Sound The Alarms (Worm x Godzilla)

Never really addressed in the movies.
However, since Kiryu's main opponent was supposed to be Godzilla, I don't think it was designed specifically for electronic warfare.
But I think it's a reasonable assumption that Kiryu had at least state of the art electronic warfare capabilities to prevent stuff like getting hacked from other nations.
So if she interacts with dragon as mechataylor, she will probably realise she's an AI due to data transmission volume, but unlikely to be able to help directly. Unfortunate, but maybe there are other ways to help. Load Dragon's AI architecture directly onto her hardware? Interfere directly? If she isn't already known to be a benevolent AI as part of your AU. So many questions! So many possibilities! Very much looking forward to what comes next!

It only makes sense to give your advanced robotic\cybernetic superweapon the e-war capabilities needed to ensure that some random script kiddy can't hack it and take it for a joyride, yes.

Canon Worm is blatantly breaking this with things like the Canary trial. There is probably a lot of ethically dubious legal stuff going on that would make any modern lawyer scream in either horror, anticipation, or both.

Normally I'd also say "Contessa did it" but presumably Tayzilla is a blind spot, so that makes it a little more dangerous for them to rely on pre-cogs to keep her under control.
One of the biggest is actually not about the trial itself, but how the sentencing was executed. In the Wild West a judge could sentence a man to hang and they'd be hung within a week. Nowadays if a man is sentenced to death, the case is reviewed by multiple higher courts to see if there are any irregularities in the evidence, the trial proceedings or the sentencing before the execution actually takes place. Essentially, you can condemn a convicted criminal to an irreversible fate, but you can't actually do it to them until everyone is 100% certain that the law was followed to the letter. Since its impossible to remove someone from the Birdcage if they get acquitted on appeal, actually going there should not be done until all appeals have failed.

One of the biggest is actually not about the trial itself, but how the sentencing was executed. In the Wild West a judge could sentence a man to hang and they'd be hung within a week. Nowadays if a man is sentenced to death, the case is reviewed by multiple higher courts to see if there are any irregularities in the evidence, the trial proceedings or the sentencing before the execution actually takes place. Essentially, you can condemn a convicted criminal to an irreversible fate, but you can't actually do it to them until everyone is 100% certain that the law was followed to the letter. Since its impossible to remove someone from the Birdcage if they get acquitted on appeal, actually going there should not be done until all appeals have failed.
double posting!

anyway, i have a question:

if Taylor can eat and addapt tinkertech... what would happen if she eats the NanoTorn project? her claws would become Nanotorns?

Kind of surprised Taylor's claws are sharp, as Godzilla's appear more blunted. Might be because of the nature of using a suit for Godzilla in most of his appearances, but that's the appearance they have.

umm, i wanted to asK: but what will happen if Taylor is atempted to null with a Trump? like with Animos from the teeth (null scream) hachet face from the S9 (area NUll) and/or one of BoneSaw Virus....

we don't even have an answer on Canon about that.

Personal opinion: Nothing, she does count as an Endbringer and I doubt such powers would work on them. And even if they did work on Tayzilla, a lot of her stuff is natural abilities, her body isn't tough from Shard BS, it's tough because that's how it evolved according to Amy, so she still has plenty to beat them with. Plus if MechaGodzilla is tinkertech, that'd likely no sell that too.

anyway, i have a question:

if Taylor can eat and addapt tinkertech... what would happen if she eats the NanoTorn project? her claws would become Nanotorns?
Yes.

umm, i wanted to asK: but what will happen if Taylor is atempted to null with a Trump? like with Animos from the teeth (null scream) hachet face from the S9 (area NUll) and/or one of BoneSaw Virus....

we don't even have an answer on Canon about that.
I don't recall Bonesaw having a Powers Nullification Virus.

Anyways, in my opinion, Worm's powers nullification isn't conceptual, so they don't just block everything.

Powers nullification is because Shards are interacting behind the scenes (pst, hey, stop working for a bit), and this explicitly won't work because Shardzilla doesn't play nice.

Personal opinion: Nothing, she does count as an Endbringer and I doubt such powers would work on them. And even if they did work on Tayzilla, a lot of her stuff is natural abilities, her body isn't tough from Shard BS, it's tough because that's how it evolved according to Amy, so she still has plenty to beat them with. Plus if MechaGodzilla is tinkertech, that'd likely no sell that too.
is not Canon than TinkerTech breaks down in Power Annulator effects?

anyway, i will ask something to you anyways: Godzilla can resist Dimensional attacks?

this comes more from YuGiOh instead of Godzilla movies, I resently found a series of Cards based on the Kaijus with all of them coming from the Godzilla movies called "Kaiju" and one of them is a gigantic dimensional shadow devilman who fights against Dogorah (Godzilla's(or someone, i not sure who it represents) Kaiju version) who use (in lore) Dimensional strikes.

