The Life and Times of a Half Saiyan King (Thread2)

....Whut?

Sillyness aside we don't have our Briefs name bonus on the sheet anymore? unless it got moved the only one i can see is line/name of the son.

Edit:

So....lets teach Gohan how to green so he can bs his way into perfect Ki control...

The Yellow Ki is the Ki of Death.
True Mastery brings you further from the Saiyan interpretation and closer to the actual color. In this case, being dead.
Deceased Soul is a status effect you get while dead.

You never had the Name or Line of the Briefs trait. This is because neither of those bonuses were trait bonuses, they were stat boosts and skills (Intimidate, Mad Science, Intelligence etc.)

Legendary Saiyan's perfect control doesn't count for those kinds of prereqs. You actually need to max out the Skill.

Super Gohan (Neophyte): This enhanced form is an immense strain on the body and the mind. To handle the strain of energy you force through yourself you must first master the Saiyan instincts of the form.
2/2 TS - 70/70 XP
3/3 TS - 80/80 XP
Doesn't that mean that he should be Master? Considering he maxed out both things of TS and XP?
Ultimate Super Saiyan (Unlocked): The pure drain of this form is incredible, and remarkably efficient despite this. It is doubtful anyone has the sheer force of will and Endurance to master this incredible power, even partially. To even assume this form almost knocks you out.
0/4 TS - 0/100 XP (Negated due to Age and strain of this form on your body)
Is SS the only form that does said strain young-kids bodies, making it way harder to learn? Because it's multiplier is way higher than any of the other forms.
Unseen Blast (Modifer) - Perfect: By channeling your attack through your eyes, you can surprise an enemy at the expense of reduced power and temporary blindness.
Effect: Modified attack gains [Misdirect] and [No-Handed] Keyword
Cost: Attack is treated as -1 Tier
0/1 - 0/15 XP - Zenitch, you may choose to expend 5 Stamina to negate the -1 Tier cost
Why does he still suffer temporary blindness, when our thing notes that, if we level it up to Skilled we'll no longer be blinded?
Yellowpoke - Basic: You can channel Yellow Ki into your finger, then launch it like a dart from a blowgun at someone. At this level it's slightly stronger than if you'd punched them, but does strange things to Colored Ki-Auras and Transformations.
Cost: 1 Stamina
0/1 TS - 0/10 XP - Basic, ???

Orangepoke - Basic: You can channel Orange Ki into your finger, then launch it like a dart from a blowgun at someone. At this level it's slightly stronger than if you'd punched them, but does strange things to Colored Ki-Auras or Transformations. If used on a Super Saiyan will induce the Deluded Super Saiyan form.
Cost: 1 Stamina
0/1 TS - 0/10 XP - Basic, ???
He already has them at Basic, next rank should be something else.

Great to see this continue in a new thread! I don't know how I missed this thread for all these months :oops:

I wish the rolls where in the updates. That would be my only "complaint". I really enjoy this even without the rolls though

He is Gohan's twin so that would be a great reference.
He is maybe two whole centimetres taller and very slightly thinner but it's not really visible unless you pay close attention so feel free to ignore that.

He wears his hair naturally, no product or adornment to hold it in a style.
It's incredibly spiky, like all Saiyans, and jet black.
His hair is currently long enough to be classed as a mullet I guess (check the image post for him, it's up ^^^ in the Spoiler)

He wears a deep purple Gi kept in the finest materials, Green wristbands and belt with his tail typically wrapped below the belt. Look at Piccolo or Gohan's non-Orange uniforms for reference.
On the back of his Gi is the Demon King Kanji. This is mainly cause I don't think child-Gohan proportions allow the Kanji on the front without looking squished. If you can pull it off on the front go for it.
He does wear the white cape but not as often as Gohan and is quick to discard it in combat situations.
The little white collar thing is optional. He sometimes has it, sometimes not. Depends on artist preference or the needs of the scene to be honest as the white can help break things up or get in the way.

His shoes are the Namekian pointed footwear

He is usually in the air unless he needs to be on the ground or seated. This is mostly to make up for his smallness (due to being a child), it's hard to look down at people when you reach their shin. You end up looking at their feet.

Demon king kanji:

Edit: the cape mentioned is the one in the Gohan character picture.
Shoulder pads, cape down to roughly shin length, white, large neck thingy. He does not wear the turban with it.
What is his eye color? Its for a omake where Gossard is Zod and Gohan The Great Saiyaman Superman

@lordchaos99 Besides the Watcher Trait, how does having someone teach us something help with training? Presumably being taught is faster than figuring it out ourselves, but Im curious how that applies itself to the mechanics.

