The Life and Times of a Half Saiyan King (Thread2)

Hey, @lordchaos99, didn't you say Magic couldn't do physical enhancement? Because it sounds like Lord Slug figured out how to use Magic as a Ki substitute for mobility. Would you say that sufficiently advanced Magic is indistinguishable from Ki? Because it seems that every function of Ki can be substituted with Magic.
Telekinesis is psychic bullshit while Magic is the science of Concepts. Lord Slug was using the former.

@lordchaos99 You said that False Gossard has no problems with insanity, right? Cause right now, it honestly feels like our mind is being fucked with, and I have no idea where the fucking is coming from. Things keep changing when Gossard isn't paying attention. First Gohan and the Crowd dissappear, and then all the enemy aliens, and now everyone with a PL over 93.

Also, I'm surprised that his mind-attack proved so effective against Legend. Legend seemed like it would have been able to rebuff him fairly easily if not consume him, what with hive-mind and other stuff.

No-one is fucking with Gossard's mind. Any fucking is actually happening. Someone is messing with how Ki is detected, not just for them but also others.
It wasn't effective, you tricked him into coming into your mind. You also needed to drop down to Base before you could launch into False Saiyan, because False Gossard has Buffs in Telepath-Combat.

I'm really annoyed at that. We have to dedicate actions to get it, and Gohan just gets it. WE'RE suppose to be the special one, darnit! But now he not only learns shit twice as fast as us (with a teacher), but he can steal moves mid-fight. I'm starting to not care that Gohan would hold it over our heads, I really want to get ourselves the Watcher trait to even the playing field again. I mean, it's not like our super-powerfulness is making us special anymore, since Gohan can just Zenkai his way up to us. So we can't let ourselves fall behind in skill.

I know, I know. But still. Gohan is outclassing us. That's what I'm annoyed at, we are Gossard, The King, our brother should at best match us, not be better than us. Gotta make up for it.

Except, the thing is, Bro wouldn't just be an advisor as things stand. He's on the road to being just better than us, instead of roughly equal despite excelling at different things. We gotta fix that shit.

He can't steal moves mid-fight, he spent an action to recreate the Tenma Shield after he saw you use it in combat.
You have the better attack right now, basically auto-firing homing rockets.
You could earn the Copycat trait, just try to copy in combat.

@lordchaos99 How would you feel about omakes being written explicitly for rewards? Would that be too game-y for your tastes? I totes understand that it needs to meet some minimum quality, players can't just churn out tons of mediocre stuff and expect rewards, but I'm wondering if it's allowed at all.

I'd rather focus on the result. Do I get player interaction and quality omakes? Yes, so reward them.
I don't care why an Omake is written, only that it was written. Well no, obviously I'd rather get happy omakes than spiteful omake designed to roast my decisions, but thats still better than nothing.

man i love this quest. it has the old dbz feeling of getting hyped for the next fight.

:D:D:D

We can learn copycat. Lordchaos did mention that was an option for us in the old thread. We'll just have to do a writein. Our copycat though won't be as good as Gohan's.

@lordchaos99 How do Copycat and Watcher stack? Does Watcher allow Gohan to break the 7/10 martial art copying cap?

No, if you have the Watcher all you get is 'Roll 2, take the Best' on Copycat rolls. Thats the extent of the buff.

Hey, @lordchaos99, didn't you say Magic couldn't do physical enhancement? Because it sounds like Lord Slug figured out how to use Magic as a Ki substitute for mobility. Would you say that sufficiently advanced Magic is indistinguishable from Ki? Because it seems that every function of Ki can be substituted with Magic.

Telekinesis isn't a Magical technique.
Users of TK in canon:
Piccolo
Vegeta
Goku
Frieza
Slug
Cell
Future Trunks
Soo many other people, though a few mentioned aren't using TK in this canon, like General Blue or Guldo (Paralysis with eyesight and TimeStop are Not the same thing as Telekinesis dammit!)

