S͈͈͟y͈͈͋s̴͈͈͈͈ͧ͑t͈͈̋e͈̝͈m͈͈̓ ͈͈᷾E͈͈͟r͈̹͈r͈᷿͈o͈͈᷆r͈͈͜(Raildex Quest Redux)

AIM Stalker is one of the girls with Meltdowner, she can lock onto the AIM field of anyone who'd undergone esper training, and with a powerboost, can distort them.

Meltdowner uses her for targeting, when shooting through walls, city blocks, etc.
I really need to figure out some way to differentiate when I'm posting as Kiri and when I'm posting as me.

*I* know about Kirigiri, but I have never heard of... No, the name Meltdowner doesn't ring a bell, but given how it's being used as a name makes me worry that it might be a high level Esper.

AIM Stalker? I'm afraid that I do not recognize any power like that, but if there is someone else who can see all the things that I can see, I would think that they would be better known... So far the only way in all of Academy City to measure AIM fields is through some really big really complicated machinery.

So wouldn't there be all sorts of attention brought to someone who can do what I can do?
Here's the AIM Stalker description.

Takitsubo's Rikou's ability is AIM Stalker (能力追跡AIMストーカー Nōryoku Tsuiseki (AIM Sutōkā)?, lit. "Ability Tracker"), which she uses to record other espers' AIM fieldand track them down. Rikou herself boasts that as long as she recorded their AIM dispersion fields she can track them down even if they were to leave the solar system.[4] The ability also allows Rikou to accurately gauge the distance and direction of the target, as exemplified by Shizuri utilizing it to hunt down Mikoto from a safe distance.[32] So useful is her ability in ITEM that she is essentially its core, much more than Mugino Shizuri who is a Level 5.[18]

Initially, she required the consumption of the Ability Body Crystal to use her powers, as it was one of those abilities that can apparently be used when she is overloaded. Her continued use however have worn her body down to the point where she will collapse and become seriously ill if she uses it again. What's worse is that it can also be fatal. [18] Under the effects of the Ability Body Crystal her eyes widen and enable to use her power. However, prolonged usage of her power eventually tires her out.[32] During the events of World War III, she was eventually healed Elizalina when she and Shiage managed to escape into the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations.[33] She would then later use the powers on Mugino Shizuri,[13] and later be able to search espers with the ability, an example when she searched for Fremea.[29]

Now you've made me curious what the effects of that would be. That thing works by playing a certain tune, if I remember right, so would it still work if you listen to it via a method besides earbuds?
i don't know but one thing's for certain, if it worked it would derail a lot of things.

I really need to figure out some way to differentiate when I'm posting as Kiri and when I'm posting as me.

*I* know about Kirigiri, but I have never heard of... No, the name Meltdowner doesn't ring a bell, but given how it's being used as a name makes me worry that it might be a high level Esper.
Colored/italicized?

AIM Stalker? I'm afraid that I do not recognize any power like that, but if there is someone else who can see all the things that I can see, I would think that they would be better known... So far the only way in all of Academy City to measure AIM fields is through some really big really complicated machinery.

So wouldn't there be all sorts of attention brought to someone who can do what I can do?
Unfortunately, in the course of the experiments and testing to develop Takitsubo's power, they ended up using an experimental drug that pushed her range and utility into Level Four, but also made it so she can't use her power properly without the drug and it's slowly killing her. Rikou probably only has a few years to live and less if she uses her power too often unless she can find someone who can both purge the poison from her bloodstream and heal the damage it's caused, but doing all that at once would require some sort of magic and everyone knows magicians aren't real, right?

(Her story arc involves her Level Zero boyfriend defeating Level Five Number Four <The Meltdowner> in single combat to save her - twice - stealing a jet to elope escape from Academy City with her, flying to Russia through a warzone, saving a town from a small army of Russian mercenaries including at least two tanks and three helicopters, stumbling onto a secret hidden magical Siberian country and getting the secret hidden magical princess to heal Rikou, defeating Meltdowner again followed by several squads of Academy City assassins armed with dark matter weaponry, then blackmailing Academy City's Board of Directors to let them back into the city and leave them alone)

Also, she's joined up with one of the super-secret ALLCAPS mercenary groups (those are a thing for some reason, apparently there are a whole bunch of secret organizations of espers/assassins/secret agents/magicians/etc. who all use English words as names in all caps, like ITEM or SCHOOL or GROUP or...) lurking about in the Academy City underworld, so she's kind of off the radar, as it were.

