The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

Normally I don't like Varrick, but these two fit together too well to let this opportunity pass.
[X] Go see Varrick tomorrow.

Soo...I'm sure this was asked before, but what are our chances of meeting Toph? Surely we've heard about her? (And with our dustbending abilities, she might not even consider us a complete waste of time.)
I mean, what's an Avatar quest without the best character of both, TlA and LoK? :V

Unless we go looking, probably not good. She's busy hermiting it up.
Well, of course, but have we heard about her? She is an important historical figure after all.
And we can't very well be the second best earth bender, can we? (Of course we're most likely far from even that title, but would that stop us?)

I wonder if Toph would be irritated with the sheer amount of energy YOUTH Li normally radiates whenever he's pumped up with something.

That or she'll just liken it to a much more enthusiastic version of Aang.
Considering that Aang was already wacky from the start, that's saying something.

[X] Go see Varrick tomorrow.

We can use the money to go on world tours and bring things back for Korra. Teach her new and exciting things.

We can even start to pick of the other styles of bending in the wild and teach her. Maybe we'll even figure out the whole Air is Freedom thing a season early and stop choking her. Or maybe having a good friend will be enough.

A legend is write!
[x] Go see Varrick tomorrow.

"Are you sure that's a good idea Li?" One of the ladies in the orphanage said after I explained to them what happened with Varrick.

"Of course! If it works then I could give you the money!" I answered with certainly.

"Oh Li, but we're perfectly fine," One of them tried to say.

"I know, but a little extra can't hurt!" I said with a smile, "beside if you want you can simply bank the money until I need it, after all isn't like I will tell him to send the money to the White Lotus compound."

Charming: D+++ (O O) >>> (X O)

"*sigh* Very well Li, just… be careful!" The first one said before hugging me, "You're such a sweet child!" I think she was about to cry.

"I will bring the tissues," Another of the ladies deadpanned before leaving the room.
----------
Big, white and blue with two huge guards protecting the ramp, yeah I think this is place.

"Yo! Mister Varrick said he wanted to talk to me!" I yelled to the guards while showing the card that the merchant had given to me.

"Huh?" One of the guards said while looking at the card, "Well… welcome aboard… I guess?" He finally said, leaving me enter the yacht.

"No, no, no, more rude, but with an air of playfulness, eccentric but with a serious aspect," I entered the main hall to find Varrick talking with someone that was trying to drawn something over a canvas, "Huh? Li? Perfect, perfect! Come, sit here and let Mister Shen draw a portrait of your face," as soon as Varrick looked at me, he moved me to a chair and told me to not move.

"I'm glad you have decided to accept me offer kid! You will see, this will become a very lucrative business for both of us, now where is that girl, Zhu Li!?" He yelled calling someone.

Just then another set of doors opened revealing a young woman with brunette hair in a bum, wearing small glasses and a classy uniform, carrying some kind of machine with paper in it.

"I was bringing the typewriter," She said in a monotone voice.

"Huh? Excellent! Always a step ahead I see, good, good, Li this is Zhu Li! My new and as of the moment best assistant! Zhu Li this is Li! Whose legend will extend to the 4 nations!" Varrick presented us to each other.

"Nice to meet you!" I greeted her without moving much, she just give me a little smile and a nod.

"Zhu Li will write your story, she's very fast so just repeat everything you told me yesterday and we will be set."

"Didn't you say that you would be the writer?" I asked raising one of my eyebrows.

"Li, Li, Li, I have a very important job," Varrick said while shaking his head, "I will be the editor! Now, let's begin!"

[] Tell the whole story again.
-[] Let Varrick "spice up" the story a little.
-[] Just the true.
[] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to not write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[] Let Varrick "spice up" the story a little.
-[] Just the true.

----------
"…And after I defeated him, I became a Master." I finished, 2 hours after the artist had finished the portrait.

Subterfuge: C (O O) >>> C (X O)

"*sniff*it's so wonderful," Varrick said while using a handkerchief to clean off a tear, "We will gain so much money *sniff*"

"Oh about that, could you send the money to the orphanage? I may travel to another place with my Master later, so I don't know, if we can be in contact much."

"No problem!" He answered immediately, throwing the handkerchief back, just to be caught by Zhu Li, "Give me a few months and the whole place will be able to rebuild itself in gold, you will see!" The editor grinned while searching for something inside his coat, "and talking about gold, here!" He said throwing a bag at me.

A bag full of coins.

"100 Yuans! Take it as an early pay!" He finished with a wink, "Now if you excuse me is time for a little 'me time', Zhu Li!... Where is she now?"

"She already left, she said something about preparing the bubbles?" I answered while walking to the exit.

"Excellent!"
----------
Hmmm with this much money I could buy some candies to the kids and maybe even something for Korra… but what?

[] Buy a collar
[] Buy a bracelet
[] Buy a polar bear-dog plushy.
[] Buy a scarf.
[] Write-in

----------
[] Spend time with the kids
[] Explore the city
[] Write-in

I have 5 days left.

Last edited:
[X] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.

[X] Buy a collar

[X] Spend time with the kids

[X] Tell the whole story again but telling Varrick to don't write the true location of the orphanage and change some of the names.
-[X] Just the true.

[X] Buy a polar bear-dog plushy.

-[X] Let Varrick "spice" the story a little.

I think Varrick can work his charm enough to convince Li to let him do that.
[X] Buy a collar
Social misunderstandings are literary gold when done well.

Last edited:
Ohohoho this is the childhood friends gift! She'll look at it wistfully down the line as she considers her feelings for us!

We need to make this count!
I suggest the collar.
Article:
In the Water Tribes, it is essential for a man to give a special necklace to the woman whom they wish to marry. This betrothal necklace signifies the marital joining of the couple and subsequently also tells other men that the woman is taken.
Source: Fashion in the World of Avatar

Come sit here a let Mister Shen drawn a portrait of your face," as soon as Varrick look at me he moved me to a chair all told me to not move.
Come sit here >and< let Mister Shen >draw< a portrait of your face," as soon as Varrick >looked< at me>,< he moved me to a chair >and< told me >not to< move.
>Whose< legend
presented each other.
presented >us to< each other.
told me yesterday and will be set.
No idea what you're trying to say here.
telling Varrick to don't write
to >not< write
Let Varrick "spice" the story a little.
Let Varrick "spice >up<" the story a little.
or
Let Varrick spice the story >up< a little.
And after defeated him I become a Master.
And after >I< defeated him>,< I >became< a Master.
"we will gain so much money *sniff*"
"We will gain so much money>"< *sniff*
I may travel to another place with me Master later so I don't know if we could be in contact much.
I may travel to another place with >my< >master< later>,< so I don't know>,< if we >can< be in contact much.
and the whole place would be able to rebuilt
and the whole place >will< be able to >rebuild<
an early >pay<!
>Where< is she now?
She already >left<
And I'm pretty sure the ; is wrong as well, but ask someone else about that.
>Buy< a collar

Back