Multiplier increases by 0.1 each time you succeed on the DC. DC 15 +1 for each successful increase on a D100. High emotions can cause either a bonus or multiple checks. At current mastery, Multiplier does not lower.
Wait, that means our max multiplier is 13.5x , barring great emotions. Because then the DC is 101, which is greater than we could roll on a 1d100.

Doesn't that mean that he should be Master? Considering he maxed out both things of TS and XP?

Is SS the only form that does said strain young-kids bodies, making it way harder to learn? Because it's multiplier is way higher than any of the other forms.

Why does he still suffer temporary blindness, when our thing notes that, if we level it up to Skilled we'll no longer be blinded?

He already has them at Basic, next rank should be something else.

Dammit, copy/pasta issues and lack of updated text for Blindness
Fixed

As far as you know SS is the only one to do that. It's not directly because the multiplier is so high, it's more that both the strain and high multiplier are from the same source.

I can work with that and a honest question are my Omakes any good? To me they are all needlessly melodramatic and over the top edgy along with a habit of being excessively wordy. Though this time I have a Beta for grammar and spelling.

I like melodrama and edge can be hilarious if done for comedic effect. Like some of Gossards actions are played for laughs because he is an edgy little 5 year old warlord.
Words are good, it is always better to use more words in a fiction than not enough words as it helps you improve as a writer more and more. And it's easier for an editor/you doing the second draft to delete sentences and words than it is for them to add them.

I appreciate your Omake. I appreciate every Omake, it gives me a warm feeling that people like my Quest enough they want to commission art, write their own little mini-fanfic, or other forms of praise.
Every work of artistic talent can be improved, but that is universal it applies to you, myself, Toriyama, even Tolkien and Pratchett's works. Don't worry about how good your Omake is, worry about how your next work of fiction (regardless of what it is, be it Omake, short story, your own Quest, a book) is better than your last work of fiction.

Great to see this continue in a new thread! I don't know how I missed this thread for all these months :oops:

I wish the rolls where in the updates. That would be my only "complaint". I really enjoy this even without the rolls though

Perhaps I can add in a few of them. Not for Combat though, those things get Dicey.
Most of those months it's been up it was on a procrastination break so don't feel too bad haha.

Wait, that means our max multiplier is 13.5x , barring great emotions. Because then the DC is 101, which is greater than we could roll on a 1d100.

This is purely for in-combat. Also 97, 98, 99 and 100 will always proc an upgrade until it doesn't (around x60) it just slows down a lot.
There are different rules for out of combat, for example you can meditate for up to +100

Actually I think I'll add that to the trait to make that clear

Look up Bob the Beards Cooler and Broly quest for it was Glorious while it lasted.

I agree, it was a major worldbuilding inspiration for me. I obviously changed more than a few things, but you can see aspects of his work in my own.

How will the dragonballs work in the quest? Will you allow wishes?

The Dragonballs from Dragonball and Dragonball Z have been depowered, since Piccolo fused with Kami a lot earlier.
The Dragonball GT Black Star balls are the ones being used.
Wish Dragons are also a thing.

I do allow Wishes, in fact the balls have been used already. Making a wish isn't an action, you just add it in what you want to wish for.
When you make a wish, you must immediately catch the Black Star balls before they scatter throughout the Galaxy. Basically grab them before they leave Atmo or you are going on the Grand Tour early.
After a Wish, the planet is on a one-year destruction timeline, if you regather the Balls you may turn this destruction off BUT it fills one of the Balls with shadow energy. If all 7 are filled then they will generate Wish Dragons.
If a wish is made in Space or on a planet that does not qualify, the Ball will fill immediately.
In order to qualify they need to be a certain level of planetary metaphysical maturity, but as a general rule if it has a Guardian/Kami on it then it counts.

The Wish made was by the first DBZ Movie-Villain. In canon he wished for Immortality. In this canon, he wished for all the Power of all martial artists and their descendants.
It's the arc immediately after the Piccolo Kidnapping arc, it's where Gossard went False Saiyan (from the Lord Slug movie) and Gohan bribed my dice to become the Ultimate Super Saiyan.

Wishes have also been used during the Lord Slug invasion that started this thread off. Though those were done using a different set of Dragonballs that were crafted by the various Lord Slugs.

*Points to Kami being ded and our sister being the Guardian in Training*

Step into the Grand Tour, Dragonball GT.
Y'all got Blackstar Balls.

