Self-Insert Idea Thread

The Waifu is actually 3 SIs in one body too of which one inhabits the bodies of both SIs.

Cthulhu Mythos and Bloodborne SI. This of course can go one of three ways.

Squid Ending: You have ascended from the Dream and saved Yharnam from an unending nightmare, and somehow Yharnam appears back in the real world. But you feel your Job is not done yet. Other Eldritch Abominations threaten Humanity, and it's up to you to save them.

Hunter's Dream Owner Ending: A new hunt Dawns upon you. "Blessed" by the moon presence you are sent to the "real world" and are to hunt down the various Eldritch Spawns and Eldritch Gods that threaten humanity.

Left the Dream Ending: You left the Dream, but something is wrong. You can remember everything about the Hunt, and you can still see the messengers. After hearing about an Eldritch Cult nearby it becomes your sole mission to make sure that what happened in Yharnam does not repeat in this world. You do not have the Dream to fall back to this time, so you must be extra careful. Lest Death dies.

Screw it. I can't get my mind off from the Ultra Series/Oregairu/Kaguya-Sama Story Idea.

So…

Here's a summary of it.

Even Hated, He Will Protect [Ultra Series/Oregairu/Kaguya-Sama SI]

The year is 2179, the Neo-Frontier Age is going full swing. Humanity has expanded beyond the confines of the Earth, colonizing places like the moon and the planet Mars. Between seemingly boundless leaps in technology and the euphoria of an ever-expanding horizon, the human race seemed set to traverse the stars.

Then they arrived. From under the earth, beyond the confines of known space, beneath the shadows of dying stars…

Monsters. Kaijus. Aliens. Creatures beyond humanity's comprehension started appearing out of thin air like nightmares brought to life. In Earth. In the Moon. In Mars. Anywhere humanity tread, these creatures arose from the shadows. Chaos descended upon mankind and now they find themselves beset on all sides by threats they barely understood.

An organization, the Human Defence Initiative, was formed to combat this threat, pouring resources from humanity's brightest and most skilled minds. Though quite ill-equipped, inexperienced, and unprepared to fight against these various monsters, they tried their best to hold the line, managing to somewhat fought them using all means necessary.

The story starts in Rafael-II, a colony in Mars in the middle of a Monster attack.

Panic-stricken civilians rushed towards the streets like rivers after a broken dam. Among the fleeing civilians is our SI, accompanied in-toe by his younger sister whom his parents had entrusted to him.

A new rush of panic swept across the terrified masses when news reached them that all available ships had already departed off from the cities and land travel is nearly impossible because of the distance between settlements. With the monster getting closer and closer and closer…

Then, he appeared.

A dark grey Giant rose as if carved from the mountain itself, with eyes bright as shining stars.

The Giant easily defeats the monster, killing him off after as short brawl with a single beam fired from his hands

The monster was destroyed. The civilians cheered…

…But that cheer turned to scream when the Giant's beam was turned against the civilians, killing many in the first blast.

Including the SI's sister.

Cut back to a few years later, the SI attended a Defence Initiative Academy meant to train young generations of would-be soldiers. When he arrived there, however, he found something strange. He was surprised to see that many of the students that attended were characters from various Anime and Manga of his previous life, specifically characters from Oregairu and Kaguya-Sama.

Amongst this gathering of rather familiar faces, he found something he thought he'd lost in the what had become known as the Rafael Tragedy.

But just as he was familiarizing himself with these characters, something happens.

During the middle of a school trip, their class came across a giant statue of what the SI recognized as an Ultraman, but what his friends believed to be a Titan, a newly created class of monster that had appeared first in the Rafael Tragedy. In the ensuing battle, the SI seemingly sacrificed himself. At the same time the Giant Ultraman Statue came to life.

What followed is a story of an Ultraman fighting to defend a human race who distrusted and hated him while also dealing with various teen dramas, comedies, and/shenanigans that ensued in his class filled with various Rom-Com characters.

Screw it. I can't get my mind off from the Ultra Series/Oregairu/Kaguya-Sama Story Idea.

So…

Here's a summary of it.