Also, there is some overlap with techniques (for example there is both Ki and Magic forms of Teleportation) but overall they are distinct.

Probably yes, although traveling in time and changing things will make Loli!Time yell at you. The more justified you are, the less yelling.

What I'm getting from this is wait until we're late teen/adult Gossard and then going back in time and beating kid Gossard up and getting him to just calm down. Teach him how to properly rule instead of not caring about his subjects.

Seriously a shit ruler doesn't care about his subjects and that seems to be what Gossard is heading towards. Survival of the fittest is cool and all but sometimes it isn't the right path. The sooner Gossard learns that the better.

What I'm getting from this is wait until we're late teen/adult Gossard and then going back in time and beating kid Gossard up and getting him to just calm down. Teach him how to properly rule instead of not caring about his subjects.

Seriously a shit ruler doesn't care about his subjects and that seems to be what Gossard is heading towards. Survival of the fittest is cool and all but sometimes it isn't the right path. The sooner Gossard learns that the better.

I just got a very bizarre case of double deja-vu from this post and i have no idea why...

Weird.

Gossard for all intents and purposes cares only about his Momma, siblings and Mister Piccolo. At this point in time ruling as King of the earth is a afterthought that he just does to fill out his checklist. I don't think he really does care about being in charge. It's just a instinctive thing for him. If we want him to care we need to get him worthy subjects that he would want to be a great ruler for. So time to go friend/minion hunting sometime in the future. The more morality chains we bind him with the better.

Last edited:
The more morality chains we bind him with the better.
Just don't try any romantic things. Because Gossard's psychology is purely Sayian, and we have been told a lot of times that Sayian romantic standards are entirely insane by human standards and would just make everything worse to try. Things that will help are cooperation, but Gossard is capable enough in almost everything that it's close to entirely unnecessary.

No, if you have the Watcher all you get is 'Roll 2, take the Best' on Copycat rolls. Thats the extent of the buff.

So pointless for Gohan since he always crits :p That is a nice perk though. That means Gohan is gonna learn martial arts way faster than Gossard. Funnily enough at this rate Gossard is gonna be the weakest of his three siblings once Gottex becomes SSG.

Something to keep in mind I think is that while the Legend was a king. He was a conquering King who strode a path of carnage, a brutal warlord who ruled with the iron fist of battle, smiting all that opposed him with destructive might and terrible wrath. A demiurge who derived his authority from raging blood and fire.
Gossard is dealing with the instincts of a Legend who was awesome in his power and most likely very intelligent. But definitely not an virtuoso at diplomacy and non violent conflict resolution or not being a barbaric mega dick. Gossard views the world as they which is within his divine grace and that which is not.
That which is not is filthy heresy to his vision of the universe and must be obliterated. The world is his to toy and break as he pleases. The trick to making Gossard good is the power of Love and Friendship. So far we have Gohan and Gottex to give us a reason not to indulge ourselves. Bulma might not care if we destory the world and Piccolo is still undecided on being a good guy.
We need to expand on that and gather more precious people that will keep him on the straight and narrow. There's one flaw to that though in that if said loved ones are damaged and or harmed Gossard pun intended will go ape shit. As for romance we just need to find some girl with oviarys of steel. I'd suggest hiring a psychiatrist but Sayian psychology and all that.

