S͈͈͟y͈͈͋s̴͈͈͈͈ͧ͑t͈͈̋e͈̝͈m͈͈̓ ͈͈᷾E͈͈͟r͈̹͈r͈᷿͈o͈͈᷆r͈͈͜(Raildex Quest Redux)

[x] Oh hey, it's Saten-San and Uiharu-San and two others... Maybe you should go say hi

Honestly, I'm kind of confused. When I made an effective-mundane build for the reason of smoothing the starting phase, everyone objected citing that they want magical-esper right off the bat, to which I said it can wait. But now when we get to the choice that pretty much screams "Hey, do you want that magical-esper thing now?" people are getting divided, with a sizable portion saying "No, maybe later, I'd rather have these girls first!" I just, what? :jackiechan: Can't you guys be more consistent on what you want, people?
There are a few different metrics here though. There is the obvious 'power vs. social stuff' thing, but there is also the question of 'magic vs. ESP', and also the fact that Railgun is much better than Index. ;)

There are a few different metrics here though. There is the obvious 'power vs. social stuff' thing, but there is also the question of 'magic vs. ESP', and also the fact that Railgun is much better than Index. ;)
Since we know some of their social group, meeting Railgun again isn't hard.

Watching Touma get owned by Innocentius is a bit hard though.

[X] Hmm... Maybe you should go check Touma's house, that giant priest was talking about getting his books back.

I'll take this for now. Maybe we can meet up with them later, like help them during the Level Upper thing if it hasn't happened yet.

now that i think about it we should be around level upper in railgun,when saten use level upper right? maybe 2-3 days before showdown with hivemind-baby-thingy? and where are we in index timeline

now that i think about it we should be around level upper in railgun,when saten use level upper right? maybe 2-3 days before showdown with hivemind-baby-thingy? and where are we in index timeline
Ah there you go! I'm not really informed or knowledgeable in the plot of Railgun, and I barely know the plot of the series from all the stories I've read in the forums that had them involved.

[X] Hmm... Maybe you should go check Touma's house, that giant priest was talking about getting his books back.

Say no to Waifu! Its like a drug. Drugs are bad kay. Instead go for phenomenal cosmic power.

It is the 21st of July. Last night Touma's house was aflame, and later today Saten is going to decide to use the level upper.

Three days from now, the 24th, is when Saten drops into the coma and then Mikoto goes and blows the shit out of the giant monster.

There you go! We could still meet up with them within the three days before Saten falls into a coma if people still want to do that.

Wait... can we still meet them within that three days?

[x] Oh hey, it's Saten-San and Uiharu-San and two others... Maybe you should go say hi

Why? Because as stated by others Saten is going to use Level-upper soon if nothing is done, but I am hoping that talking to someone who just leveled from zero to one might help.

Plus we get to see what a level 5 field looks like.

There you go! We could still meet up with them within the three days before Saten falls into a coma if people still want to do that.

Wait... can we still meet them within that three days?
Yep. Touma spends most of those days unconscious from being beaten up by Kanzaki while Index looks after him(which he thankfully forgot at the end, because she fed and bathed him). Once he wakes up, he gets inspired and activates Pendex trying to dispel the brain fryer installed in her, which leads to Tree Diagram getting shot down by Indexbeam.

If we do it right we can meddle on both events.
And maybe get a primer on magic off Index in the meantime.

Last edited:
Vote tally:
##### 3.21
No. of votes: 23
Bondo, Feng Lengshun, Brandark, Mizu, Vilegrave, LightMage, The Sylentnight, veekie, Wing101, banjo2E, marids, Shadowward, Shura12305, Ferian, BloodWitch1337, Celestrail, Neo-Chan, burningclaw2, Ylamona, wingstrike96, SoothingCoffee, Wyxlan, drasky

No. of votes: 19
Fantabulous, frozenchicken, Koden, lethe, Ct613hulu, Wizzrobe, Drasis, Redshirt Army, cyberswordsmen, Void 17, Dutch, Varano, khoa36, Kairae, seiry, blindvi1, Felipe Melo, Nervos Belli, Sinsystems

Hopefully we will actually get an update this time...