and i wonder how the king of monsters could survive something like that.

is not Canon than TinkerTech breaks down in Power Annulator effects?

anyway, i will ask something to you anyways: Godzilla can resist Dimensional attacks?

this comes more from YuGiOh instead of Godzilla movies, I resently found a series of Cards based on the Kaijus with all of them coming from the Godzilla movies called "Kaiju" and one of them is a gigantic dimensional shadow devilman who fights against Dogorah (Godzilla's(or someone, i not sure who it represents) Kaiju version) who use (in lore) Dimensional strikes.

and i wonder how the king of monsters could survive something like that.
About the closest example to Tinkertech vs Power Nullification in Worm that I can find is Hatchet Face.
parahumans.wordpress.com

Sting 26.5

Last Chapter Next Chapter Unholy screams and screeches followed us……
And with the Hatchet Face so close, the Chicago Wards were left powerless. Only tinker devices worked.

The Mannequin charged.

Being a tinker, the Mannequin didn't suffer at all in the midst of Hatchet Face's power.
So, uh, no. It does not appear to be the case that Tinkertech instantly break down in the presence of Powers Nullifier.
----------
Yes, no, maybe so?

There's a few examples.

In Godzilla vs Megaguirus, there's a weapon called the "Dimension Tide" which shoots a black hole (which has a time-portal aftereffect because it brought the main-enemy of the movie from the prehistoric past into the future???). The Dimension Tide is fired twice at Godzilla over the course of the movie and both times Godzilla just gets blown away instead of sucked in.

In Godzilla: The Planet Eater where Ghidorah is explicitly some kinda interdimensional-kaiju and thus not subject to the laws of our reality (except he totally is because destroying the plot-devices makes him real or some shit??). And Godzilla otherwise loses that fight until Ghidorah properly manifests into our reality.

In A Space Godzilla, which is some really weird-ass novel, Godzilla is capable of performing warp-drives and destroying/normalizing some weird fucky space-time distortions (The 'Desert of the Universe', which apparently is somehow a desert full of sandstorms in space where bizarre space time warps just happen and is reached by warping 'one step' the wrong way and coming out 'on the reverse side of time.') by gouging out her eyeballs and throwing them as bombs.

So, uh, yeah.

Why am I getting Fire Emblem vibes from her costume?

In A Space Godzilla, which is some really weird-ass novel, Godzilla is capable of performing warp-drives and destroying/normalizing some weird fucky space-time distortions (The 'Desert of the Universe', which apparently is somehow a desert full of sandstorms in space where bizarre space time warps just happen and is reached by warping 'one step' the wrong way and coming out 'on the reverse side of time.') by gouging out her eyeballs and throwing them as bombs.
Well, it's nice to know that they put a lot of thought into canon compliance?

Sorry, did I say 'thought'? I meant to say 'hallucinogenic drugs.'

So, uh, no. It does not appear to be the case that Tinkertech instantly break down in the presence of Powers Nullifier.

I don't know if anyone else has responded to this (too lazy to read all the comments), but while Tinkertech doesn't break down, power nullification does affect a Tinker's ability to remember how to interface with their tech. There is Word of God to that affect, in particular in reference to power-armor users like Armsmaster.

Ofc, it's never mentioned if or how that might affect a non-Tinker who'd been trained to use something, and we have a canon example of that in Coil'd laser-weilding mercs, soooo....

Take with salt, as usual when dealing with minutiae of the setting.

Well, it's nice to know that they put a lot of thought into canon compliance?

Sorry, did I say 'thought'? I meant to say 'hallucinogenic drugs.'
A Space Godzilla is really fucking weird because it's actually a space-drama/opera.

Spoilers for the plot.
I mean, seriously, spoilers.
One last checkpoint to make sure you're ready.
Godzilla washes ashore and is almost dead because of diabetes. The Japanese Government starts dissecting Godzilla apart and discover that she's pregnant and her removed-brain is impossibly receiving a transmission from a Dark Nebula.

Still inside the womb, Baby Godzilla psychically bonds with a girl named Momo.

The Japanese Government calls for a psychic to communicate with Godzilla's Brain, which reveals that her name is "Rozan" and she comes from "Planet Godzilla". There is major politic discussion on how to deal with Rozan and Baby Godzilla, and Momo singing on national-television convinces them to send the Godzillas back to their planet.

Except Rozan is fucking huge and building a rocketship for her is infeasible. So they instead turn her into a space-rocket (literally the kind that breaks into three pieces), with the womb attached outside to her chest.

Once past Jupiter, Rozan starts warp-driving out of the Milky Way (it's mentioned later that a single warp can go as far as 500 million light-years in a single leap).

Rozan names Baby Godzilla as "Ririn".