Last edited:
More reason for Gossard to rampage. Also I think at this point Gohan needs a Trait like. The Kings Keeper: It is your duty to stop the destructive madness of your brother be it by words or Power. You have a bonus to all rolls involveing making your brother calm the fuck down.
As for the primordal Sayian Martial Arts they probably give a modifier to strength or become more effective the more you give into your brutality and unleash the rage of the Beast. The more wild and savage you fight the more powerful you become.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gohan gets a trait like that. He's already fought Gossard three times during his rampages. It's kinda his thing at this point :p

Something to keep in mind I think is that while the Legend was a king. He was a conquering King who strode a path of carnage, a brutal warlord who ruled with the iron fist of battle, smiting all that opposed him with destructive might and terrible wrath. A demiurge who derived his authority from raging blood and fire.
Gossard is dealing with the instincts of a Legend who was awesome in his power and most likely very intelligent. But definitely not an virtuoso at diplomacy and non violent conflict resolution or not being a barbaric mega dick. Gossard views the world as they which is within his divine grace and that which is not.
That which is not is filthy heresy to his vision of the universe and must be obliterated. The world is his to toy and break as he pleases. The trick to making Gossard good is the power of Love and Friendship. So far we have Gohan and Gottex to give us a reason not to indulge ourselves. Bulma might not care if we destory the world and Piccolo is still undecided on being a good guy.
We need to expand on that and gather more precious people that will keep him on the straight and narrow. There's one flaw to that though in that if said loved ones are damaged and or harmed Gossard pun intended will go ape shit. As for romance we just need to find some girl with oviarys of steel. I'd suggest hiring a psychiatrist but Sayian psychology and all that.

If nothing else Gottex and Gohan will stop him if he decides to try to break the planet. Gohan will do it because that's literally all he's done his entire life. Gottex cause she's Kami and she can't be Kami if Gossard breaks her planet :p Piccolo might not be a good guy, but he is after conquering the planet/galaxy not destroying the whole thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gohan gets a trait like that. He's already fought Gossard three times during his rampages. It's kinda his thing at this point :p

If nothing else Gottex and Gohan will stop him if he decides to try to break the planet. Gohan will do it because that's literally all he's done his entire life. Gottex cause she's Kami and she can't be Kami if Gossard breaks her planet :p Piccolo might not be a good guy, but he is after conquering the planet/galaxy not destroying the whole thing.
That's like four people and Bulma. The more people who can reason with Gossard and explain to him why that is bad the better.

>Implying Bulma is a good influence

If anything she wouldn't even stop us. She'd just make sure we'd be smart about it. She's not even against us blowing up Mars or taking over the planet going by old posts. Bulma is just as crazy as everyone else only she's smart about it :p

She'l stop us from killing her friends at least?

I think we know everyone that matters to her by this point. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, they are not Bulma's friends so they're just PREYTHINGS.

If anything she wouldn't even stop us. She'd just make sure we'd be smart about it. She's not even against us blowing up Mars or taking over the planet going by old posts. Bulma is just as crazy as everyone else only she's smart about it :p

I think we know everyone that matters to her by this point. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, they are not Bulma's friends so they're just PREYTHINGS.
So in conclusion we need to find a super duper good person to befriend to balance out our negative kaema. That and figure out what made the First Legend. What was was thier life like? Did they suffer a lot of misery or fall in love, feel despair as they lost what was precious to them. Where they evil, good or something in between.
Did they have a family of some kind, what were they like personally and so on. By understanding the orgin of the Legend and it's purpose Gossard will know himself better and hopefully be less likely to Rip and Tear the Galaxy a new asshole. As is we should countune our practice of mediation to gain greater self control and it helps with shaping Ki as well as Magic probably.

Meh we've already maxed out meditation, I'm not picking it again unless Gossard is undergoing stress and trauma. Much prefer mastering Green and Orange as well as unlocking Gold. Also I don't see why we have to turn Gossard into a good person, he's much more interesting this way. I don't mind turning preythings into playthings and eventually loyal subjects. But I don't want to make him treat others like his equal.

Meh we've already maxed out meditation, I'm not picking it again unless Gossard is undergoing stress and trauma. Much prefer mastering Green and Orange as well as unlocking Gold. Also I don't see why we have to turn Gossard into a good person, he's much more interesting this way. I don't mind turning preythings into playthings and eventually loyal subjects. But I don't want to make him treat others like his equal.
I want mediation for Murder Zen mode in combat for style. As for us being good don't worry about me ever wanting that I am always going for the most Legendary option of creative mass destruction and wanton slaughter. Morality pets are just to make sure he stays stable and charcter interactions. Seeing how Gossard would treat friends not his brother or sisters is interesting to me.

