The Leila Hann Let's Watch Spoiler Thread: Seriously, Stop Spoiling Stuff

Well Monogatari is gonna be a JoJo, kinda expected this tbh, while I do believe the series is good it has some major yikes in it, just hope people don't commision her to do the entire series now. Her reviews of stuff she doesn't like are kinda boring ngl.

Well Monogatari is gonna be a JoJo, kinda expected this tbh, while I do believe the series is good it has some major yikes in it, just hope people don't commision her to do the entire series now. Her reviews of stuff she doesn't like are kinda boring ngl.
So far in her post-Mayoi reviews she still seems fairly engaged with the subject matter. It's just a split between elements she enjoys quite a bit and those she really dislikes.

I feel the same way. When media has something that really draws her ire or contempt, then those feelings tend to greatly affect what Leila produces. I really doubt that anything good will come of making her watch a show that she's already at "this is for pedophiles" with.

As she stated at the end, it's a harem show about an infantile fantasy to her now. So I doubt she'll give it any parody leniancy or accept that as a defence now. Now, it's just a harem show and the stuff with Mayoi clearly makes is a lot worse for her than that. Araragi is now going to be defined by what he did and having him as the protagonist with those feelings is probably going to worsen her feelings towards the show as we continue. Yes, she did say that she'll still likely like parts of the show moving forward. But she also said that she'll never like the show as a whole/think that it's good. We'll probably get some parts in the remaining reviews where she can still do her analysis and find something of value. However, the yikes stuff from Mayoi will likely overshadow the rest of Bakemono and Nisemono shouldn't be commissioned.

In regards to TWEWY, maybe? I remember the game having material that Leila might be able to engage with in the way she likes. I don't think it has anything that would make for a bad review, but I'm not sure if I'm a good judge for that. I'd say go for it, while admitting that other opinions might be more useful than mine.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the Bakemonogatari review, because if anything, Leila's criticism is being blisteringly fair here. The show absolutely has good elements and writing... and it's also got absolutely disgusting shit that's treated as normal, almost not even worth noting. Anyone who didn't expect Leila to call the show out over this was fooling themselves.

Also, I'm sure Leila will get some nice catharsis out of Araragi having his guts punched out. Honestly one of the best scenes in the first season, and only barely beat out by the beautiful animation of Araragi taking a sunlit walk shortly after he became a vampire in Kizumonogatari:

It's a beautiful scene, but given that Araragi at that point is like, Araragi at his most... everything, it's probably the least deserving of any time he gets beaten in. Kizu I is weird for him just... giving up and deciding to die. And that failing.

(I do occasionally wonder why the author made damaged Kiss-shot a loli and not like... anything else.)

For some reason that train scene made me think of Paranoia Agent. Now I want Leila to react to that.

Wonder what her reaction would be to Re:Zero... I may commission it if I get the funds... But for now I can only wonder(unless someone beats me to it)

@Alectai they do explain the reluctance; the exact mechanics, iirc, are never explained but doing this trick essentially damages Pride's body such that he'll need to find a new human container pretty fucking quickly.

Is there anything particularly notable about this set of RWBY episodes? Otherwise this will be a pretty boring couple updates.

Back