Also, she's joined up with one of the super-secret ALLCAPS mercenary groups (those are a thing for some reason, apparently there are a whole bunch of secret organizations of espers/assassins/secret agents/magicians/etc. who all use English words as names in all caps, like ITEM or SCHOOL or GROUP or...) lurking about in the Academy City underworld, so she's kind of off the radar, as it were.

Or THIEF and ROGUE, but you know, those aren't a thing that you are going to have to worry about in the future. Nope, of course not.

Ah. No. You are not in Kirigiri's head, but on occasion when I don't feel like answering questions, I'll just pass them on and he'll answer them directly.

Like he said, he has never heard of AIM Stalker and is a little confused because he thought someone who could see AIM Fields would be rather... well known for being able to do so.

Cast of Characters
Cast of Characters:

This is going to be updated as things go along, with various characters and what you know about them.

However, remember that this is what you know/think, there may be things that you don't know or believe to be true that may not be true.​
Appearance - Name - Character Power - What you know about the person
there is stuff here

there is stuff here

Kirigiri Toukichirou
Character Song not yet Determined
Seeing stuff? I guess?
This is You. Born outside of Academy City, you were brought here and abandoned by your parents for a chance to have a better life. Afterwords, you were found by Doctor Dredan and spent the next Three and a half years going through complex and confusing experiments to try and do... Something.

Doctor Victor Jeffrey Marabel Dredan
Character Song not yet determined

The Head Scientist assigned to your case, He has been taking care of you for the last three years, and has always been an... odd man. He seems somehow convinced that you are the answer. To what? He refuses to say, just that you are the secret to the Key of Prometheus. Whatever that means.

Touma Kamijou

Touma is a Level 0
The Unlucky Lightning Rod who lives a few blocks away from you, He's not a bad guy... you think. You know he gets into a bit of trouble from time to time, but most people only have positive things to say about him. Level Notwithstanding of course.

Also, it appears that he has a thing for rare religious texts? Who knew.

Stiyl

He's a Priest, so he's not a student, therefor he has no power. Regardless what he seemed.
The Giant of a Priest who wants to speak to Touma about the books he borrowed... Though, what kind of books would Touma borrow from a Priest? Especially one that huge?

Last edited:
Of course, I was going to eventually bring that up, but that wasn't until the System Scan... but yeah.

[X] Maybe, oh shit! I'm already running behind because of everything that's happened and that crazy giant, I need to get to the System Scan!
[X] Ignore it

Experiment with our powers? Bah. We'll never get powers granted by the plot if we prepare for everything.

Well, I finally finished up the Sister's Arc, so... I should be good for all the magic that you guys will likely find some way to throw yourselves into until the end of August.

Not counting the things that you are going to end up having to deal with that Im bringing to the table.

Well, I finally finished up the Sister's Arc, so... I should be good for all the magic that you guys will likely find some way to throw yourselves into until the end of August.

Not counting the things that you are going to end up having to deal with that Im bringing to the table.
...Sooooo when can we expect next update?

Maybe put Kiri's posts in italics or a colored font.
She is one of the level 5s. Her powers are basically the ability to shoot death rays. She is a mercenary that works with the dark side of academy city as part of a combat team. She massively resents Mikoto being rated as higher than her and is a violent nutjob.

The esper everyone has been talking about is another member of the team. She has the ability to sense AIM fields and track espers using them. She was originally going to be a potential lvl 5 but the use of crystalized esper essence to boost her powers stunted her long term growth.

Another member of the team is a lvl 0 who is really really good at explosives and martial arts to the extent of being a threat to the Railgun.

You can find them in A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 2 during the Radio Noise arc as they attempt to stop Mikoto from destroying facilities that support the level 6 shift program. The other stuff about them people are mentioning is from the light novels.

None of them are known to the public so unless you want them to show up there is no need to ever hear about them.

Well, it's been a while since there have been votes, might as well get a vote count. I'll see about getting an update out some time tomorrow.

[x] Maybe, oh shit! I'm already running behind because of everything that's happened and that crazy giant, I need to get to the System Scan!
[x] Ignore it

Back