Can anyone find an image of Touma's apartment after the battle with Stiyl? when the outside of the building is still all burned and stuff. I need it for the update, but I cannot find any images of it.

Can anyone find an image of Touma's apartment after the battle with Stiyl? when the outside of the building is still all burned and stuff. I need it for the update, but I cannot find any images of it.

No image that I could find, but if you watch episode 2 of season one, at somewhere around 15:00 to 16:30 there should be a screenshot of how the building is being viewed from the outside, with billowing smoke on one of the top floors. Unless you wanted a picture when fire-fighters are already gone?

Preferably after the firefighters are gone, since this is the next day.

Then nope, I've got no idea where to get that, since the episodes after are a quick series of action and a conclusion for the first part. Damage doesn't seem to linger long or at all in the series since it's the advanced city of Academy City with all it's automatic clean-up drones.

Meeting the Maid
For a brief moment you feel something. A shift and a warp at the edge of your mind, the tips of your sight, and with a CLUNK!, the Protractor flipped on it's side.

And slowly began to slide away from you, scrapping against the table before falling backwards and crashing against the wall, where it stayed, pressed against the wall.

"Hmmm..." Dredan began, "That is not what you had been instructed to do Toukichirou. However... I see... You may leave. It will take time for me to go over the data that you have generated. You may expect your System Scan card to be delivered to your door tonight."

Right... So the System Scan is over for now...

What should you do? it's only about 3, and...
Given the weirdness of what just happened you probably aren't going to have summer classes...
As you step out in the shining light of the afternoon, you blink, unused to the brightness of the sun reflecting off the many windows in the city.

Bored, but not really tired enough to return home, you set off, not really heading to anywhere, but just... wandering around for a bit, until something strike your fancy.

As you wander about, you noticed Ruiko-san and her girlfriend talking with a pair of girls. Though one of the two is...

Whats the word - Familiar, but not really. Like you've seen her before, and a lot... but at the same time... not?

Ah, regardless, you give the quartet a quick wave when Kazari-san notices you, before continuing on your way. While it might have been a bit of fun to hang with Ruiko-san and Kazari-san, you'd rather not interrupt their fun with their other friends.

You spend a good hour wandering about the city, just window shopping and hanging about.
(+5 EP)
Then as you continue on your way, you pass by a small shop, off in the corner of the mall.

A little bookshop off out of the way of everything else.

Books... Oh! Hey, now there is something to do! Touma doesn't live that far from you, and there was that weird Priest guy from earlier who was wanting to talk to Touma about some books.

Moving with a purpose, you head out from the mall, and to the metro station.

The train ride is peaceful, but none the less you simply cannot calm down during it. You hate trains. They remind you of that day.

Thankfully, the ride isn't particularly long either, so you are able to get off before ending up too melancholy.

And what you find is quite a surprise.

As you come closer to the building, you see ash and soot all about the building, with burns all along the walls and the ceilings. The first floor doesn't seem to have a receptionist, at least, not one who is here at the moment, so you have little else to do but go floor by floor checking each door to try and find Touma.

As you continue going door to door, checking each of the name plates, you hear the familiar whirr of a cleaning bot.

"Excuse me? Is there something you need?" a Voice asks, and as you turn, you come across... the oddest of sights.

There, sitting on one of the cleaning bots was a... maid? "Are you looking for something?"

"Ah, I'm looking for Touma Kamijou, actually. I have a message for him." you said, trying to keep eye contact with the girl as she continued to spin, and spin, and spin... and after a short moment you are already feeling nauseous.

"A Message?" The maid asked, looking a bit confused for a moment. "Ah, I'm afraid that Kamijou isn't here at the moment, and I don't know where he's gone to... But..." She pauses, even the machine slowed and stopped, as she looked at you. "I don't think he's going to be back for at least a few days. Though, I'd bet that my brother knows where he is, so you could ask him."

And what do you decide to do?
[ ] Go along with the maid and speak to her brother
[ ] Tell her that it isn't that big of an issue and you can talk to him some other time
[ ] Do something else?

Eh, I'm not really happy with this update, but I got what I needed to get out of it out there....

[X] Go along with the maid and speak to her brother

Apparently we had a message to deliver, alrighty then.

Back