Even Hated, He Will Protect [Ultra Series/Oregairu/Kaguya-Sama SI]

The year is 2179, the Neo-Frontier Age is going full swing. Humanity has expanded beyond the confines of the Earth, colonizing places like the moon and the planet Mars. Between seemingly boundless leaps in technology and the euphoria of an ever-expanding horizon, the human race seemed set to traverse the stars.

Then they arrived. From under the earth, beyond the confines of known space, beneath the shadows of dying stars…

Monsters. Kaijus. Aliens. Creatures beyond humanity's comprehension started appearing out of thin air like nightmares brought to life. In Earth. In the Moon. In Mars. Anywhere humanity tread, these creatures arose from the shadows. Chaos descended upon mankind and now they find themselves beset on all sides by threats they barely understood.

An organization, the Human Defence Initiative, was formed to combat this threat, pouring resources from humanity's brightest and most skilled minds. Though quite ill-equipped, inexperienced, and unprepared to fight against these various monsters, they tried their best to hold the line, managing to somewhat fought them using all means necessary.

The story starts in Rafael-II, a colony in Mars in the middle of a Monster attack.

Panic-stricken civilians rushed towards the streets like rivers after a broken dam. Among the fleeing civilians is our SI, accompanied in-toe by his younger sister whom his parents had entrusted to him.

A new rush of panic swept across the terrified masses when news reached them that all available ships had already departed off from the cities and land travel is nearly impossible because of the distance between settlements. With the monster getting closer and closer and closer…

Then, he appeared.

A dark grey Giant rose as if carved from the mountain itself, with eyes bright as shining stars.

The Giant easily defeats the monster, killing him off after as short brawl with a single beam fired from his hands

The monster was destroyed. The civilians cheered…

…But that cheer turned to scream when the Giant's beam was turned against the civilians, killing many in the first blast.

Including the SI's sister.

Cut back to a few years later, the SI attended a Defence Initiative Academy meant to train young generations of would-be soldiers. When he arrived there, however, he found something strange. He was surprised to see that many of the students that attended were characters from various Anime and Manga of his previous life, specifically characters from Oregairu and Kaguya-Sama.

Amongst this gathering of rather familiar faces, he found something he thought he'd lost in the what had become known as the Rafael Tragedy.

But just as he was familiarizing himself with these characters, something happens.

During the middle of a school trip, their class came across a giant statue of what the SI recognized as an Ultraman, but what his friends believed to be a Titan, a newly created class of monster that had appeared first in the Rafael Tragedy. In the ensuing battle, the SI seemingly sacrificed himself. At the same time the Giant Ultraman Statue came to life.

What followed is a story of an Ultraman fighting to defend a human race who distrusted and hated him while also dealing with various teen dramas, comedies, and/shenanigans that ensued in his class filled with various Rom-Com characters.
I don't really know enough (or anything, really) about the franchises in question to have a solid opinion on their inclusion in particular, but you seem to have a solid outline. That's promising. The set-up of big dramatic action beats broken up by softer, more character-driven slice-of-life stuff is also pretty tried and true.

So, tl;dr: eh, sounds fun. Go for it.

Thinking on the Ultraman SI thing again. In-universe, the humans and the Human Defense Initiatives or HDI (the defence organization in this universe) referred to the Ultra Race as Titans and put them as a class of Monsters. The Dark Giants from Ultraman Tiga all make an appearance, including Dark Tiga with some slight variations, but they're practically the same.

They've appeared sporadically throughout the Earth and Space Colonies for years, causing untold destruction and death to the point where they become the Dreaded. The HDI's protocol when confronting them is to basically scatter and run. All the Dark Giants have code names associated with a specific mythological figure.

Dark Tiga = Erebus
Camearra = Echidna
Darramb = Ares
Hudra = Typhoon
(Note: These are temporary and subjects to change)

When the SI becomes an Ultraman, he is immediately suspected to be an enemy Titan. Part of his journey as an Ultra is in overcoming the inherent mistrust humans had for the Ultra Race as a whole while battling against the mysterious and ever-elusive Dark Giants.