ALL HAIL THE KING!!

FOR HE IS LEGEND!​

Last edited:
A LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN's instincts are a bit more than just to fight and to be the very best. A LEGEND already IS the best, by their very birthright.

"What is best in life"
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. Then to spend a looong time dismembering them for having the gall to be your enemies, repeating the same of their women and devouring what remains as you burn the planet to ash. Then destroy the ash, for it is a reminder that someone had the temerity to oppose you.
To own everything you do not destroy. To crush your Rivals beneath your feet and make them beg for mercy, then let them live out their days in worship of your gloriousness while suffering indignities in a fate worse than death.

Everything you see is either Yours or less than worthless, an actively abhorrent stain upon Your Universe.
If you want to be a LEGENDARY Hero, try and find a way to mindwipe yourself and undergo enough mental conditioning you are no longer Gossard as you see him now, but a new boy in his skin. The best, absolute best, you can be is a mildly sadistic anti-hero who has achieved enlightenment in his quest to tame his primal need, and even that isn't quite enough, with an entourage of Morality Pets that you act heroic around to please them.

You are currently a child, all of that destructive instinct is still building within you, not yet surfaced but its there, craving to be tapped into, whispering seductive promises of carnage.

So in conclusion we need to find a super duper good person to befriend to balance out our negative kaema. That and figure out what made the First Legend. What was was thier life like? Did they suffer a lot of misery or fall in love, feel despair as they lost what was precious to them. Where they evil, good or something in between.
Did they have a family of some kind, what were they like personally and so on. By understanding the orgin of the Legend and it's purpose Gossard will know himself better and hopefully be less likely to Rip and Tear the Galaxy a new asshole. As is we should countune our practice of mediation to gain greater self control and it helps with shaping Ki as well as Magic probably.

Gohan seems to be the person right now. He's probably not the most good person Gossard will meet in life, but he's the only that can beat Gossard down if Gossard goes to far.

Going by Lordchaos's statement this is gonna be an uphill battle. Legendary Saiyans are kinda crazy to put it lightly. The First Legend looks like the Saiyan mindset dialed up to 11. The morality pet thing is going to work though so time to collect morality pets for Gossard.

Unfortunately playing Gossard as a good guy is kinda hard. The best we can aim for is a "mildly sadistic anti-hero" as Lordchaos put it. Playing a moral character would have met picking Gohan or Gottex at the start and we kinda missed that boat.

Last edited:
For example, you were mildly curious about the odd Ki flow of the Troops. So you removed the head and neck of the first troop to approach you in order to examine it.
Then threatened to devour each and every one if Lord Slug didn't come out to face you, while you ate said first troop.

You see nothing wrong with that. It's logical AND nutritious, though you are mildly disappointed you couldn't try Alien Sandwich.

For example, you were mildly curious about the odd Ki flow of the Troops. So you removed the head and neck of the first troop to approach you in order to examine it.
Then threatened to devour each and every one if Lord Slug didn't come out to face you, while you ate said first troop.

You see nothing wrong with that. It's logical AND nutritious, though you are mildly disappointed you couldn't try Alien Sandwich.

Basically this is Gossard's mindset in a nutshell. He'll do things that are inhuman, but perfectly normal for a saiyan.

Basically this is Gossard's mindset in a nutshell. He'll do things that are inhuman, but perfectly normal for a saiyan.

And I love it. We need more quests with amoral PCs.

...Honestly I am fine with that..

You know we either save slugs kids for Piccolo to subsume to get stronger or should Gossard eat them to see what Namekian tastes like? We could probably maim them, rip off their arms and stuff. Try them that way. They'll regen from that.

Back