The Thunder of Coins - [Warbirds-system OOC]

Could Mavis aid another on that check, perhaps by giving a real loud distraction that'd pause the kids for a second and let Al gain on them?

I'll get the IC post up after when I'm home and not on my lunch break...

Anyways, plan whistle stop here we go!

11 = 5 (d6) + 3 (Stat) + 3 (Skill) [Sadly, sex appeal does not count here, it's not a wolf whistle I'm shooting for!]
Semi-Autogyro threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Perform +3 (Knack) Total: 7
2 2 5 5

Last edited:
Happy two Year Anniversary - if we count from the start of the IC Thread. I for one will now break my head against an ancient Greek translation test and then proceed to demolish some cakes in our honour~ ^-^
It has been a blast and while things were slow from time to time and we have lost fellow players on the way, I hope that everyone is having as much fun with Thunder of Coins as I am. It truly is the RP against which my others pale~

Happy Anniversary! I'm proud to be a part of this great rp, with memorable characters and worldbuilding. Here's to many more! 🍸

A little bit of info I looked into for fun for the 2 year anniversary. In Character, we are around 183,600 words total. That equals about to 490 words per post. The longest post was about 2,300 words. 1,000 words single-spaced is about 1 page in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or equivalent software. 1,000 words in a book is about 3 pages; which would make Coins right around 550 pages if it was in dead tree format!

The average word length of different genres:
  • Autobiography/Memoir – 45,000 to 80,000
  • Sci-Fi/Fantasy – 50,000 to 150,000
  • Romance – 50,000 to 90,000
  • Mystery/Horror – 40,000 to 80,000
  • Contemporary/Young Adult – 60,000 to 90,000
Most impressive!

Last edited:
I do believe that sounds like a good lunch. A fine idea!

Now you betray me, random number generator. I Will Remember This! *shakes fist*

Tell you what, if you allow it and for the sake of a good story, I'll throw +2 from Reserve onto that roll. Bringing the total to a 6 plus/minus the car's Performance.

This is not the time to crash into random objects in a crowded area!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting +3 Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
Persuasion (Intimidation) 1+2+2= 5 Total...wow these rolls don't like me.
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Persuasion (Intimidation) +1 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
Gonna roll a Persuade to help out Al.

Persuade: d6 (3) + Spirit (+1) + Persuade (+1) = 5. Not bad, not bad.

Edit to add Spirit.
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Persuade +1 Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Hey @Vagabond422,

Mind having Al replying here? Then Darius can chime in since Dawson's there and I'll come in last with Mavis so the squads all back together at the end.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Doing one last intimidation just to make sure we got everything we're going to get out of this.

Persuade (Intimidation) 1+2+ 1= 4

Wow this is going well...
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Persuasion (Intimidation) +1 Total: 1
1 1

Okay, if you'll allow, I'll try two things at once here.

One, have a look and listen around the area.

Awareness: d6 (2) + Mind (+1) + Awareness (+3) = 6

Second, try to help out Al again.

Persuade: d6 (4) + Spirit (+1) + Persuade (+1) = 6

Okay, I can work with those!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Persuade +2 Total: 4
4 4
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Awareness +4 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
A Merry Christmas to Everyone - or at least a few happy holidays if you have them! I hope you are proud of yourself, bringing a young girl to tears and vandalizing this poor alley~!

Back