As the story progresses, it's revealed that the Dark Giants are behind the sudden surge of Monster Attacks. Using their powers, they agitate and/or awoke great monsters from the earth in order to wreak havoc upon mankind. Another thing I want to incorporate in this story is Ultraman Cosmos' running theme of taming and calming down rampaging monsters with the SI also trying to save the monsters from the Dark Giants.

This inevitably lead him into conflict with the HDI who have more pessimistic views on monsters and are more than willing to pull the trigger and whose school the SI attended.

Here's a fanfic I found:

Spoiler of the chat group
(You can find it by searching 聊天群的剧透群主)

Ainz Urgong: "The newcomer joins the group, is there anything I need to pay attention to?"
Sora: "The newcomer, run! The main group spoiler!" Spiderzi: "It's
too late to withdraw now!"
Naruto Uzumaki: "This It's not an exercise, run!!!"
Wutou Game: "The spoiler of the group owner is a very dark thing!"
Chen Nan: "It's up to me to stop the group owner!"
Xiao Yan: "The group owner, please don't spoil any more. It's over!"
Anz Urgong: "???" The
group leader: "It's too late, Anz Urgong, welcome your spoiler."
Ten minutes later, Anz Urgong was at the University of Nazarick . The throne of the tomb began to doubt his own life.
Not for the sake of pretending to be 13, not for the benefit, not for the beauty, only to 'help' the spoilers who are not good for themselves.
"People live for spoilers, it's right to help others!" said the group leader Lin Yun.

Ok don't know if anyone will see this bus here's my idea. A self insert or transmigration or whatever as the head of the first Jurassic Park/InGen. Now you might be thinking "Well that story would be boring the protagonist will just avoid the mistakes of the park." But my idea is that is is written primarily in journal entries and the occasional perspective and since a competent director with hindsight should be able to get the park rolling you would get to see the problems and day to day of running Jurassic Park.
Anyway just had an idea and wanted to share it have a good one.

SI Idea, Someone gets the powers of Ainz Ool Gown, and is sent to touhou
That's not an idea, that's a sentence fragment.

Like you haven't even outlined a starting point, let alone an overall premise. Is the SI supposed to be horrified by the powers they've gotten? Happy? Confused? Where within the broader setting of Touhou do they arrive? Who on earth is 'sending' them, and for what purpose? Some of these questions can be more usefully not answered, for a given story, of course, but this is 'a power and a setting' and not even a beginning of an actual suggestion for why these two together would be at all interesting or meaningful.

There's so little here that you're almost certainly not even going to inspire an idea.

SI Idea, Someone gets the powers of Ainz Ool Gown, and is sent to touhou

Like you haven't even outlined a starting point, let alone an overall premise. Is the SI supposed to be horrified by the powers they've gotten? Happy? Confused? Where within the broader setting of Touhou do they arrive? Who on earth is 'sending' them, and for what purpose? Some of these questions can be more usefully not answered, for a given story, of course, but this is 'a power and a setting' and not even a beginning of an actual suggestion for why these two together would be at all interesting or meaningful.

There's so little here that you're almost certainly not even going to inspire an idea.
Also, I'm pretty sure that's Undefined Fantastic Object.

Well, okay not exactly but kind of.

To be fair I've seen less on other sites and threads. No need to sound irate.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's Undefined Fantastic Object.

Well, okay not exactly but kind of.
What's the premise?

For my idea, they'd appear about a week after Imperfect Cherry Blossom. Given a simple order from a cheeky someone. "Have fun."

To be fair I've seen less on other sites and threads. No need to sound irate.
If I sound irate, that's the cost of outlining how the pitch could be better. There is no actual point to such a weak, vestigial premise pitch. It won't help one develop the idea oneself, and won't inspire others.

So if one is really interested in doing story ideas, either oneself, or to inspire others, then obviously learning how to do it right is valuable.

