Requisite pony thread (No creepers)

Or maybe it's a world where Starlight succeeded, and somehow got all of Equestria to abandon their cutie marks.
No more pegasi to handle the weather, no more earth pony magic to make plants grow..

Now the issue with that is how did it get this bad this fast? I mean its been less than a year from the point where Starlight's little cult was just a village in the middle of nowhere. How do you go from that to spreading that belief all across the nation and having all the negative repercussions pile up to the point of deserted wasteland in the same time frame.

Heh, you know what would be kind of funny. If that was actually a very nice future, every part of Equestria being better off in some way at the expense of that one particular area being a little contained wasteland of suck.

Now the issue with that is how did it get this bad this fast? I mean its been less than a year from the point where Starlight's little cult was just a village in the middle of nowhere. How do you go from that to spreading that belief all across the nation and having all the negative repercussions pile up to the point of deserted wasteland in the same time frame.
Remember, the timeline doesn't start changing from the moment when the Mane Six were supposed to deal with a given problem. It starts diverging from the moment of the rainboom.
Due to the butterfly effect, it is entirely possible that events with Starlight's life and her little cult went differently, and she somehow had a major presence in Equestria years before the return of Nightmare Moon. Then stuff happens, Celestia is gone because of some villain or another, desperate ponies turn to the charismatic cult leader for answers, and she convinces enough ponies to enact some mass cutie-mark removing ritual that affects the entire country at once.
Or something.

Man, there's been a disproportionately large amount of Fallout-related pony recently. I'm convinced at least one of the staff took advantage of F4's release.

One of my favourite things from when I first joined this fandom, rediscovered and realized is still good.

Last edited:
Heh, you know what would be kind of funny. If that was actually a very nice future, every part of Equestria being better off in some way at the expense of that one particular area being a little contained wasteland of suck.
For a moment there I though you were suggesting the wasteland in the last bad future was a small containment zone in an otherwise utopian Equestria.

Celestia: "I owe a researcher at my school for finding this "Reverse Empress' New Clothes Spell." Everypony can see those adorable freckles except for her. It's too bad she won't see Twilight for another week."

I think I've found the most What the Hell MLP image ever:

Well, to wash that taste out of our mouths:

Twilight: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *Hug Attack"
Luna: "Uh… Okay."

Luna: "I'm dispelling this later tonight but uh, I guess I'll let Celestia off easy this time."

I think I've found the most What the Hell MLP image ever:

>it takes place at the wedding castle playset
> "servant zebras all look the same"
> All my friends are here! And Applejack, too
> YOUR REWARD IS A BALLOON

Holy goddamn shit, there are too many things here for me to choose a favourite.

Anyways,

Back