The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

[X] Train earthbending on my own
[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[X] Learning to meditate

[X] Train earthbending on my own
[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[X] Learning to meditate

MAYBE we could punch so hard, it makes fire from the friction? Sadly, without Chakra, I doubt our Youth can burn that bright.
Most of might guy's bullshit doesn't use chakra. Take morning peacock. He literally punchs the air so fast it catches on fire and launches towards people. Same thing with daytime tiger. Pure physical strength.

Most of might guy's bullshit doesn't use chakra. Take morning peacock. He literally punchs the air so fast it catches on fire and launches towards people. Same thing with daytime tiger. Pure physical strength.
Nah, that's Chakra. Taijutsu does use Chakra. That's why opening the gates, which increases how much chakra they have, does anything.

Opening the gates removes physical limits with extra chakra being produced as a side affect of one or two of them.
Then how come people who get chakra amping are also stronger as a result? Naruto when he channels the Kyuubi's chakra hits harder and faster than he does on his own. When he and Sasuke got the Six Paths powerup, they became stronger and faster again. Sage Mode, which is adding Nature Energy to your Chakra, also makes people physically stronger. Jugo's clan is all about being super strong because of a natural sage mode.

The how come people who get chakra amping are also stronger as a result? Naruto when he channels the Kyuubi's chakra hits harder and faster than he does on his own. When he and Sasuke got the Six Paths powerup, they became stronger and faster again. Sage Mode, which is adding Nature Energy to your Chakra, also makes people physically stronger. Jugo's clan is all about being super strong because of a natural sage mode.
Because they are actively using that chakra to make themselves stronger or that chakra makes them stronger. If you read the wiki page on it you'll see that it makes no mention of using chakra at all to strengthen the user.

Eight Gates

Because they are actively using that chakra to make themselves stronger or that chakra makes them stronger. If you read the wiki page on it you'll see that it makes no mention of using chakra at all to strengthen the user.

Eight Gates
If a person can use chakra to make them stronger, then why in the world would Gai and Lee not be using chakra to make themselves stronger?

And it doesn't say it, but it heavily implies it. The gates are something that limits chakra, says so in the second sentence, that's what they physically are. So by removing that limiter on your chakra, you have more chakra, and more physical strength.
Should probably move this to PMs if we want to keep discussing it. Not exactly relevant to this quest, since even if we do get some Gates it's going to be a bastardized version, so who knows what'll be up with it.

If a person can use chakra to make them stronger, then why in the world would Gai and Lee not be using chakra to make themselves stronger?

And it doesn't say it, but it heavily implies it. The gates are something that limits chakra, says so in the second sentence, that's what they physically are. So by removing that limiter on your chakra, you have more chakra, and more physical strength.
Should probably move this to PMs if we want to keep discussing it. Not exactly relevant to this quest, since even if we do get some Gates it's going to be a bastardized version, so who knows what'll be up with it.
You're misunderstanding what the gates do in regards to chakra. They limit the flow of chakra. That's it.

[] More waterbending katas
[] Train earthbending on my own
[] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[] Spend time with Master Bao
[x] Learning to meditate
[x] Explore the headquarters
[] Visit the orphanage
[x] Try to learn more about the world
[] Explore the city

[x] Explore the headquarters
[x] Train the Strong Fist on my own
[x] Learning to meditate

Still hoping that Li Hua explores the headquarters. Maybe befriend some elders and establish his own toddler center of power before that Korra girl tries to take over. ^_^

(Oh yeah, got to visit the orphanage a bit more again soon. But I think that can wait till next six months.)

Last edited:
Alright, so time to do some forcasting about how good we can be. If each rank-up is one "point", then the following is how many points to complete a grade
F: 4 points
E: 4 points
D: 8 points
C: 8 points
B: 16 points
A: 16 points
S: 16 points
We seem to get 2 rank ups per 2 month training action (6 months / 3 actions). Spending 2 actions a year would mean we could get Earth Bending up to S by the time we are 16. Assuming 1 action doesn't become less valuable as time goes on, that is.

Yes B is the last one, S is Avatar State kind of power, if you're fighting something in that level then, either you will curbstomp it, or, if the enemy has the same level, the fight will reshape the country.
Alright, so time to do some forcasting about how good we can be. If each rank-up is one "point", then the following is how many points to complete a grade
F: 4 points
E: 4 points
D: 8 points
C: 8 points
B: 16 points
A: 16 points
S: 16 points
We seem to get 2 rank ups per 2 month training action (6 months / 3 actions). Spending 2 actions a year would mean we could get Earth Bending up to S by the time we are 16. Assuming 1 action doesn't become less valuable as time goes on, that is.
Hmm, is S-rank locked by anything? Like the amount of Chi one is born with? Or whether you learned your element from the primordial users? (The Dragons, Moon, Badger-Moles, and Bison respectively).

And what would Toph be on this scale? Both her traveling days and her current day skill?

Hmm, is S-rank locked by anything? Like the amount of Chi one is born with? Or whether you learned your element from the primordial users? (The Dragons, Moon, Badger-Moles, and Bison respectively).

And what would Toph be on this scale? Both her traveling days and her current day skill?
I'd guess that, traveling, somewhere in the Bs. Now, upper As.

I'd guess that, traveling, somewhere in the Bs. Now, upper As.
Current day? She can feel the entire fucking planet. I think even the Avatar would be a little "WTF?" at that.

Not swearing at you. Its just that its a bit of a swear worthy thing in general.

Which is also why I'm wondering about the limitations and such. Cause she doesn't move the planet either. Or move earth half-way across the planet.

Last edited:
Assuming 1 action doesn't become less valuable as time goes on, that is.
It all depend on what are you trying to do, because some things you can't learn unless you have a master to teach you, or things like that.

Her would be something like:

Earthbending: A+
-Seismic Sense: A+++

That's of course, a basic example.

Current day? She can feel the entire fucking planet. I think even the Avatar would be a little "WTF?" at that.
Guru Pathik could also sense the entire planet and he doesn't seem to be a bender. It's just something enlightened people can do, apparently.
As for why I don't think she's S rank, it's because Astaroh explicitely said that an S-rank person would either Curb Stomp or reshape continents in their battle. We saw Old Toph fight, she did not curb-stomp nor reshape the continent

Back