to +3. Be efficient.
3 xp: Barter +1 to +2. For professionals.
4 xp: Etiquette +1 to +2. Be polite.
2 xp: Shooting +2 (2/6 xp). The plan.

Stats: 2/2

Spirit: +1 A well-rounded gentleman.
Body: +1 Ditto.

I also updated his equipment to reflect the gun belt and shoulder harness.

Okay, throwing this out there because as a militant quasi-religious order ranks would probably be a good idea. I'm stealing borrowing liberally from the Sisters of Battle from 40K, because that's the closest analogue I can think of.

Enlisted - Sister (private) / Battle Sister (corporal)
NCOs - Sister Superior
Junior Officers - Palatine
Officers - Legatine
Staff Officers - Canoness
Commander of the Order - Canoness Superior

Thoughts?

It seems like we haven't rolled anything in a while~ If you are going to follow the Witch Seer towards the Staircase, please give me an Athletic check upon exiting the car~

The tigress kitten stalks out of the vehicle to start prowling...

Athletics Check: 5 (d6) + 2 (Athletics Skill) + 0 (Stat) = 7
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Athletics Check Total: 5
5 5

Last edited:
Okay, I've been trying to think of a decent post since Sunday, and banging my head against the wall isn't likely to knock anything else loose. So I'm sorry, but I admit that I just have no idea what I could post. Namely, there's just not a lot of material to work with for me. Excellent worldbuilding as usual Simpli, but personally I can maybe squeeze a few sentences out of that at best and that's just not up to what I feel is an acceptable post in this game for myself.

As for suggestions? Maybe if we just montaged the rest of the trip up to the dinner with the Grand-Witch and Witch Captain Thembi? It would give a lot more material to work with, on my end.

Last edited:
I was trying to work in a small adventure in the city, so if everyone rolls I can say what happens to whom.

Ah! I interpreted your post as an Athletics roll for Mavis only. I'm sorry for the delay.

Now watch as I completely bungle this simple Athletics roll!

8 total. The die vexes me so.
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Athletics +2 Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
Back