The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

If it's just the intended recipient, 1) that means we are giving it to Naga so you shouldn't have any problem, and 2) it would stop being a collar as soon as we decide to give it to Korra but a choker, because the intended recipient is human.
I'm pretty sure Korra could only wear Naga's collar as a belt.

Again, Li (and we) should have an idea who he's buying for. And what kind of kid gets his friend an animal collar to wear?

[X] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[X] Just the true.

[X] Buy a bracelet

[X] Spend time with the kids

Why would we? It's not a secret, but nor is it super well known. C ranked is average level, we know as much about the water tribe's customs as Bolin or Mako. And I could easily see neither of them knowing.
But Bolin and Mako aren't from or raised by people from the water tribe their orphans that lived in the city, what wouldn't be common knowledge for them would be common for us especially since we were around Kattara and probably got Aangs story and her collar was a plot point multiple times us not knowing a local marriage custom is weirder than two city boys who where more focused on survival than romance.

But Bolin and Mako aren't from or raised by people from the water tribe their orphans that lived in the city, what wouldn't be common knowledge for them would be common for us especially since we were around Kattara and probably got Aangs story and her collar was a plot point multiple times us not knowing a local marriage custom is weirder than two city boys who where more focused on survival than romance.
While we are from the south, we spent very little time learning about it and it's customs. As for Katara, for her it was just an heirloom, which would, if anything, signify that chokers aren't always betrothal necklaces. We mostly learn about it being a custom from when Sokka was courting the princess, and I could easily see that little bit of information not being covered in whatever history lessons we got.
So over all, while we are more likely to know, I see no reason it's a definite thing.

Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 86 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[51] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[29] Just the true.
-[19] Let Varrick "spice" the story a little.
[43] Spend time with the kids
[23] Buy a collar
[20] Buy a scarf.
[7] Explore with the kids
[5] Buy a bracelet
[3] Buy a polar bear-dog plushy.
-[1] Just the true.

Total No. of Voters: 53

Changing vote:
[X] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[X] Just the true.

[X] Buy a collar

[x] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[x] Just the true.

Heyo~!
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 86 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.9

[52] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[30] Just the Truth.
-[19] Let Varrick "spice" the story a little.
[43] Spend time with the kids
[24] Buy a collar
[19] Buy a scarf.
[7] Explore with the kids
[5] Buy a bracelet
[3] Buy a polar bear-dog plushy.
-[1] Just the true.

Total No. of Voters: 54

Spirits damn it. Why did the collar have to win :cry:! I wanted the Plushy!

Last edited:
Neck things.
[x] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[x] Just the Truth.

[x] Buy a collar

[x] Spend time with the kids

I hope that I did the right thing by telling Varrick to write just the truth, I mean, I know that my life had been amazing, I live with the passion of Youth in me after all, but I wonder… how people will react.
----------
I honestly didn't know that there were so many things that could be used at the neck! Chokers, necklaces, pendants, even collars! Though I think those are for pets… I'm almost sure.

I glanced at the bag of candies for the kids that I have on my back, maybe I should have delivered that to the orphanage first, because I think I will be here a while

[] Buy a Choker
-[] Write-in design
[] Buy a Necklace
-[] Write-in design
[] Buy a Pendant
-[] Write-in design
[] Buy a Collar
-[] Write-in design

----------
"Li, Li! Catch me!"

"Li look how fast I can run!"

"Li! Look how I climb!"

"Snowball fight!"

…Maybe giving all the candy to the kids was a bad idea.

"Mud fight!"

Nah, this was fine.
----------
"And then I used my dustbending to create tables of earth in the air and fly!" I told the children with a big smile.

"Wow~" Was their answer.

"Li is the best Master!"

Motivator: D (O O) >>> D (X O)
Cool: D++ (X O) >>> D+++ (O O)

----------
"Ok, now take a big breath, and the exhale," I explained while we all were in lotus position.

"Li! Kodak is sleeping!"

"Tattletale!"

Teacher: E+++ >>> D (O O)
----------
"Ok, are you holding tight?"

"Yes!" Was the immediate answer of the kids.

"Alright, here we go!"

Maybe using my dust and earth bending skills to create a big multi-cart wagon with the form of a dragon that I could move in the air for the kids was a misuse of my powers.

"Weeeee~!"

But with smiles like that, I didn't care.

Direct Contact: C+ (O O) >>> C+ (X O)
Remote Control: C+ (O O) >>> C+ (X O)

----------
[] Spend time with the kids
[] Explore the city

I have 4 days left.
----------
AN: Maybe I'm letting you choose what kind of neck wear Li will buy because I'm a nice person, maybe is because I want to see you fight, *shrug* who knows. :V

AN 2: And yes, Li made a rollercoaster.

