The avatar of the person above you is going to try to kill you.

IRL Me: Hop on a cross-country flight, and never stop running. Even that probably won't save me, but it's pretty much the only viable option I have.

Avatar: This could actually go a number of different ways, depending on the continuity.

If it's the Epic Mickey continuity, then it comes down to whether or not Prototype Zero is vulnerable to Thinner or hacking attempts. If he is, then Mickey and Oswald can simply reprogram him to be friendly, or erase his armor and attack his delicate inner mechanisms. If he isn't then running is their only option; maybe while gumming up his works with Paint.

In the comics, they would probably have to run, though there's always the chance that they could come up with some ingenious plan to trick Prototype Zero into damaging himself irreparably.

If it's the original cartoons, then they win completely, unless Zero finds out about their weakness to DIP. Cartoon physics are a hell of a thing.

You just gave away your avatar's weakness! Ha! I shall win this contests of wits now!

None can stand before the might of the Trane!

You just gave away your avatar's weakness! Ha! I shall win this contests of wits now!

None can stand before the might of the Trane!
It's an inanimate object. Somehow, I still feel threatened.

My avatar is a Pectoid. Technically it's called a sectoid, but it's made mad gains between XCOM:EW and XCOM 2. So it's called the Pectoid. It can also mind control people, and shoot plasma. Yay.

Your avatar is incredibly hard to kill. I'm pretty sure that you could survive almost every avatar on this thread.
And you're a magic, indestructible sword.

I mean, sure, there's probably going to be some jackasses with omnipotent Avatars running around, but if they can't stop me from dominating reality and jumping back to a previous state they can't win. And for beings that can stop me from time traveling they have to be able to stop me from murdering random schmucks and eating their souls.

If that's supposed to be some representation of the US or a country that based its flag on them I'm probably boned. Even if it's just a political party there's bound to be way more of them than I can reasonably fight off.
Considering that's the emblem of the United States Colonial Marine Corps, yeah, you're probably boned.

Yeah, I die like a bitch.

N, though? I would not be surprised if Reshiram/Zekrom could fight a modern first-world military on roughly even footing until they pulled out the nukes.

I think this is how my avatar got bound.
Going against you as me = QUICK, TO THE AIRPORT!

Going against you as Prototype Zero = Robotic beat-down of no-sells, Shoryukens, and Energy Sabers. Hopefully I'm going as playable Prototype Zero rather than the unwinnable boss fight version so I'm not scripted to break down once I've got you on the ropes.

As myself: ...Nothing I can do.

As my avatar: Time-stop plus arsenal of firearms and explosives plus lots of magical arrows.

As myself: ...Nothing I can do.

As my avatar: Time-stop plus arsenal of firearms and explosives plus lots of magical arrows.
You could always run for your life! There's negative shame in it!

Speaking of which, my best bet against Homura is to be in an airliner above the ocean when she spawns. It might not work, but it's got better odds than anything else.

Going against you as me = QUICK, TO THE AIRPORT!

Going against you as Prototype Zero = Robotic beat-down of no-sells, Shoryukens, and Energy Sabers. Hopefully I'm going as playable Prototype Zero rather than the unwinnable boss fight version so I'm not scripted to break down once I've got you on the ropes.
You didn't mention the breaking down in the Christmas thread! You cheater you!
The wielder is the weak point, then.
Time Traveler VS Time Traveler. The thing is, while my character canonically remembers when other people time travel, does yours?

I kind of thought the nuclear pokemon was Victini, actually. Though regardless of whether Reshiram/Zekrom are nuclear or just comparable, I don't think a legendary could fight nukes and keep a squishy human alive.

Actually, I always thought that Victini's powers were more probability manipulation, what with the whole Pokemon of Victory thing.

Also, you should have access to more than just Reshiram/Zekrom. Just have a decently powerful psychic Pokemon erect some sort of defense. Or just have one of your Pokemon use Protect on you.

Speaking of Pokemon, do you think that the Master Sword counts as a Hodenedge evolution?

Actually, I always thought that Victini's powers were more probability manipulation, what with the whole Pokemon of Victory thing.

Also, you should have access to more than just Reshiram/Zekrom. Just have a decently powerful psychic Pokemon erect some sort of defense. Or just have one of your Pokemon use Protect on you.

Speaking of Pokemon, do you think that the Master Sword counts as a Hodenedge evolution?
Eh, maybe with some sort of held item, like a Shiny Stone, or a King's Rock. Or possibly it's some sort of pseudo-Legendary progenitor species.

Back