Last edited:
I don't roll for it, unless things are going badly. You know when Shadow Dragons appear, only when you drain too many Wishes into the Balls. It's a max limit to their use, not an active risk /use

When they were used, you were delayed a little bit, started from much further away and were rapidly losing power while in your Base form. This was before you Zenkaied a few times. I rolled for that, and you grabbed every last one (though the last roll succeeded right on the DC if I remember correctly).
If you were to use them, you'd have them in hand before they can rise 200 meters.

Even if you did miss them (absurd, it's more likely they get stolen and then used by NPCs and you miss That which is still absurd) you can just make Galaxy Radar and go on the Grand Tour. You lot are planning on going to at least 2 different planets soon anyway (to gank Frieza and recover Broly). You'd have a full year to recover them.

Oh, and I haven't watched Soul Eater apart from maybe the first couple episodes I think. Might be confusing it with another anime. I don't generally watch chinese cartoons, too degenerate for my tastes :p

@lordchaos99 Besides the Watcher Trait, how does having someone teach us something help with training? Presumably being taught is faster than figuring it out ourselves, but Im curious how that applies itself to the mechanics.

Can we put XP in something without doing a Training Session? Because there are a fair number of skills where we have all the TS we need, but not enough XP.

Are turns still going to be half a year each? Because with every rank of every skill requiring atleast 1 TS, it's going to take much longer to learn anything at all.

Will there be more scenes of bills studying our transformation and how the physically change us? Feel like she'll be very surprised to find gohan is kinda not alive while in ssj form. Our how legendary and false effect us mentally and how false effects reality.

Gottex has been updated.
Her Ki Techniques and Magical Manipulation are unlisted because she isn't really focused on them.
She has Flight at Zenith, a minor Gust spell, a minor Spark spell (technically she will learn this during the next turn, I have a scene planned) and Magic materialization.

Can we put XP in something without doing a Training Session? Because there are a fair number of skills where we have all the TS we need, but not enough XP.

Are turns still going to be half a year each? Because with every rank of every skill requiring atleast 1 TS, it's going to take much longer to learn anything at all.

Teachers can give bonuses like allow you to learn Techniques or increase XP invested similar to Gohan's Super trait, or giving a flat amount of XP into the trained skill.
Piccolo for example lets you train two different Demon King or [Misdirect] Techniques with one slot.

Yes, you can invest XP from your Experience Pool at any time into any skill provided it isn't at the TS cap (which if you'll remember is Total Xp required / number of Training Sessions)

No, Quarter turns.

Will there be more scenes of bills studying our transformation and how the physically change us? Feel like she'll be very surprised to find gohan is kinda not alive while in ssj form. Our how legendary and false effect us mentally and how false effects reality.

Bulma has a lot of info but right now is a little focused on making sure her latest Princess isn't going to be a Saiyan Color messing up her plans for a spoiled little prince or princess.
She will probably tear some hair out when it turns out the little one has a HUMAN Color messing up her plans for a spoiled little prince or princess :p

False affects reality in the same way Magic does. It's just instinctual rather than consciously shaped like a magic spell.

Well well this is some interesting changes....pink seems to be the semi divine state of the guardians. While the next unlock for that is to actually assume the Divine Saiyan form...and then it turns out to be easier to unlock divine related transformations?

She is a God, innately. It's harder to achieve Divinely Inspired because the Kai changed how the universe and that transformation works.

Divinely Inspired/Pink has always been the semi-divine state in this quest. It was mentioned all the way back when Gossard was a baby, he noted how Kami had odd feeling Ki.

I'm not sure how needing to unlock the Red/Pink hair skill and then spend 100 XP to get the transformation on top of that is easier than for example Super Gohan or Legendary Saiyan.
Even going the Aura route takes less XP in total.

Also, I realized I forgot one of Gohans techniques. The Ki Shapeshifting, so I'll be editing that in in a minute

She is a God, innately. It's harder to achieve Divinely Inspired because the Kai changed how the universe and that transformation works.

Divinely Inspired/Pink has always been the semi-divine state in this quest. It was mentioned all the way back when Gossard was a baby, he noted how Kami had odd feeling Ki.

I'm not sure how needing to unlock the Red/Pink hair skill and then spend 100 XP to get the transformation on top of that is easier than for example Super Gohan or Legendary Saiyan.
Even going the Aura route takes less XP in total.

Also, I realized I forgot one of Gohans techniques. The Ki Shapeshifting, so I'll be editing that in in a minute
I meant I was surprised how easy it was in comparison to her other unlock it seemed

Back