Last edited:
Shocker?
Will you answer now whether that's an actual pet collar, or another way to say Choker?
Maybe using my dust and earth bending skills to create a big multi-cart wagon with the form of a dragon that I could move in the air for the kids was a misuse of my powers.
It's not a misuse, it's just awesome. And am I right in assuming that we are on the ground flying it?

so many things that could be used at the neck! Shockers
I guess you could use a shocker on someone's neck, but you probably mean
could be >worn< at the neck
and
>Chokers<
maybe I should have deliver that
have >delivered< that
Maybe give all the candy
Maybe >giving< all
then I >used< my
told to the children
told >< the children

Last edited:
Fixed

Will you answer now whether that's an actual pet collar, or another way to say Choker?
Follow your heart... ok, ok this one it's a pet collar :V

It's not a misuse, it's just awesome. And am I right in assuming that we are on the ground flying it?
Yup

Edit:
I guess you could use a shocker on someone neck, but you probably mean
could be >worn< at the neck
and
>Chokers<

have >delivered< that

Maybe >giving< all

then I >used< my

told >< the children
Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you mean choker here? Quick google search and the only Shocker I'm able to find is the pet kind that delivers shocks if the animal leaves a certain boundary, and I'm pretty sure that those don't exist in LoK mostly because anything that involves electricity would be too clunky for them to make into a collar using the tech they have access to.

Edit* Ninja'd

Last edited:
@Astaroh-M

So I've had an idea for a while. Benders seem to have a hereditary affinity (whether genetic or spiritual) for their own element, with the exception of the Avatar. They access bending through precise martial arts-like movements designed to manipulate their specific element. So what happens when an Earthbender or Firebender uses Waterbending techniques, or vice-versa?

You could theoretically create entirely new schools of bending. For example, Earthbender + Water style = Lavabending, as the Earthbender is manipulating liquid earth.

Likewise, Waterbender + Air style = Steambending, because they are manipulating gaseous water.

I haven't read much of this quest, so I don't know if you've already incorporated that with the dustbending protagonist. Still, I thought I'd bring it up as an idea. Tell me what you think though.

Didn't know it was wrong, could have been some kind of neck fashion I didn't know about.
Had to ask, cause it seemed POSSIBLE we learned how to ride it. I mean. Crashing Rush indicates that we don't necessarily have to touch the ground, improve upon that and we could plausibly fly on a rock.
Side Note, I don't think I'd call it a roller coaster if it's not stuck to following rails.

[X] Buy a Choker
-[X] Really Fancy

[X] Explore the city

@Astaroh-M

So I've had an idea for a while. Benders seem to have a hereditary affinity (whether genetic or spiritual) for their own element, with the exception of the Avatar. They access bending through precise martial arts-like movements designed to manipulate their specific element. So what happens when an Earthbender or Firebender uses Waterbending techniques, or vice-versa?

You could theoretically create entirely new schools of bending. For example, Earthbender + Water style = Lavabending, as the Earthbender is manipulating liquid earth.

Likewise, Waterbender + Air style = Steambending, because they are manipulating gaseous water.

I haven't read much of this quest, so I don't know if you've already incorporated that with the dustbending protagonist. Still, I thought I'd bring it up as an idea. Tell me what you think though.
Those aren't exactly new styles, people already adopt things from other bending techniques (Also, note, those precies movements aren't neccessarily needed. The more awesome you are, the less moving you have to do. Bumi could bend with just his head, and Amon didn't have to move at all).

We made Dust Bending by combining in Water. Lavabending was decided to be hereditary, you got to have some Fire-bender blood in you, and we do not. I personally still disagree with this, but I don't run the quest.

@Astaroh-M

First of all, welcome to the quest!

Second, actually I'm already using something like that, Li is capable of using dustbending by implementing waterbending style of thinking to earthbending.

Last edited:
[X] Buy a Choker
-[X]Black with a bejeweled Crescent moon and water droplet pendant with two small stars one green the other blue

Last edited:
Hey what counts as a choker? And it's difference between a normal necklace? I'm pretty sure a pendant is similar to a long necklace with a central item on it but I could be easily wrong there.

Hey what counts as a choker? And it's difference between a normal necklace? I'm pretty sure a pendant is similar to a long necklace with a central item on it but I could be easily wrong there.
Chokers are tight around the neck, and rest firmly on the neck itself, not further down on the clavical (then it'd become a collar).
Necklace are a good bit looser, usually hanging around the neck. I'd guess the difference between a Pendant and a Necklace is which part is pretty. A pendant, the focus is on the item, it could be hanging from anything. A Necklace though, the chain/cord/whatever itself is the focus.
[X] Buy a Choker
-[X]
You should describe it somehow, so people voting for it can easily do so without having to copy past the image

Last edited:
Back