During the journey, Rozan is slowly regenerating to her full body because the Godzilla species can recover from a single cell. She is attacked by "Rocks With Beaks" and she removes an arm for them to feed on; She reaches the "Desert Of The Universe" which is folding her like an origami until she breaks the space-time distortion by plucking out her eyeballs and using them as bombs; She almost loses Rinrin to an illusion induced by a "Black Cloak" from "Planet Manto".

After the last warp into the Dark Nebula, Rozan absorbs the womb back inside of her and naturally gives birth to Rinrin. And then an exhausted Rozan remains in orbits as she pushes Rinrin into the gravity of Planet Godzilla to meet his father.

Except, it turns out that Planet Godzilla has been occupied by another alien-race known as the "Sunerians" (An erotic species of females that look similar to Satyrs). Rinrin gets captured and brought to the Sunerian Queen who takes a look into the Baby Godzilla's memories. Seeing the images of Rozan attacking Japan, the Sunerians conclude that Humans must be an especially vicious race to have made a member of the saintly pacifist-race of Godzilla to go berserk. So the Sunerians decide that they should use the psychic-bond between Rinrin and Momo to send a "Wave Motion Virus" that would make all humans go crazy and kill each other (furthermore, Earth would be contaminated for 1000 years).

The Sunerians start torturing Rinrin. Momo becomes aware of this and calls out to Rozan to save her child. Rozan goes to the planet and attacks the Sunerian Palace. Meanwhile, Kuunin (the husband of Rozan and father of Rinrin) hears about this from some other Godzilla, and leaves his cave. But before he flies off, two Sphinxes (a slave race of the Sunerian who look as their namesake) come running with Rinrin. Eventually Rozan is burned down to nothing by the Sunerian's counterattack.

Kuunin rallies the other Godzillas to fight the Sunerians.

Meanwhile, the two Sphinxes, who are actually a Prince and Princess sneak back into the Palace to revolt. They start blowing up the place and the Prince is killed, while the Princess manages to scare the Sunerian Queen to retreat back into outer-space.

Kuunin fights against "General Gamoni" (who is less of a Satyr and more of a giant lizard-frog) and eventually tears off her head, ending the battle. The Sphinxes then board a pyramid-shape spaceship and leave for parts unknown.

At the end, Kuunin makes a comment how Rozan loved Earth but wonders why the Gods would create a race like the Humans who are contradictorily filled with intense Love and Hate. And says that Rinrin should go back and visit when he's older to find an answer.

I don't know if anyone else has responded to this (too lazy to read all the comments), but while Tinkertech doesn't break down, power nullification does affect a Tinker's ability to remember how to interface with their tech. There is Word of God to that affect, in particular in reference to power-armor users like Armsmaster.

Ofc, it's never mentioned if or how that might affect a non-Tinker who'd been trained to use something, and we have a canon example of that in Coil'd laser-weilding mercs, soooo....

Take with salt, as usual when dealing with minutiae of the setting.
That fundamentally contradicts Mannequin being fine inside Hatchet Face's aura too; considering that he is a bunch of dismembered organs packaged into self-sufficient 'pods' connected together with chains, if you interfered with his ability to interface with his tech, he would probably just drop dead on the spot.

Wildbow's WoG is all over the place, but he usually doesn't outright contradict himself like that.

My understanding is that the aura just block the tinker's knowledge of the thing they build, but not actually interfere with their functions. So anything automated or with properly implemented interface would still work, but not weird things that actually requires tinker knowledge to access.

In Armmaster case, I'd assume that he want the most efficient interface possible and just put unlabeled coloured buttons everywhere, or use specific eye movement to control or something. And if he didn't really bother to study his own interface manually before, he'd be stuck when he lost the tinker knowledge.

"Now, that's fine and dandy, since none of this is her fault. But I feel that you're putting in an awfully lot of effort for this new Cape," commented Assault with a raised hand, "You're planning to have her join the Wards, aren't you, Big Boss?"
This feels strange. Like seriously, is there EVER a time when they aren't trying to recruit the 'new cape'? There isn't is there?

My understanding is that the aura just block the tinker's knowledge of the thing they build, but not actually interfere with their functions. So anything automated or with properly implemented interface would still work, but not weird things that actually requires tinker knowledge to access.

In Armmaster case, I'd assume that he want the most efficient interface possible and just put unlabeled coloured buttons everywhere, or use specific eye movement to control or something. And if he didn't really bother to study his own interface manually before, he'd be stuck when he lost the tinker knowledge.
Mannequin literally cut his brain (and other organs) up into chunks that are spread out across his body pods, so as to make each one fully self-sufficient.

Given the sheer level of integration with his tech that would require, I just don't see how any meaningful interference with his Tinker abilities\knowledge could possibly not be a problem.

Back