You can say there's no need to sound irate, but that fundamentally dismisses the actual feedback I included. Could I have worded it more diplomatically? Perhaps. Is it a problem I didn't word it most maximally diplomatically? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but speaking personally, I don't see what I posted as unreasonably harsh or rude, and would hope if the offering of an idea is earnest that, in turn, the critical feedback would be appreciated. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my intentions were not to express anger. They were to help.

Shrug

Here's a quick and dirty idea I've been toying with.

I made a post on SB about what might happen if I were the protagonist of the last video game I've played and placed into the setting of the second to last video game I played. It just so happens that those games are interconnected and the protagonist is actually an enemy you fight. And she's a lot stronger than she was when her game ended.

Name: Prier
Class: Demon Hunter
Level: 150

Title: I Want to be The Maiden of Light!
Tagline: The Legend of the Dark Saint.
Series: La Pucelle: Ragnarok and Disgaea.
(Maybe multiple crossovers as side stories?)

Even though the outcome wasn't ideal, the plan was a none-the-less a success. The Dark Prince was brought to his eternal rest alongside the first Maiden, redeemed in his final moments by his second love. The world was again at peace.

But the goddess Poitreene was all too aware how fragile that peace was; how easily the Dark Prince could be replaced by another. Not even Calamity would be able to stand against the new ruler of the Netherworld should her grief turn to anger. So she began her work anew, and came up with a way to ensure the peace wouldn't be broken. It began when she plucked a dwindling spark of light from the grave on top of the hill...

The main character, Prier because she can't go by the name she remembers, rises from the grave with the voice of a Goddess in her head. Her mission? To defeat the Overlord and return to where she belongs. Easier said than done even when the (nether)world runs on SRPG logic.

Of course, that's something of a problem. According to the demons, after they stopped moaning in pain from their beat down, the Overlord has been dead for a few years already. And of course; no demon has been able to claim the title uncontested in the intervening years. The Netherworld remains in a state of constant war.

However rumor has it that there's another contender to the throne, and this one might actually be able to take it for himself. The son of the mighty King Krichevskoy himself, Laharl.

And if the Goddess would have stopped yelling in her ear, she'd have defeated him and his party for sure!

On her journey to gain the strength needed to defeat the Overlord, the goddess wasn't specific about which friggin Overlord, she travels through all corners of the netherworld; traverses into human world(s) at the behest of a very worried Poitreene, and develops a fondness for the locals as she grows more and more powerful. Her own five man band forms and they work together to become heroes of wherever they end up at. She's feeling great, eating her vitamins, making friends with the locals… she's just doing awesome. Right up until she meets someone who would very much like to use her intestines as neck warmers.

Name: Prier
Class: Overlord
Level: 2000

Also someone who is perfectly capable of making those neckwarmers.

Thusly, the truth comes out. The Goddess' plan was for her to become strong enough to fight the real Prier, who became a demon out of love, and eventually merge with her. Because she is also the light that Prier lost.

Yes there is.

Other sites may have different etiquette, but generally if you drop insufficient information it's seen as lazy and fundamentally not respectful of other people's time.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but my intentions were not to express anger. They were to help.

Shrug
100% Understandable on both of y'all's parts. My apologies.

Aaaaaaannnnndddddddd since I'm on in Overlord Fic binge and a TTS binge, I thought of a quite funny idea that's similar to another person's. On SB there's a fic where the throne crew from TTS, aka Big E, Kitten, Magnus, and Rogal, have warp fuckery happen and end up in the mind of Shinji. Sadly this goes on only for two chapters but I think y'all can get the idea for what I'm gonna say.

An SI being slam DUNKED into the mind of Momonga, as a sort of false "second conscious" by either ROB or some sorta deity to help change some events and try to put Ainz off the crazy track. Or to cause more chaos.

So many fun things one could say in a mind such as Ainz

Last edited:
Been sketching out a Transformers Prime SI, but there is one element I'm worried may be a problem, in the context of a self-insert at least.

Specifically, the meat of the story is on Earth but I definitely still want the SI to have been part of the war prior. To have a history with some characters, to have done stuff and had stuff done to her. I don't want to make the mistake of being bogged down trying to linearly depict a war that rages for thousands of years easy when 98% of it would be montage fodder.

My intent is to indicate that in the opening and relate the bits of her backstory in the war and before it that matter through dialogue and flashbacks as appropriate just as you would with any other backstory, but in the context of an SI I worry anything like that could come across like it isn't a proper self-insert per se.

Character takes part in the old war but is thought dead when the Spark Containment Chamber holding their Spark falls below measurable power levels during a base attack. Base is abandoned afterward.

However, due to the transdimensional nature of the protagonist, their soul is somewhat more hardy than a traditional spark. When the Spark Containment Chamber is fired up again in the time of the story, they discover that somehow there's already a spark inside of it.

My intent is to indicate that in the opening and relate the bits of her backstory in the war and before it that matter through dialogue and flashbacks as appropriate just as you would with any other backstory, but in the context of an SI I worry anything like that could come across like it isn't a proper self-insert per se.

The first question is how much "you" your audience would expect to remain after going through centuries of war.
In a lot of ways, the SI would only really "come out" when they reach Earth and the cultural baggage starts to matter.

You could plan out the character changes you expect them to have from the war, then show them on Earth running face-first into the difference, feeling alienated (literally) and reflecting on when that change happened.
"Wow, I used to love The Beetles, but ever since I went to that Mechus and the Primes concert they sound like hot garbage..."

That would tie in the original Insert, their experiences, and the current character.

Does she have to be present in the war entirely?
Or could she be more a support role?
The current idea was for her to be involved in the pre-war activism/social revolutionary stuff, maybe even some of the more violent end of it. Because, well, seeing the way pre-war Aligned Cybertron sucks and knowing the war literally goes apocalyptically bad she feels like she has to do something about both the way things are and the way they're going to be. Then being involved in the war itself to enough of an extent that she has grounds to be pretty bitter about the war when things go down on Earth.

No intent for her to be like, important to central events or a big name, but she was definitely trying to be for a while there. After Cybertron is lost she ends up going to Earth in a pretty crappy ship she managed to scrape together both because Earth is sort of home for her still and because she knows from SI foreknowledge that Earth is where it all goes down, and there the actual main plot kicks off with her interacting with Team Prime and battling the baddies and so on.

I do think there's grounds there for some good little individual short stories, but the only real connective tissue throughout all the war stuff you could hang an ongoing story around is her trying to change the course of history with little to go on and failing. Over and over again. Because she's kind of narratively forced to in order for the Prime stuff to happen at all even if altered. Focusing on that to tie it together would be pretty depressing and be kind of the story spinning its wheels for however many chapters before the plot kicked in proper, so spacing them out as flashbacks and stories told, emphasizing stuff going on other than that element or doing flashbacks where that isn't even what she's doing at all, and using them to more interact with the Earth plot than each other seems like a better play from a narrative perspective.

It just also feels like a bit of a weird point to start a professed self-insert even if her Earth memories are at that point more relevant than they've been in a long time.

I had a similar idea and went through many iterations and ultimately went for a Titan Cybertronian that got stuck on city mode, and its insides and overall facilities were used as a base for either Decepticon or Autobot during the course o the millenniums of war in Cybertron, only that he gets fully awaken when a group of misfits of both side, tired of the war, came together and use a transformation mechanism and repurposed him as a city-ship to look for cybertronian colonies.

- Returning to the topic. -

It's how you want in the characters, as mentioned above; how much 'you' is in the character and how much you think can change you during a million years long apocalyptic war, and what your reaction would be on being reintroduced back into modern day Earth but now as a different species.

Has anyone already tried SI but in 2 or more bodies? I feel that if you know how to do it, it can be an interesting story.

Has anyone already tried SI but in 2 or more bodies? I feel that if you know how to do it, it can be an interesting story.
Does this one count. I think I remember some others, but they require digging and were mostly just a build up to boring power fantasy.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

No Jumper, You ARE The Team! (A Jumpchain/RWBY Quest)

After picking a fight with two punk ass teenagers and getting yourself embarrassingly killed, you wake up in a body not your own. In a world that is both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, with your memories faint and your power scattered, you are forced to go on a lifelong journey to...

Back